Cisco Systems Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Java Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

initial phone screening by the implementation partner (Tech M), after that the scheduled for a webex interview, its a Code challenge. it was easy and questions are mostly from Core java. this doesnt help you much if you are appling for a fulltime position

Interview Questions

• interview questions completely Depends on the requirement and i applied for the contract position so these questions doesnt help you much   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with an online coding test. Interviewed by phone with technical questions. Then interviewed onsite by 3 developers.

It took a long time to hear back about the offer. Over a month in fact. This was out of the control of the recruiter and the company so I can't complain but it certainly wasn't a good experience waiting that long. The actual interview experience was great. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. No arrogance at all compared to other companies / interviews.

Interview Questions

• Write a singleton class in Java.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2010.

Interview

After a short phone screen, I had a four hours of interviewing. The interviewers wanted to see if we could work well together. Other companies wanted me to prove that I was good enough to work there. The difference: cisco respects their candidates. Interviews focused on writing clean, maintainable code, communication and problem decomposition. Other companies tested me on trivia or implementing algorithms that I doubt someone in the position in question would need to implement. In addition to being smart, cisco wants to know the quality of the code you produce and what it would be like to work with you to solve problems. This told me that I'd like working with other at cisco, and I was right.

Interview Questions

• interface vs abstract class   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Netanya (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Netanya (Israel)) in January 2019.

Interview

Got a call from the hiring manager, HR and then a frontal interview with 2 engineers from the team. They said that the next process is to get interviewed with major managers.

Interview Questions

• 1. write a function which gets 2 strings and returns the first occurrence of the string in the other one.
      2. implement a class which implemets setAll in a hashmap in Java in o(1) complexity.
      3. asked me many multi thread questions about the product I work with.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process took 2-4 weeks. i got the call through the HR and was interviewed at bangalore office. Interviewers were very supportive and calm. They started with core java questions and moved onto data structures. Interviewers also helped along the solution. overall process was smooth and planned.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were like discussion on basic topics from the CV. topics covered were:-
      1) database