Cisco Systems Network Consulting Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

3.4

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2017.

Interview

I got an email from the recruiter (within a week or two from me applying online) to schedule 4 interviews with current Cisco Senior Network Consulting Engineers and each is one hour long. after the 4 interviews I did not get any updates for over one month and half where i saw my application status changed to "not Considered for this position" which means I did not pass to the second round (if there is one). There was one person who at the beginning of the interview immediately told me that he does not have more than 30 minutes for the interview even though it suppose to be an hour long!. And one interviewer told me that I could join another company and get more cert then apply to Cisco again!. All interviews were fine and has mix of technical (some were deep technical ) and non technical questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed with a panel of three interviewers who themselves are Network Cosnsulting Engineers and their approach was actually to interview me based on my resume. I was later interviewed by one more Engineer who had missed the earlier conference and he focused more on my problem solving skills. My resume is a little longer than average so there was no shortage of material but they were methodical and fair in their approach and they gave me a chance to express my technical understanding of the various technologies I worked with and which are relevant to my projected position. My philosophy is if you start asking rote memorization questions that one can easily google at work other than conceptual questions that demonstrate understanding, you defeat the point of the interview. The Cisco Systems Interviewers were on point!

Interview Questions

• What are some of the problems that you have solved in your career.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egypt, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Egypt, AR) in November 2016.

Interview

They e-mailed me after applying online, then we scheduled a call interview. The first IV was a call on Webex..
    It was divided into two parts, technical 4 questions at the beginning if u passed you continue to the second part, some personal questions... I passed this interview and they gave me a very valuable feedback then i received an e-mail with more details about the next stage.
    It was a full day with 4 activities and interviews at city stars, Nasr City in Egypt.
    there was a manger interview, group activity, technical and presentation interview and role play.

The day was organized perfectly on schedule, very friendly place and people with feedback after each iv or activity.
    I can honestly say it was an amazing experience with amazing company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about cisco?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

3 part interview, in-person, phone, and video chat formats. Interviews consisted of Cisco Fit/personality, technical aptitude, and ability to demonstrate understanding of a Cisco technology in a presentation format.

Interview Questions

• To walk through a particular technical aspect on my resume. What was the environment of the network, problem, solution, process from problem to resolution.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations for this position.

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Interview

Recruiter contacted me.recruiter was asking me to not to demand more than so and so pay and the interviewer set up lady , messed up my interview and called me to get ready for interview next day, she kept calling me till late in night for interview next day , I told her to give me few days to prepare ...but she said no we have to decide by Wednesday , your interview must happen tomorrow (tuesday)... so it happened

Interview Questions

• They asked some memory related questions   Answer Question
    • 3 interviewers interviewing you at one time on webex ...not good experience ...interviewers did not pay attention to the prior experience, my previous cisco tac experience ...i thought they did not do justice with me ..   Answer Question

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in January 2015.

Interview

The first interview was based off from the information provided in my resume. I was. Asked specifics based on interview position. The final interview consisted of a technical and simple view interview. My interviewers were changed and seemed unprepared outside of typical interview. I was told the interviews were geared to see how I could explain a solution to a problem, but this was only a very small part of the interview.

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2014.

Interview

It's a very slow process. First you apply then wait a month for someone to get back despite your contact attempts every other day.

In my case I was interviewed and told I did exceptionally well and that I would be meeting with a manager shortly. The next communication I received was the "we regret to inform you" letter. I called the hiring manager to inquire why and that's when I found out that I was lied to. I was interviewed for a position that wasn't available even though I was informed several times during the interview process that it was.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked. Know basic networking knowledge   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

i went to the career fair and got contact by the hire manager and schedule for a face to face interview the next day. and two on screen interview with two managers after that. it was not that bad.

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chapel Hill, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Had 2 WebEx interviews, one with a technical employee and another with a senior manager. Both were relatively easy. Afterwards, it took around 5 months to hear back with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through how to upgrade the software on this Cisco firewall   Answer Question

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I went off campus for this interview. I scored higher on the aptitude side, so was sent to interview for the NCE position. My technical interview was largely based on my resume. And my managerial interview was just the manager explaining concepts to me. My HR was just chatting with the HR. Everything was pretty smooth.

I decided to pursue my higher studies.