Cisco Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017
2,558 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer (Full Time) Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I met Cisco recruiters at my university's career fair earlier this semester. Unfortunately, I was unavailable for their on campus interviews times, so I had a Webex phone interview instead. The first phone interview was with I believe a manager. He asked basic behavioral and technical questions. The whole interview lasted 20 minutes. After a week, I was emailed that I did not make it past to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle arguments?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

4 different engineers interviewed on different subjects regarding OS, Networking protocols, algorithms, and coding. all of them did a half interview process were they asked in the first half some conceptual questions and the second half some coding questions. most of the questions were some algorithms puzzles and some others were related to data structures.

Interview Questions

• write some code to identify that a binary tree is a binary tree and not something else   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

Interview

tl;dr: some of their offices are just renovated and may not have snacks around. Bring some by yourself if you get hungry easily during interviews.

I had 2 phone calls with them before visiting onsite. The first was the recruiter and the second hiring manager. They're mostly about past experience and no coding interview included.

During onsite visit I met 5 people. The first interviewer asked behavioral questions and a brain teaser. The second asked C++ OOP (e.g. multiple inheritance) and coding. The 3rd and 4th, one of which was by remote conferencing, were about some background knowledge of the project I'm applying to. And the last was the hiring manager who also took me to their cafe for lunch. It seems they just switched to agile workflow so they emphasize a lot on how well you could work under agile environment.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, brain teaser, C++ OOP (e.g. multiple inheritance) and coding   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2016.

Interview

Everything went smooth, two rounds of interview. 1 on 1 for the first round, and another phone interview. Interviewers are very nice and the process is straightforward. Answered the questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus careers website and Cisco jobs page and had a campus interview two weeks later. There was only one campus interview that was an hour long and consisted of behavioral and technical questions. It was a good experience and really easy interview but they wanted you to know a little bit about the company and some of the new projects they are working on. Overall had a good experience but I never heard back from them and find that to be very unprofessional. The recruiters didn't even give out any contact information so I never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral: previous projects, experience, interests, what I knew about the company, courses I've taken so far
      Technical: no actual coding but asked specifically how I would go about coding certain problems, linked lists, binary trees, hash tables, stacks, recursion (my interviewer was a big fan of recursion and asked detailed questions some of which I did not know the answer to) There was no way you could do well if you don't already know your stuff
      Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Since I was applying from across the country it was all handled over phone and webex. There was a primary phone call that lasted about half an hour and had questions that gauged knowledge on basic to advanced networking concepts.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in October 2016.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my university's career fair. I was called in for an interview on my college campus about a week later, then after couple weeks I got an email saying that I received a second round interview via Skype and received an offer one week later

Interview Questions

• Lots of personality questions, describe past experiences, why cisco   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was reached out through Linkedin. The interview was setup the next week. There was six rounds of interview lasting an hour each. They asked questions ranging from previous experience, current work, algorithms, TDD, White Board question. I got feedback within the next day. Negotiated the salary over a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, Algorithms, White board questions   Answer Question

Associate Systems Wngineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview video interview and assesment center...The phone interview is done on Webex and is scheduled earlier via email-the interviewer is an agent of a recruiting firm hired by cisco to conduct the interviews

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a three part process involving a video, webex interview and an assessment center. The Assessment center involves a 30 minute interview a sales role play and a ten minute presentation on an assigned topic.