Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017
2,685 Interview Reviews

Problem Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied internally then got approval to move forward. Once you get approval from recruiter then they forward to hiring managers to review again. Then they set up WebEx meeting to go over your resume

Interview Questions

• Why are you requesting to move to another position within Cisco   2 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through university infosession. It was supposed to be an on campus interview, but my interviewer got sick, so I had the interview over WebEx. After a week, I got an email saying I was still in consideration, but it will take a few weeks to make the final decision. I got the rejection notice about a month later.

Interview Questions

• They asked me one easy string manipulation question.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. Pretty easy questions were asked to me. Interviewer was knowledgable . 1 Written and 2 Interviews rounds happened. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2017.

Interview

I had 2 telephonic rounds.
    1. Round 1 consisted of talking to the manager of the team. They checked if I was a good fit for this role. Asked me about my projects. Resolved any queries I had
    2. Round 2 was a technical round.

Interview Questions

• Given a number z, find a pair of (x,y) in the array which sum up to z. The most efficient way. Code it   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview had four rounds. First was the resume, second was a telephonic, third a video interview and fourth was onsite.I could not make it to the last round since I had an exam on that day

Interview Questions

• Basics about networking would do good to pass the next levels   Answer Question

CSAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Step 1:
    Create a 2min video about CISCO

Step 2:
    Video conference interview (30min)

Step 3:
    Fly to San Jose

Conceptual exam (10min)

Basic interview questions (20min)

Present about a topic directly related to the company and what it does. They expect specific examples and stats (10min)

Faux-Client role play with a lot of background information about the client's needs (20min)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you failed and what you did to overcome it   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I was interviewed as a new college hire who was about to graduate in a couple of months.

* phone interview for behavioral questions
    * in person review about Java and behavioral questions

Program Manager Interview

Interview

I applied at a career fair while in university and a recruiter contacted me. There was first a phone conversation with recruiter and then three webex interviews before getting an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to Cisco's networking night at my college and had a mini-interview with a recruiter. I gave her my resume and applied online, and was then contacted to interview for a position within the company. The interview was fairly relaxed, and I didn't get asked any technical questions, but it seemed like I was extremely under qualified for the position based on the questions he was asking me.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the projects you've worked on?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with any other languages (Python, Ruby, etc.)?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online via my university's job finding service and was contacted a couple days later for an interview at my university's career development center. It was a single interview that lasted for approximately 45 minutes and consisted of some very interesting back and forth conversation between myself and a network engineer from Cisco. There were very few technical questions asked, and most were very open-ended and had more to do with what my academic experience entailed thus far as well as how I view networking as a field. IoT technology was also a heavy go-to topic due to Cisco's direction as a company.

After almost two whole months in limbo, I finally received a decision explaining that I was not selected for the position. I was very, very disappointed with how status updates were refused to be given by Cisco's HR and how poor the overall communication was, though that still doesn't tilt it into a negative overall experience for me due to how awesome the interviewer in particular was.

Interview Questions

• What do you know of IoT and adjacent technologies to the phenomena of (IoT)?   2 Answers