Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017
2,717 Interview Reviews

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview had four rounds. First was the resume, second was a telephonic, third a video interview and fourth was onsite.I could not make it to the last round since I had an exam on that day

Interview Questions

• Basics about networking would do good to pass the next levels   Answer Question

CSAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Step 1:
    Create a 2min video about CISCO

Step 2:
    Video conference interview (30min)

Step 3:
    Fly to San Jose

Conceptual exam (10min)

Basic interview questions (20min)

Present about a topic directly related to the company and what it does. They expect specific examples and stats (10min)

Faux-Client role play with a lot of background information about the client's needs (20min)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you failed and what you did to overcome it   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I was interviewed as a new college hire who was about to graduate in a couple of months.

* phone interview for behavioral questions
    * in person review about Java and behavioral questions

Program Manager Interview

Interview

I applied at a career fair while in university and a recruiter contacted me. There was first a phone conversation with recruiter and then three webex interviews before getting an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to Cisco's networking night at my college and had a mini-interview with a recruiter. I gave her my resume and applied online, and was then contacted to interview for a position within the company. The interview was fairly relaxed, and I didn't get asked any technical questions, but it seemed like I was extremely under qualified for the position based on the questions he was asking me.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the projects you've worked on?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with any other languages (Python, Ruby, etc.)?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online via my university's job finding service and was contacted a couple days later for an interview at my university's career development center. It was a single interview that lasted for approximately 45 minutes and consisted of some very interesting back and forth conversation between myself and a network engineer from Cisco. There were very few technical questions asked, and most were very open-ended and had more to do with what my academic experience entailed thus far as well as how I view networking as a field. IoT technology was also a heavy go-to topic due to Cisco's direction as a company.

After almost two whole months in limbo, I finally received a decision explaining that I was not selected for the position. I was very, very disappointed with how status updates were refused to be given by Cisco's HR and how poor the overall communication was, though that still doesn't tilt it into a negative overall experience for me due to how awesome the interviewer in particular was.

Interview Questions

• What do you know of IoT and adjacent technologies to the phenomena of (IoT)?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2017.

Interview

I did On Campus Interview by University. They were in OpenDNS team where my fit does match really well. All the questions were about previous projects and problem solving skill when I got stuck things like these. The interview went really well but so did with my friends too. Still no contact.

Interview Questions

• Explain about your previous projects.
      How do you start a big problem?
      What do you do when you get stuck during the project?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Spoke one on one with technical recruiter at job fair. The person asked about my previous projects on my resume. It was very quick and she just briefly asked me to highlight the technologies I have used at previous companies

Interview Questions

• Describe your projects at previous internships?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Got an onsite at San Jose, 4 rounds interview, talked about the resume, basic questions about OOP concepts, computer networks, data structure, algorithms and some front end stuff. The interviewers are polite and patience. But there's NO feedback after the interview even though it's about a month from then and they do NOT reply the email.

Application

Interview

Applied via my college's career center website. Interview onsite. Still waiting to hear back. I'd advise researching Glassdoor for their technical questions. Know your data structures, like stacks and linked lists. 45 minute technical interview. Still waiting to hear back

Interview Questions

• A couple of linked list type questions - e.g. how to find the middle element of a linked list in one pass?   2 Answers