Cisco Systems Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

3.2

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, one on one in person, interview with team members. Lot's of focus on my personal development of process, of functions within my current role, my approach to the job in my current position, questions about my goals for the opportunity and what I seek to achieve in my next role.

Interview Questions

• Explain a process within my role I learned or developed at my previous job which I feel is valuable enough to take with me to my future position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Overview of the infrastructure market and product management questions. A lot of questions about how to get things done, execution focus. Interview with the CTO was great. Discussion about the market, opportunity and areas to focus. A lot of A/B scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the market transitions and technology transitions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone and a Webex Interview with HR (screening) and Hiring manager before being called for the onsite interviews.
    Onsite back to back interviews with 4 people lasting 30 minutes each. People were from different functions that Product manager would interact with.
    Experience was good and done very professionally. The HR however can be tricky because it is outsourced. So had to do multiple follow ups.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very straight forward. Applied through their website. After couple of days, I was contacted by a recruiter, followed by couple of rounds of interviews at their campus in San Jose, CA.

Interview Questions

• First round was very technical and was relevant to the product I applied for. Second round was mostly to get to know other key stakeholders, like the TME manager, engineering manager, etc., that one would be working with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was impossible to schedule, the role is in the US, but for some reason it had to be scheduled through a 3rd party accenture contractor in India. It was a nightmare, took over 2.5 weeks to eventually get the first round technical interview scheduled. Actually cancelled it because I had already received other offers by the time they finally got the time figured out.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this role is good?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Three rounds, presentation, pricing, market research, finance, etc were covered as a part of the interview process. The time it took was fast, everything was closed within 3 weeks from the beginning till the end.

Interview Questions

• Present a market research project, talk about your experience, resume based question   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

There are at least 5 rounds with several peer reviews and 2 interviews with reporting managers. There are a couple of role playing where they assess you working in the role you applied for.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Fantastic but very intense and challenging. They first have a product manager interview: why PM, why Cisco, why you, design x,y,z and why. Second round they fly you to San Jose and you have 3 interviews with PMs, tell me about your product management experience. Tech mini- cases at least 3 per interview + market sizing

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2014.

Interview

Campus Recruiting- Very amazing HR people. Only one round of interviews which left some to be desired. Given more time, I will have more round of interviews to make it more challenging. The overall tone of the meeting was conversational.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

It was a very simple process. I met and talked with 7 people in 2 divisions and covered everything from previous experience to university studies, etc. The interviewer called me back within 2 hours of leaving the building and let me know I had an offer. That was several years ago, though, and the company was behaving more like a startup than a big company. Nowadays, the interview process is much slower and it takes much longer to extend offers, etc.