Cisco Systems Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Newark, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

3 rounds:
    1st: This was a campus interivew, hardest since I was asked how to handle situations, tech questions and stuff.
    2nd: Hiring manager simple and easy
    3rd: IT Director, more of a conversation and to see if you can handle yourself in an intimidating situation.

Interview Questions

• How would u handle a application remediation of 2k+ servers and application ?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Newark, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Got the interview opportunity through campus fair which was organized in my college. I was called the very next day for one on one interview. Questions were both behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions

• 1. Talk about yourself
      2. How you can handle work in a team
      3. Went through the resume and asked questions about the projects that I have done
      4. Why Cisco?
      5. Why BA?
      1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

it was 2 interviews. One with team leader and second with PM. The during if the first interview was ~2 hours. The second is one hour. The interview were very easy. The all process was took 1 month.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Webex interview with different members of the team. Traditional technical interview asking for algorithms of sorting arrays in the preferred programming language. Then behavioural questions of leadership, teamwork and previous experiences in similar projects. Finally open questions to get to know more the team and culture of company.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted application in late September with just a resume. Heard back around late October to set up a video/phone interview with a recruiter who I had spoken to previously in an informational interview. Had to wait about two weeks to hear back about next steps even though the recruiter said it would only take a few days. Didn't get an offer and when I emailed the recruiter to ask what I was lacking, she vaguely said it came down to how prepared applicants were. Thought I did enough research and preparation but I guess not.

Interview Questions

• Why Cisco? Why HR? What are current HR trends that you think are fascinating?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

Lengthy, tons of people to meet with. Sometimes with multiple rounds to go through. Not very technical in nature. Typically with the hiring manager, technical support team, peers and possibly one manager up.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website to the Dubai office. The interview was through WebEx and it was around an hour long. The questions asked included brief information about myself, my knowledge on on their products and how they work, some technical questions and then general personality questions.
    The interviewer was not based in the Dubai office but from the office in Amsterdam. I did pass that interview and am still in process although I did not receive and email confirmation of the next step in the application process.

Interview Questions

• What is the key to a successful collaboration?
      Name a time you and a colleague faced a disagreement and how did you put it aside to continue a project.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 6 rounds continuous interview. No topic specified for each round. Mixed q&a and coding tests. pretty exhausting. tested c programming, L2 and L3 routing, and questions about my research

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

For the internship, I had two behavioral interviews. One was from a new hire and the other from my (potential) manager. The interview was conducted through WebEx and was very laid back. No hard questions, really trying to gauge cultural fit and interest in the field

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Project Management?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Cisco?   Answer Question
    • What is your level of interest in our current projects? What do you think you could bring to the table with our current projects?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

A woman on the recruiting team reached out to me after finding my resume in a database for a conference I was attending. She then set me up to do a WebEx interview with a manager in San Jose, CA. After that interview, they set up an in person interview at the conference. A few days later, I received an email saying they were extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Cisco? Talk about a time a project did not go well. The interview questions were farily behavioral, as well as talking about prior projects and what skills you gained from those projects.   Answer Question