Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017
2,897 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email from recruiter after a month asking for my availability for interview. Scheduled two video interview via Webex tool. First Interview was a technical round where the interviewer asked me about Natural Language processing since my background was in it. Second was more behavioral type of interview.

Interview Questions

• How to check whether two strings are similar?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The process was easy and the interview was very informal. I did not have to prepare much because I have been to so many interviews in the past. However, I recommend practicing some of the answers ahead of time so that you can feel comfortable when you go for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider your biggest strength   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I got a call from University Recruiting and had a WebEx interview. It was a 1-hour interview.
    The interview wasn't hard. You need to be confident and not make any simple mistakes. I made a few basic errors.

Interview Questions

• Discussion on the resume in depth with technical questions.
      3 programs.
      1. String related manipulation.
      2. Tree traversal.
      3. Design a bookshelf class structure.   1 Answer

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very painful and draining. Team dont know what they want to ask. They were using a print out paper, I am sure they were using Q&A downloaded from google.
    Interviewer was willing to hire me on contract and not on full time payroll and was hinting to use their vendor to join a team,

Interview Questions

• Explain OOPS in few words
      Explain difference between RDBMS and non-RDBMS   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boxborough, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online,
    one screening followed by an on-site.
    There were 3 rounds 2 people interviewed in each round.
    The interviewer will go in detail in whatever is there on your resume or whatever you speak.

Software Engineer-II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Baltimore, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Got a mail from the hiring manager for phone screening. Scheduled a call after 3-4 days. Phone screen was a basic technical interview covering easy questions related to coding, Linux and networking. After a week the hiring manager confirmed that I cleared the first round and will be moving forward for next rounds. Next round was 5 video interviews back to back. The interviewers were really good. They were friendly and asked standard questions related to Linux internals, Perl/Python coding, Networking etc. The next day only, the HR mailed and later called to confirm my offer. Overall process was quick.

Interview Questions

• How to include a function located in another file or folder?
      Write a code to return sum of two numbers in Perl/Python.
      CPU optimization, multi-processing, computer architecture.
      Describe linux boot process.
      Linux commands top, meminfo, chmod (what does 775 mean) etc.
      IP addressing and assignment.
      Given a router and two hosts, describe the end to end process for ping.
      Difference between router/ switch
      Difference between TCP/UDP
      Difference between SDN and legacy switch
      Topology discovery in OpenFlow   Answer Question

Outcomes Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2017.

Interview

Spoke to three different team members via video call. They use GoToMeeting for their video interviews. The second person asked the meatiest questions regarding my experience and also explained the context of the role. The last interview was with the hiring manager. That was the most disappointing because she had not spoken with the prior two interviewers and started by asking who I'd spoken with.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed, although I was tensed in the first place. It was completely conducted online on WebEx. I had several interview sessions. The first stage was about me, mostly what I have been doing so far, then they asked me about a few real situations, so I share my opinion. They told me about the team and current projects. After the interview I felt I'd get hired, and I was.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

manager phone call, discuss my background, project that i have done. manager talk about the project they are doing and what role that i will do. and give my some time to ask question.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was smooth and very fast with 2 technical interviews over the phone one was based on basic coding knowledge and other with senior member of the team based more on cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Q1: String manipulation and palindrome?
      Q2: Questions based on project and RESTAPIs?   Answer Question