Cisco Systems Interview Questions in Milpitas, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Very painful and draining. Team dont know what they want to ask. They were using a print out paper, I am sure they were using Q&A downloaded from google.
    Interviewer was willing to hire me on contract and not on full time payroll and was hinting to use their vendor to join a team,

Interview Questions

• Explain OOPS in few words
      Explain difference between RDBMS and non-RDBMS   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very fast. The hiring manager called me on Monday. I had phone screening on Tuesday and On site interview on Friday. It was a good experience.There were around five rounds of in person interview. The team members were very friendly. The hiring manager detailed me about the requirement. Questions were mostly on C and data structures algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Find the Max of two numbers without using if-else or ternary operators.   3 Answers

Accounting IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Too long to wait for a onsite interview. I have to wait about two weeks for onsite after phone interview. And I waited another two or three weeks to meet the hiring manager and hr again. The process is too long to wait for an results

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with an online coding test. Interviewed by phone with technical questions. Then interviewed onsite by 3 developers.

It took a long time to hear back about the offer. Over a month in fact. This was out of the control of the recruiter and the company so I can't complain but it certainly wasn't a good experience waiting that long. The actual interview experience was great. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. No arrogance at all compared to other companies / interviews.

Interview Questions

• Write a singleton class in Java.   1 Answer

Technical Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called first, then I made an office visit next. Met three executives doing the interviews and hiring. It was evident that either the recruiter didn't interpret the hiring Director's requests and priorities OR that the hiring person didn't give the recruiter a clearer picture of their ideal candidate. When I offered to refer two candidates that better fit the hiring manager's needs, the recruiter gave me no interest to accept the referrals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me why you are the most qualified.
      What is your greatest strength and weakness?
      Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Refer by friends, took 1 month start phone interview about basic programming question and GBD, then onsite interview with 5 people at following Monday, lots of question about link list and OS.

Interview Questions

• Write code to reverse a link list.
      Tell the different between malloc and calloc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Terrible experience!!!! After the interview, the hiring manger calls and extends an offer verbally, and then for a week no response from them at all. Tried reaching them via email, phone, absolutely no response. Finally the recruiter is available on his mobile and he says they cannot give a certain Grade , and a certain salary, I still say its ok please give me an offer letter. He says he will get back to me by the EOD and no response. Next week I call the recruiter again and now he says the req is closed and in turn blames me for not responding on time.
    Clearly, looks like the hiring manger extended an offer but later they changed their mind and they have no idea how to communicate this to me, so did all sorts of things to make me drop the ball and when I did not they say the req is closed.

Did not expect this from a reputable organization like Cisco. Terrible , terrible hiring process!! I feel interviewees should be give some respect when they take time to come onsite and spend a day.

No point taking names, but I just wish this would be addressable and not be repeated for future candidates.

Interview Questions

• Data structure/algo questions and some low level questions   Answer Question

Data Center Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Great experience. Spoke to the team lead. Very laid back guy. Asked about my experiences, how I can help the team, where I see myself in a few years. Very friendly and welcoming personality. This is how most of the people I met and work with come off. Few are standoffish or awkward as some people expect.

Interview Questions

• How do your experiences help you in this role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

It is contract position, there were 2 rounds, one with the Lead and the other with Architect. It was technical. In the recent days they are asking coding questions.

Inventory Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

for the hiring process i got a call from a recruiter with a inventory job opening. Once i submitted my updated resume i was booked for an interview with the logistics manager that same week. after only one brief interview i was offered the job the next day. I began working the following week.