Cisco Systems Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Lots of hoops to get through. You need to display passion for technology and customers. Wider industry awareness helps. Be prepared for a technical interview. You’ll be interviewed by AM or RSM, SE, SE Manager, PSS and Client director. Some of the interviews maybe a panel interview with some of the personals mentioned above. Be prepared for role plays and questioning of your understanding of key Cisco solution cross different architectures (EN, DC, Security, IOT, etc).

Interview Questions

• Who do Cisco compete with in the DC compuete space and what makes Cisco unique?   1 Answer

Cisco Sales Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for the CSAP back in April and roughly a month later i got a phone call from the offices saying i was accepted into the recruitment process. They gave me a rough briefing of what it was going to be like and what i would have to do. The process involved three stages

Stage 1 - This is one of your basic phone interviews, not much to say here
    Stage 2 - stage 2 is where you have to submit a video of yourself talking about a certain topic (think it was 2 minutes long, time will probably differ). For my video, i was given the topic of smart cities. Depending on each candidate, they will give you roughly round about a week to prepare for this video. You don't have to stream the video or do it one take, so this stage isn't too hard either. You can also submit the video anytime you want before the deadline so it gives people a bit more freedom. Make sure you make your video interesting, try and stand out from the rest of the people, give your own opinion on the topic at hand and such. You get multiple takes so use it( I did about 10 retries before i was happy with the video), even show your video to a friend before submission to see what they can notice. Last but not least, make sure you look at the camera, wear something nice (Don't have to go all out with the suit and everything but don't wear your PJ's, just your nicest t-shirt will suffice) and speak clearly and slowly especially if you have accent.
    Stage 3 - Now this is the last stage and where it gets really tricky so you will have to get stuck in. Stage 3 is the assessment day and again like before they will send you a couple of files and documents on what is happening on the day so prepare before hand. From my own experience the assessment day will include
    - a basic numerical test
    - interviews ( can be with 1 - 2 people )
    - Presentation
    - Lunch
    - Role Playing
    For the numerical test (questions include sequences, problem solving and etc), you can't really study for this as its mostly just testing your common knowledge, I mean you could always dig up your old GCSE maths papers and go through them but you should be focusing on the other aspects of the assessment day for now. Interviews will again be similar to the phone interviews where they want to get to know you better but they will ask you some technical questions, so learn some networking to impress them. Okay so for the presentation, they will have given you information before hand on what they want you to present so you will have sufficient time to prepare, they will not allow you to bring in a computer or a usb to do the thing on powerpoint so you will have to present your topic on a whiteboard. They will allow you to make handouts and stuff beforehand and you should make handouts. This way they know you are determined and are sufficiently prepared beforehand but make sure your handouts actually do something is well, don't just hand out bit of paper with useless information. The presentation itself is roughly 10 - 15 mins long, so keep that in mind, as long as you prepare for this part then you will be absolutely fine. After they do some of the tasks at hand in the assessment day, they will take you to lunch in the company's cafeteria ( yay free food ). They will tell you that you can relax and stuff but DONT!!! Keep your gameface on, and act in a professional manner, do not talk to them like you would talk to your friends and stuff cause they will be looking at how you communicate with your peers and socialise so i repeat do not relax. Now for the role playing. Again they will give you information beforehand about the role playing task and the basic idea is that you are meeting with a client and you have to sell them one of the company's products (the company itself is fictitious). For me, I was meeting with the CEO of a super car company (something like Lamborghini) and I had to introduce him to two of Cisco's products. Now for this part I would first of all recommend you to study the products that you are going to sell to the client (they tell you before hand and give you links to it, so this isn't hard) and to also study up on the bio that they gave you for the company. The guy pretending to be the client will actually act like a client and what i mean by this is, during the meeting he might just whip out his phone and start texting if what you are saying is boring him. Another thing is try to be cool with the client like don't just talk to him about all the technical things (he will get bored and start ignoring you and texting, yeah hes like that), try to talk to him about other things is well to keep him interested. Also use the whiteboard again, Cisco seems to love watch people drawing on that damn thing or doing something on it. They don't tell you this until after but during the role playing session, you should definitely ask the client about their budget and timescale, apparently the developers will kill to have that information.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you learned something   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I had interview over the phone, and the requriter ask me many question, however he was very slow and asked me answer slowly that is why I cause reduces my performances.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Long with different stages. Do not expect to get a quick answer as the internal process is slow and involved HR, hiring manager and few other related functions (usually the corresponding account manager is a must). Look for the STAR technique when you answer the questions and you are on the tight way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like to be an engineer?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

Multiple interviews (7) in total with various people within the company who would be engaging with me on a day to day basis both from the group I would be reporting to and the clients I would be supporting.

1st interview was a telephone screening, followed by several 1:1 interviews or varying degrees of complexity. Some were easy, more a get to know you interview others were more focused and relevant to the role that was being hired for. I had 7 interviews that apparently I am told is a small number for Cisco, this is not only to ensure they get the right fit from a culture perspective and Role but to help create your network on joining the company if you are successful in being offered the role.

Interview Questions

• - How will you fit into the culture of the company, everyone is focused on Cisco as a family culture
      - Questions on relevant skills relating to the role
      - Previous experience
      - Previous success relevant to the role
      Answer Question

CSAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

First stage was CV application.

If successful next stage is a phone interview. Standard questions really, why would you like to work for Cisco? What interests you about the CSAP program? A few competency based questions. If you answer well the next stage is a video response to a question.

The question to respond to was "Why do you want to work in sales at Cisco?"
    Try to make your response as creative as possible.

If you pass that stage, the final stage is an assessment centre. Around 25 people attended and 7/8 were offered jobs. When I attended at least half the people in the room, if not more, had connections within the company.
    Tasks on the day was a technical test (easy), 30 minute interview, 10 minute presentation and 20 minute sales role play. The role play is the most difficult task so make sure you prepare for that one.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Cisco over Microsoft, Google, Apple, etc...?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)).

Interview

onsite interview with 6 senior engineers, 2 at a time. Onsite for upto 6 hours. Questions ranged from networking technology to problem solving with algorithms.
    interviewers were very pleasant experienced bunch, asked difficult questions but not aggressive.

Negotiation

need to negotiate agressively.

CSAP Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Fantastic process to really find if you will fit into the company culture!

Interview Questions

• What's your view on today's Internet and if you could change it what would you change   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Met Cisco recruiters at a Careers Fair at my university. Got a call for a phone interview.
    Passed the first interview, which was mostly about my CV, myself, and my skills, there is a face to face interview to get through and get the actual internship. More technical questions are asked here, in addition to information on your CV (again); get informed about their latest technologies and general basic information. People at Cisco are very professional and nice, so make sure to be up to their standards.

Interview Questions

• Difference between a router and a modem, what does a router do and how it works, iCloud questions, TelePresence...latest technologies basically. My interview was held in June 2012
      Most difficult Question: Have you ever thought about a new technology to develop?
      Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

interview with HR, line manager team members, met over 7 people over 7 interviews, no real consistency in technique or structure.. lack of process, bad communication of feedback, no consistency of feedback style or content, lack of clarity regarding success factors, goals etc. no tech support for process, bad hr systems support,

Interview Questions

• who would you identify as ideal acquisition targets and why   Answer Question

Negotiation

very painful, took along time, poor comms, rigid HR policy