Cisco Systems Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.9

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Introduced to recruiter
Emailed information
Contacted by HR
Calendared meeting with hiring manager
Follow-up communication
No offer

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

This process was disjointed and dragged out over months, including contractors (randstad), coordinators, and Cisco employees. They were slow and unresponsive, and had the balls to let me speak to a VP for no reason. It required TREMENDOUS effort on my part - too much - to even get a response. Cisco employees were arrogant, aloof, and quite frankly, stupid. “We’ll get to $500m in (specific) security revenue is a pipe dream. Their folks cannot compete with Palo, Fortinet, Fireeye, and startups with the cheap salaries and inferior team.

Interview Questions

• How would you run a product launch campaign?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Easy interview process with two interviewers. One 30 minute interview, one case question about favorite Cisco product. Took a few weeks to receive offer. The rest of the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Cisco product and how would you market it?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I responded to an online posting for a field marketing manager role. After about a month, I was contacted by an internal recruiter. The call went well and she suggested we schedule more interviews with the hiring manager and staff. The hiring manager was quite rude. It seemed that she had already made up her mind that I wasn’t a good fit for the role before we even got on the phone. I never heard back from them.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2019.

Interview

Application online, then recruiter screening, then two rounds of interviews with hiring manager, director, and two peers. It was pretty fast, and the recruiter kept me apprised every step of the way.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

One-on-one in person interview on campus, then multiple interviews on campus. Nice people, stressfree interview, great discussions

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

It was very long. Met many people in person and had many people over the telephone. They found me via Linked In.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very much in favor of the employer.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2015.

Interview

I have a friend who works at Cisco and they recommended me for a position. I've heard such great things about working for the company so I was excited about the opportunity. I had two phone interviews for this remote position - one with the manager of the marketing team and another with a member of the team. Both went well but I never heard back from either. I followed up appropriately and professionally and was told by the manager that the position hadn't actually been approved yet. I wondered why they would bother putting me through two interviews for only a potential position? I found out months later that the manager had been let go and things fell through the cracks. A huge bummer for me as I had hoped that such a successful company and things more structured and put together before taking up so much of someone's time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cisco?

What makes you qualified for this position?

What are your strengths? Weaknesses?

What do you see as the biggest learning curve for you in regards to this position?

How do you feel about working from home? What types of qualities do you feel one should have in order to work from home?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Interviewed about 14 people. Most were friendly some were interrogations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Initial offer was acceptable

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Multi-tiered interview process. No surprises.

Negotiation

The offer was fair at the time, so no negotiation was required. Never come into Cisco as a contractor, team lead, or non-people managing position (if you are not IT or Engineering), as promotions may never happen.