Cisco Systems Network Consulting Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 93 of over 4.5K interviews

Employee Referral13%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Cisco Systems

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems

Interview

The interview was conducted in 2 rounds. Round1: general aptitude test. Round2: The questions were predominantly from general network topics starting TCP/ip protocols and normal problem ssolving They tend to set bar of the interview based on your knowledge. After getting selected in round 2, you might get into managerial round or HR interview.

Interview Questions
  • Explain in general about standard network topology and their use cases
    Answer Question

Cisco Systems

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in Apr 2021

Interview

Hiring manager contacted in a polite way and we made an appointment. I`m waiting for technical interview. The HR interview was pretty straightforward. Information about the role, several typical HR questions etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila, Manila

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Manila, Manila, Manila) in Mar 2021

Interview

Smooth and fun. There was a guide on how the interview process will occur. It was welcoming, open and overall enjoyable. The interview was on video demand and we had 10 questions to answer. We must answer the questions in 3-6 minutes each.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Lisbon) in Feb 2021

Interview

1 - Candidatar no site 2 - Ligação RH em ingles - Pergunta coisas do seu dia a dia, 3 - Entrevista tecnica com 2 pessoas certificadas CCIE - Fazem varias perguntas do que está no seu curriculum 4 - Entrevista com Gestor - não cheguei nesta etapa

Interview Questions
  • De roteamento basico até avançado. Pressionam com situações do dia a dia, te mostram um diagrama e vão simulando e fazendo perguntas do tipo. "Esses equipamentos conversariam na mesma vlan? e em vlans diferentes? "Esses equipamentos usam quantos labels em uma VPN L3?" e assim por diante

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bangalore) in Nov 2020

Interview

Overall it's a great experience initially they have asked lots of networking questions. one should be thorough with computer networks later part of the interview was based on the resume and some general questions. After the technical round, a managerial round is followed where a manager directly interviews the candidate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

Interview

Be good with computer networks for the technical round and also be good with resume it is beneficial if you have any cisco certifications but it's perfectly ok if you don't have them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New Delhi) in Sep 2020

Interview

Great overall, mostly questions were on OS . A very lengthy program (handling all boundary cases) was given which required a very in-depth understanding of 2-D matrices. A lot more questions were asked that covered OS, Networking, Data Structures, C, and C++.

Interview Questions
  • What is a gateway in networking?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New Delhi) in Aug 2020

Interview

I have applied through campus recruitment. It took 45 mins for the interview process. Mostly questions was related to networking, c programming language and based on python. As I am M.tech CSE (AI) so they have asked some questions on supervised and unsupervised learning, K-means clustring etc.

Interview Questions
  • What is difference between hub, switches and router? What is difference between TCP and UDP? What is supervised and unsupervised learning? Some questions based on python?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rānchī

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Rānchī) in Jul 2020

Interview

They just look at your communication skills. Communication skill is their first priority .They care very less about your knowledge. They just need a very very high class English and communication skills. Even if you answer all the questions in interview then also there is high chance of you getting not selected .

Interview Questions
  • networking ,operating systems , projects and workshop in resume.