Cisco Systems Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.9

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Three rounds, presentation, pricing, market research, finance, etc were covered as a part of the interview process. The time it took was fast, everything was closed within 3 weeks from the beginning till the end.

Interview Questions

• Present a market research project, talk about your experience, resume based question   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

There are at least 5 rounds with several peer reviews and 2 interviews with reporting managers. There are a couple of role playing where they assess you working in the role you applied for.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal for the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was impossible to schedule, the role is in the US, but for some reason it had to be scheduled through a 3rd party accenture contractor in India. It was a nightmare, took over 2.5 weeks to eventually get the first round technical interview scheduled. Actually cancelled it because I had already received other offers by the time they finally got the time figured out.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this role is good?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after an employee who is an acquaintance referred me for a position. I did an initial phone interview, followed by 3 in-person interviews with 3 different managers. I was offered the job about a week after the 3rd interview. I started about 2 weeks after we negotiated a mutually acceptable deal. It was a fairly straight-forward process.

Interview Questions

• Among many other things, they wanted to discuss in detail my previous experience in bringing new HW products to market.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Overview of the infrastructure market and product management questions. A lot of questions about how to get things done, execution focus. Interview with the CTO was great. Discussion about the market, opportunity and areas to focus. A lot of A/B scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the market transitions and technology transitions.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I did not have to interview for this position. It was given to me based on prior relationship with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Not applicable because I didn't have an interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

Internal transfers are not eligible for salary increases. However, my boss made me whole at the next opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Richardson, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Hiring was in the 2000 gogo days. Cisco's interview process is 360, where at least 5 individual staff, whom you partner or work with or for must approve of you. Once completed the hiring manager has veto power. For me I was hired and offered a hiring letter the same day.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions asked, as I'm an expert in my field in which Cisco had just started to build - optical. However there were tranport questions like: What's the bit tax for ATM? What's PMD?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward. Cisco salary are well within the top rankings.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager. Then an in-person interview with the team and the manager followed by an interview with the manager's manager. This is followed by the HR interview for salary and other such aspects such as relocation (if needed). This takes time.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

It was a very simple process. I met and talked with 7 people in 2 divisions and covered everything from previous experience to university studies, etc. The interviewer called me back within 2 hours of leaving the building and let me know I had an offer. That was several years ago, though, and the company was behaving more like a startup than a big company. Nowadays, the interview process is much slower and it takes much longer to extend offers, etc.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2014.

Interview

Campus Recruiting- Very amazing HR people. Only one round of interviews which left some to be desired. Given more time, I will have more round of interviews to make it more challenging. The overall tone of the meeting was conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenging situation you faced   1 Answer