Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017
2,654 Interview Reviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to Cisco's networking night at my college and had a mini-interview with a recruiter. I gave her my resume and applied online, and was then contacted to interview for a position within the company. The interview was fairly relaxed, and I didn't get asked any technical questions, but it seemed like I was extremely under qualified for the position based on the questions he was asking me.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the projects you've worked on?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with any other languages (Python, Ruby, etc.)?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online via my university's job finding service and was contacted a couple days later for an interview at my university's career development center. It was a single interview that lasted for approximately 45 minutes and consisted of some very interesting back and forth conversation between myself and a network engineer from Cisco. There were very few technical questions asked, and most were very open-ended and had more to do with what my academic experience entailed thus far as well as how I view networking as a field. IoT technology was also a heavy go-to topic due to Cisco's direction as a company.

After almost two whole months in limbo, I finally received a decision explaining that I was not selected for the position. I was very, very disappointed with how status updates were refused to be given by Cisco's HR and how poor the overall communication was, though that still doesn't tilt it into a negative overall experience for me due to how awesome the interviewer in particular was.

Interview Questions

• What do you know of IoT and adjacent technologies to the phenomena of (IoT)?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2017.

Interview

I did On Campus Interview by University. They were in OpenDNS team where my fit does match really well. All the questions were about previous projects and problem solving skill when I got stuck things like these. The interview went really well but so did with my friends too. Still no contact.

Interview Questions

• Explain about your previous projects.
      How do you start a big problem?
      What do you do when you get stuck during the project?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Spoke one on one with technical recruiter at job fair. The person asked about my previous projects on my resume. It was very quick and she just briefly asked me to highlight the technologies I have used at previous companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Got an onsite at San Jose, 4 rounds interview, talked about the resume, basic questions about OOP concepts, computer networks, data structure, algorithms and some front end stuff. The interviewers are polite and patience. But there's NO feedback after the interview even though it's about a month from then and they do NOT reply the email.

Application

Interview

Applied via my college's career center website. Interview onsite. Still waiting to hear back. I'd advise researching Glassdoor for their technical questions. Know your data structures, like stacks and linked lists. 45 minute technical interview. Still waiting to hear back

Interview Questions

• A couple of linked list type questions - e.g. how to find the middle element of a linked list in one pass?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with senior manager asking what I know, what I do, with abstract questions. Further asked me why I wanted to do the specific internship despite not having much previous experience (first year). Had a more comfortable time after interviewer asked about specifics in my resume.

Interview Questions

• How did you debug (person website project)?   1 Answer
    • Do you want to sit at a computer desk all day typing code?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Was offered interview after visiting career fair. Interview was the same week. Only one or two HR type questions, rest were more technical. uestions ranged from problem solving to knowing terminology. Interviewer was very friendly and I never felt pressured.

Interview Questions

• Find the lowest possible number a times you would need to use a scale to find an outlier (heavier or smaller) in a group of otherwise similar objects   Answer Question

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2017.

Interview

I got an email from the recruiter (within a week or two from me applying online) to schedule 4 interviews with current Cisco Senior Network Consulting Engineers and each is one hour long. after the 4 interviews I did not get any updates for over one month and half where i saw my application status changed to "not Considered for this position" which means I did not pass to the second round (if there is one). There was one person who at the beginning of the interview immediately told me that he does not have more than 30 minutes for the interview even though it suppose to be an hour long!. And one interviewer told me that I could join another company and get more cert then apply to Cisco again!. All interviews were fine and has mix of technical (some were deep technical ) and non technical questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Newark, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Got the interview opportunity through campus fair which was organized in my college. I was called the very next day for one on one interview. Questions were both behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions

• 1. Talk about yourself
      2. How you can handle work in a team
      3. Went through the resume and asked questions about the projects that I have done
      4. Why Cisco?
      5. Why BA?
      Answer Question

See What Cisco Systems Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Senior Marketing Program Manager in Research Triangle Park, NC

Pros: “BFPWGP or Best Freaking Place to Work, Grow and Play! I have been with Cisco for 11 years and I am truly excited each day because I have an opportunity to think about my current role, my...”“BFPWGP or Best Freaking Place to Work, Grow and Play! I have been with Cisco for 11 years and I am truly excited each day because I have an opportunity to think about my current role, my opportunity to grow and most important my value to the community and believe it or not earth. In my role, i have learned so much about the importance of Sustainability and how WE need to sever the umbilical cord to Mother Earth. Cisco creates conscious citizens that are culturally responsible and push beyond their wildest imagination. I encourage you to find an opportunity here at Cisco, I promise you will have a lasting career. #LoveWhereYouWork.” – Full Review