Cisco Systems Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Fast, which for Cisco standards was really good, but sometimes I was not aware of what was going on in the process. I sent a couple of emails and did not get a response

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Five interviews in total, all via phone or video/phone.
    First with the hiring manager.
    Then with 4 people that either report to the hiring manager or would be an influential stakeholder for the person ultimately hire.

Interview Questions

• - Describe some of your best content marketing experiences.
      - What was your most successful content marketing project? Why?
      - Describe a marketing challenge you faced and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2015.

Interview

I have a friend who works at Cisco and they recommended me for a position. I've heard such great things about working for the company so I was excited about the opportunity. I had two phone interviews for this remote position - one with the manager of the marketing team and another with a member of the team. Both went well but I never heard back from either. I followed up appropriately and professionally and was told by the manager that the position hadn't actually been approved yet. I wondered why they would bother putting me through two interviews for only a potential position? I found out months later that the manager had been let go and things fell through the cracks. A huge bummer for me as I had hoped that such a successful company and things more structured and put together before taking up so much of someone's time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cisco?

What makes you qualified for this position?

What are your strengths? Weaknesses?

What do you see as the biggest learning curve for you in regards to this position?

How do you feel about working from home? What types of qualities do you feel one should have in order to work from home?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Multi-tiered interview process. No surprises.

Negotiation

The offer was fair at the time, so no negotiation was required. Never come into Cisco as a contractor, team lead, or non-people managing position (if you are not IT or Engineering), as promotions may never happen.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Interviewed about 14 people. Most were friendly some were interrogations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Initial offer was acceptable

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Introduced to recruiter
    Emailed information
    Contacted by HR
    Calendared meeting with hiring manager
    Follow-up communication
    No offer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

It was very long. Met many people in person and had many people over the telephone. They found me via Linked In.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very much in favor of the employer.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

One-on-one in person interview on campus, then multiple interviews on campus. Nice people, stressfree interview, great discussions

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in July 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for a Marketing position, focused on specific industry areas. Applied through LinkedIn and they contacted me via email.

First interview with Director
    Interview with HR
    2 Interviews with global team via Webex.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about my resume. I had to write an essay during the interview.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Mexico City (Mexico)) in July 2016.

Interview

It is comprised of a series of interviews, the first done by phone, then some will be done face-to-face at Cisco offices and others will be done through Webex. Most of the teams you'll work with are distributed across different cities/countries so be prepared for that. Speaking English is a must.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your current professional experience, what will you bring to the table, provide examples of the results you've brought to your current employer. Why do you want to join Cisco? Why should Cisco hire you?   Answer Question