Cisco Systems Interview Questions in North Carolina | Glassdoor

3.1

179 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

The process took a month from the day of the career fair to the offer being given. The first round was one on one and the second round was a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked with a customer.
      What do you know about Cisco?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with Program Manager who conducts work associated with the position advertised. Follow-on interview (if chosen) will be face-to-face with hiring manager. Took one week to set the phone interview, should be another week or two for the FTF, then one to two more for decision.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation where you needed to be agile in your prioritizing and workload management?   Answer Question

NCE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

3 part interview - tech, presentation, and core. Very smooth and professional. Asked general questions about me during core and the tech panel was basic troubleshooting scenario. Know TCP/IP and have a troubleshooting method ready to go.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews. Both were with program coordinators for the Leaders in Finance and Technology (LIFT) program which is what you would do after graduation. The internship feeds into that program so you meet with the same people. First interview was very much focused on learning about whether or not you did your company research with a few behavioral questions as well. Second interview had some technical accounting questions but was primarily focused on trying to determine whether or not the company was a good fit for the long-term.

Security Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied via the Cisco Jobs website, as well as via a university posting. I was contacted about two weeks later for an interview via Cisco's WebEx service. It was an interview with a technical lead at Cisco via video, and there was significant digital whiteboard usage to elaborate on certain concepts that a security solutions engineer would deal with.

Interview Questions

• What are the seven layers of the OSI model?   1 Answer
    • Are you aware of the Equifax security breach? What caused it?   1 Answer
    • Can two different IP addresses connect to the same port on a given web server?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

At first, i had a phone screening and then I had an interview on webex and then there an on-site interview which is called CISCO day. This process really took only 3 weeks of a span. Had to do a presentation in the choosen project.

Product/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with agency, then told there'd be an interview with hiring manager, then final interview with potential stakeholders/coworkers.
    First interview with agency went great. Told I was perfect for the role. Booked next interview with hiring manager on Friday for following Tuesday. Manager accepted/confirmed.
    Manager re-confirmed with agency on Tuesday morning. 20 minutes after the confirmation I get another note from the agency stating that the interview was cancelled because the hiring manager hired someone else thru another agency. Nothing more.
    This sounded odd because I'd been told by multiple sources that the manager was loyal to this agency. Also, why would one confirm only to cancel 20 minutes later? Did he really hire someone without doing all the interviews he'd already confirmed or was the agency less than truthful? Either way, this screams of unprofessionalism either by the Cisco hiring manager or the Cisco preferred agency.

Interview Questions

• Will I take some things off my functional resume because I had more than just what the contract asked for?   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was for a contract position. 2 rounds: phone technical screen and WebEx (as I was in different country)
    Phone screen was with really ease questions for basic understanding about java programming.
    WebEx was a lit bit harder and without any crappy algorithm questions, mostly questions about my resume and technologies mentioned in the vacancy.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Cary, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and after short screening was invited for a formal phone interview with potential manager and a colleague a few days later. Called in at specified time and had a pleasant conversation with future teammates for about 30 minutes. Mostly discussed the product and specifics of the position I was considered for. Was invited for an onsite interview a day later. Was greeted by recruiter and teammates and escorted to conference room for discussion. Questions mostly touched my software background, interest in ML and relevant academic work. Had a very good impression about the team and Cisco campus. Received offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• How regularization is used and what are types of regularization you are familiar with
      How RNN works
      In a few sentences describe back propagation   Answer Question

JIRA Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Webex with manager and 2 staff members, it was a very streamlined and get to the point process allowing both sides to get a good idea of what things would be like.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on linux and jira. It was refreshing to have tech questions on the first go instead of the normal HR generic questions that are generally outdated and irrelevant.   1 Answer