Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2018
2,967 Interview Reviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2017.

Interview

Applied originally for the position via LinkedIn. Within two weeks I got an email asking for an HR initial interview, then setup a technical interview a few days later. A week after my technical interview I got an email asking me to sign a consent form for background investigation and the next day I got a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Host-Based Analysis or Volatility?   Answer Question
    • I was asked about an in-depth networking closet (hands-on) project I did at school and the things I did and learned while doing it.   Answer Question
    • What current topics are you working on outside of school that relates to computing/technology?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through a conference to interview for this position. The first was a phone screen where the engineer asked me networking basic questions and how to troubleshoot. After that, I was flown out to San Jose, CA for Cisco Day. The interview consisted of 3 rounds (technical, behavior, and presentation). My behavior and presentation interviewers were really nice. Two people interviewed me for the technical round, and one of them was extremely rude and condescending. The technical interview consisted of troubleshooting scenarios. It also involved subnet calculations. I was told by one of the interviewers that if you are interested in coding and software engineering, then this is not a good position to be in because a network engineer mostly deals with customers and is on the phone all day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was only a thirty-minute interview. The interviewer was really nice; he asked me about a project I really enjoyed and then went into a really easy interview question that you could find in CTCI. I was nervous but he was very generous and quick to give hints; however, in doing so I feel I gave the impression that I didn't know the "trick" to the problem when I did. I'm not sure how that played out though.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews. Both were with program coordinators for the Leaders in Finance and Technology (LIFT) program which is what you would do after graduation. The internship feeds into that program so you meet with the same people. First interview was very much focused on learning about whether or not you did your company research with a few behavioral questions as well. Second interview had some technical accounting questions but was primarily focused on trying to determine whether or not the company was a good fit for the long-term.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked to a few recruiters at a school career fair; they seemed very uninterested (probably because the lines were very long and it was later in the day). I received an email later that day for an interview. It was mostly behavioral questions, no coding. Then I was rejected.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very simple. Resume stuff how good you are and rest were basic algo. The interviewers were very good and very humble. There was many rounds on a single day which was tiring. % rounds without food

Interview Questions

• Quick Sort, Hashmap two sum problem, some basics on java string   Answer Question

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

There were 2 panel interviews, and 5 one-on-one interviews. I had 3 interviews with the hiring manager as well as several peers on the team. The interviews were handled well and I feel like it was a fair process.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring different from your competition?   1 Answer

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Cisco System came to our campus career fair to recruit new grad students, I have the matching background so they decide to give me an interview. They started up with the cliche question like tell us more about yourself...

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about yourself?
      What is the difference between end to end and p2p   Answer Question

Interview

This was for an internship. A 45 minute interview about general cyber security questions, mostly on identifying different types attacks. I was asked about 5 questions, mostly on different types of attacks and how to deal with them

Interview Questions

• On a public wifi network, if you want to make sure someone is not spoofing a website like Google.com, what could you do   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

talk about previous projects describe technical details as much as possible for about 20-25min, then answering questions including coding and basic knowledge about C++ and C. During processing give me some hints and later tell me the best solutions.