Cisco Systems Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

2.8

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial phone screening with a HR agent that felt extremely corporate. You are asked to answer some behavioural questions, and then have to wait while you are "graded". Probably the worst phone screening I have ever experienced, really discouraging and makes you f eel like you are joining a giant corporate machine.

Next step was spending half a day at the London's Cisco site. Couple presentations by current employees and managers, a tour of the site, and a single in-person interview. Interview consisted of behavioural and sales questions, and a few technical questions about things listed on your CV (nothing too in-depth though).

Interview Questions

• How do you convince someone who insists your product is bad of the opposite?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was a fairly easy process. Initial phone screening, LM interview and then group panel discussion. 30 minutes to one hour in duration . The process was straight forward lasted for 3 weeks max and was offered the same day of last interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself?   1 Answer

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

After submitting the application process in November, was invited to a tele interview soon after. I was told I passed this competency interview "with flying colours", but it's been radio silence from their recruiters ever since. This is even after I emailed them asking about my application status. Now I'm accepting another job interview without even being able to give cisco a crack. Very disappointing experience.

Also their application page is antiquated and very annoying - you have to give a compulsory response about "how you heard about cisco" every time you log in. They must do something about that.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Good interview process; had a telephone interview first, followed by a short video assessment.

Assessment centre was intense, but fair - comprised of a test, a chat about your CV and experiences, and a chance to ask about the company. Since it's Cisco, they're unashamedly geeky. Had a role play and a presentation to prep for on the day.

Overall, good experience, and would recommend anyone give this a try - it's a tough process, but it's worth it. Got the news the day after the assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Know your CV inside and out - anticipate questions relating to it, especially if you've had technical roles, swot up on them and be ready to speak about them if asked.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a good phone interview then Webex interview, after being referred by a friend.
    I had a successful phone interview which was based on behavioural questions and still need to go to the technical interview in few days. This will include questions to do with my technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at cisco, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What hobbies or interests do you have that relate to computer science?   Answer Question

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Approached on LinkedIN and invited to apply. First step was a very basic screening phone interview asking such questions as 'What is the difference between an IPS and IDS?'

Second step was invited to Green Park in Cisco and had two separate interviews; the first focused on me as a person and asked me about challenges I'd faced in the past and the second was a technical interview but was along a more conversational style rather than being asked lot's of questions. I also had to give a 2 minute presentation on a subject of my choice.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been undermined at work before and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Desktop EngineerPhone Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st Stage - WebEx Telephone Interview -
    Consisted of 3 Questions.
    I then waited for feedback and was told i was through to a second telephone interview with the Hiring Manager and that there will be an assessment centre invitation soon.

Interviewer was slightly unorganised and didn't know when my next interview will be. But was very kind and helpful.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

i had a online webex interview.
    it waas a phone interview, very short, about 20 mins.
    very basic questions. what do u think about the company. what could u contribute to the company.

Training Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

About 5 or 6 phone interviews, but very informal chats, mostly checking attitude and personality to assess the fit with the team, one face to face interview with 3 team members similar style to the phone interviews. Long but pleasant process.

Interview Questions

• experiences, values, working style etc.   2 Answers

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, one phone interview and one assessment centre. The two interviews had a big spread between them, about 2 months. The first interview was sometime in November and the second sometime around January. They called me up the next day after my assessment center.

Interview Questions

• General knowledge of Cisco, why did I choose Cisco, and where did I see myself in 5 years time.
      Assessment centre consisted mostly on going over my resume and asking questions on group work. Nothing very technical since the internship itself isn't that technically demanding.   Answer Question