Cisco Systems Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

i had a online webex interview.
    it waas a phone interview, very short, about 20 mins.
    very basic questions. what do u think about the company. what could u contribute to the company.

Interview Questions

• what do u know about cisco   1 Answer

Desktop EngineerPhone Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st Stage - WebEx Telephone Interview -
    Consisted of 3 Questions.
    I then waited for feedback and was told i was through to a second telephone interview with the Hiring Manager and that there will be an assessment centre invitation soon.

Interviewer was slightly unorganised and didn't know when my next interview will be. But was very kind and helpful.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

After submitting the application process in November, was invited to a tele interview soon after. I was told I passed this competency interview "with flying colours", but it's been radio silence from their recruiters ever since. This is even after I emailed them asking about my application status. Now I'm accepting another job interview without even being able to give cisco a crack. Very disappointing experience.

Also their application page is antiquated and very annoying - you have to give a compulsory response about "how you heard about cisco" every time you log in. They must do something about that.

Cisco Sales Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the CSAP back in April and roughly a month later i got a phone call from the offices saying i was accepted into the recruitment process. They gave me a rough briefing of what it was going to be like and what i would have to do. The process involved three stages

Stage 1 - This is one of your basic phone interviews, not much to say here
    Stage 2 - stage 2 is where you have to submit a video of yourself talking about a certain topic (think it was 2 minutes long, time will probably differ). For my video, i was given the topic of smart cities. Depending on each candidate, they will give you roughly round about a week to prepare for this video. You don't have to stream the video or do it one take, so this stage isn't too hard either. You can also submit the video anytime you want before the deadline so it gives people a bit more freedom. Make sure you make your video interesting, try and stand out from the rest of the people, give your own opinion on the topic at hand and such. You get multiple takes so use it( I did about 10 retries before i was happy with the video), even show your video to a friend before submission to see what they can notice. Last but not least, make sure you look at the camera, wear something nice (Don't have to go all out with the suit and everything but don't wear your PJ's, just your nicest t-shirt will suffice) and speak clearly and slowly especially if you have accent.
    Stage 3 - Now this is the last stage and where it gets really tricky so you will have to get stuck in. Stage 3 is the assessment day and again like before they will send you a couple of files and documents on what is happening on the day so prepare before hand. From my own experience the assessment day will include
    - a basic numerical test
    - interviews ( can be with 1 - 2 people )
    - Presentation
    - Lunch
    - Role Playing
    For the numerical test (questions include sequences, problem solving and etc), you can't really study for this as its mostly just testing your common knowledge, I mean you could always dig up your old GCSE maths papers and go through them but you should be focusing on the other aspects of the assessment day for now. Interviews will again be similar to the phone interviews where they want to get to know you better but they will ask you some technical questions, so learn some networking to impress them. Okay so for the presentation, they will have given you information before hand on what they want you to present so you will have sufficient time to prepare, they will not allow you to bring in a computer or a usb to do the thing on powerpoint so you will have to present your topic on a whiteboard. They will allow you to make handouts and stuff beforehand and you should make handouts. This way they know you are determined and are sufficiently prepared beforehand but make sure your handouts actually do something is well, don't just hand out bit of paper with useless information. The presentation itself is roughly 10 - 15 mins long, so keep that in mind, as long as you prepare for this part then you will be absolutely fine. After they do some of the tasks at hand in the assessment day, they will take you to lunch in the company's cafeteria ( yay free food ). They will tell you that you can relax and stuff but DONT!!! Keep your gameface on, and act in a professional manner, do not talk to them like you would talk to your friends and stuff cause they will be looking at how you communicate with your peers and socialise so i repeat do not relax. Now for the role playing. Again they will give you information beforehand about the role playing task and the basic idea is that you are meeting with a client and you have to sell them one of the company's products (the company itself is fictitious). For me, I was meeting with the CEO of a super car company (something like Lamborghini) and I had to introduce him to two of Cisco's products. Now for this part I would first of all recommend you to study the products that you are going to sell to the client (they tell you before hand and give you links to it, so this isn't hard) and to also study up on the bio that they gave you for the company. The guy pretending to be the client will actually act like a client and what i mean by this is, during the meeting he might just whip out his phone and start texting if what you are saying is boring him. Another thing is try to be cool with the client like don't just talk to him about all the technical things (he will get bored and start ignoring you and texting, yeah hes like that), try to talk to him about other things is well to keep him interested. Also use the whiteboard again, Cisco seems to love watch people drawing on that damn thing or doing something on it. They don't tell you this until after but during the role playing session, you should definitely ask the client about their budget and timescale, apparently the developers will kill to have that information.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you learned something   1 Answer

Workplace Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview; the HR person carrying out the interview clearly couldn't be bothered and seemed uninterested in every answer given, I had to ask them to repeat the questions because their phone system was inaudible (disappointing considering they sell conferencing services).

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I had interview over the phone, and the requriter ask me many question, however he was very slow and asked me answer slowly that is why I cause reduces my performances.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call initially from a hiring company that works with Cisco, they asked me basic questions about company (mentioned below). Based each point I made was equivalent to a specific score and then it was added up to a final score which determined if I would get a second interview with the team manager.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview was with Adecco, a hiring company, asked what I knew about company, why cisco, where do I see myself in 10 years, and what do I expect from the the internship.

2nd Interview, was done by the manager. Asked me mostly about CV, the projects I have done and what experience do I have with working in group projects. Asked to explain a situation where I was put in a difficult position. Asked about OOP, what is encapsulation, polymorphism and inheritance.
      Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by the EMEA recruitment co-ordinator for a telephonic interview, which revealed to be just a mocking call and a waste of time. During 15 minutes telephonic my counterpart has been repeatedly yawning (6 times at least) on the phone while I was speaking, showing a total lack of education. I still waiting for the feedback.

Interview Questions

• The questions were focused on my previous job, why I left and how much I was earning, asking me to provide payslips.   Answer Question

Sale Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took about 3 month. I applied through the website in January, in February I had the first phone interview followed by a video interview and in March I was called for the assessment day. They usually gives you between 2 and 3 day to prepare for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Described a time when you had to work in a team.
      What should be the qualities of a Sales person?
      Why did you apply to this role?
      What is the next generation of Sales?
      Answer Question

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy, interviewer very friendly, no hard questions. They told me I was successful and they will get in touch to arrange a formal face-to-face interview, after a month they emailed me saying I was unsuccessful... ridiculous

Interview Questions

• What tech related interests do I have outside of work   1 Answer