Cisco Systems Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

2.8

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial phone screening with a HR agent that felt extremely corporate. You are asked to answer some behavioural questions, and then have to wait while you are "graded". Probably the worst phone screening I have ever experienced, really discouraging and makes you f eel like you are joining a giant corporate machine.

Next step was spending half a day at the London's Cisco site. Couple presentations by current employees and managers, a tour of the site, and a single in-person interview. Interview consisted of behavioural and sales questions, and a few technical questions about things listed on your CV (nothing too in-depth though).

Interview Questions

• How do you convince someone who insists your product is bad of the opposite?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was a fairly easy process. Initial phone screening, LM interview and then group panel discussion. 30 minutes to one hour in duration . The process was straight forward lasted for 3 weeks max and was offered the same day of last interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a good phone interview then Webex interview, after being referred by a friend.
    I had a successful phone interview which was based on behavioural questions and still need to go to the technical interview in few days. This will include questions to do with my technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at cisco, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What hobbies or interests do you have that relate to computer science?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Good interview process; had a telephone interview first, followed by a short video assessment.

Assessment centre was intense, but fair - comprised of a test, a chat about your CV and experiences, and a chance to ask about the company. Since it's Cisco, they're unashamedly geeky. Had a role play and a presentation to prep for on the day.

Overall, good experience, and would recommend anyone give this a try - it's a tough process, but it's worth it. Got the news the day after the assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Know your CV inside and out - anticipate questions relating to it, especially if you've had technical roles, swot up on them and be ready to speak about them if asked.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

i had a online webex interview.
    it waas a phone interview, very short, about 20 mins.
    very basic questions. what do u think about the company. what could u contribute to the company.

Desktop EngineerPhone Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st Stage - WebEx Telephone Interview -
    Consisted of 3 Questions.
    I then waited for feedback and was told i was through to a second telephone interview with the Hiring Manager and that there will be an assessment centre invitation soon.

Interviewer was slightly unorganised and didn't know when my next interview will be. But was very kind and helpful.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

After submitting the application process in November, was invited to a tele interview soon after. I was told I passed this competency interview "with flying colours", but it's been radio silence from their recruiters ever since. This is even after I emailed them asking about my application status. Now I'm accepting another job interview without even being able to give cisco a crack. Very disappointing experience.

Also their application page is antiquated and very annoying - you have to give a compulsory response about "how you heard about cisco" every time you log in. They must do something about that.

Cisco Sales Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the CSAP back in April and roughly a month later i got a phone call from the offices saying i was accepted into the recruitment process. They gave me a rough briefing of what it was going to be like and what i would have to do. The process involved three stages

Stage 1 - This is one of your basic phone interviews, not much to say here
    Stage 2 - stage 2 is where you have to submit a video of yourself talking about a certain topic (think it was 2 minutes long, time will probably differ). For my video, i was given the topic of smart cities. Depending on each candidate, they will give you roughly round about a week to prepare for this video. You don't have to stream the video or do it one take, so this stage isn't too hard either. You can also submit the video anytime you want before the deadline so it gives people a bit more freedom. Make sure you make your video interesting, try and stand out from the rest of the people, give your own opinion on the topic at hand and such. You get multiple takes so use it( I did about 10 retries before i was happy with the video), even show your video to a friend before submission to see what they can notice. Last but not least, make sure you look at the camera, wear something nice (Don't have to go all out with the suit and everything but don't wear your PJ's, just your nicest t-shirt will suffice) and speak clearly and slowly especially if you have accent.
    Stage 3 - Now this is the last stage and where it gets really tricky so you will have to get stuck in. Stage 3 is the assessment day and again like before they will send you a couple of files and documents on what is happening on the day so prepare before hand. From my own experience the assessment day will include
    - a basic numerical test
    - interviews ( can be with 1 - 2 people )
    - Presentation
    - Lunch
    - Role Playing
    For the numerical test (questions include sequences, problem solving and etc), you can't really study for this as its mostly just testing your common knowledge, I mean you could always dig up your old GCSE maths papers and go through them but you should be focusing on the other aspects of the assessment day for now. Interviews will again be similar to the phone interviews where they want to get to know you better but they will ask you some technical questions, so learn some networking to impress them. Okay so for the presentation, they will have given you information before hand on what they want you to present so you will have sufficient time to prepare, they will not allow you to bring in a computer or a usb to do the thing on powerpoint so you will have to present your topic on a whiteboard. They will allow you to make handouts and stuff beforehand and you should make handouts. This way they know you are determined and are sufficiently prepared beforehand but make sure your handouts actually do something is well, don't just hand out bit of paper with useless information. The presentation itself is roughly 10 - 15 mins long, so keep that in mind, as long as you prepare for this part then you will be absolutely fine. After they do some of the tasks at hand in the assessment day, they will take you to lunch in the company's cafeteria ( yay free food ). They will tell you that you can relax and stuff but DONT!!! Keep your gameface on, and act in a professional manner, do not talk to them like you would talk to your friends and stuff cause they will be looking at how you communicate with your peers and socialise so i repeat do not relax. Now for the role playing. Again they will give you information beforehand about the role playing task and the basic idea is that you are meeting with a client and you have to sell them one of the company's products (the company itself is fictitious). For me, I was meeting with the CEO of a super car company (something like Lamborghini) and I had to introduce him to two of Cisco's products. Now for this part I would first of all recommend you to study the products that you are going to sell to the client (they tell you before hand and give you links to it, so this isn't hard) and to also study up on the bio that they gave you for the company. The guy pretending to be the client will actually act like a client and what i mean by this is, during the meeting he might just whip out his phone and start texting if what you are saying is boring him. Another thing is try to be cool with the client like don't just talk to him about all the technical things (he will get bored and start ignoring you and texting, yeah hes like that), try to talk to him about other things is well to keep him interested. Also use the whiteboard again, Cisco seems to love watch people drawing on that damn thing or doing something on it. They don't tell you this until after but during the role playing session, you should definitely ask the client about their budget and timescale, apparently the developers will kill to have that information.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you learned something   1 Answer

Workplace Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview; the HR person carrying out the interview clearly couldn't be bothered and seemed uninterested in every answer given, I had to ask them to repeat the questions because their phone system was inaudible (disappointing considering they sell conferencing services).

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had a telephone interview with an agency which was just HR type questions. Following this there was another telephone interview this time with some hiring managers. The final step was an Assessment Centre at their UK HQ in Feltham. This day felt very relaxed and was made up of a group exercise, a skills test and an interview. The interviews were very low pressure and felt more like a chat than an interview and included a short presentation about myself. We were also given a variety of talks from members of the company and a tour of the site. There was also lots of opportunity to network with current employees of all levels.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the things on my CV   1 Answer