Cisco Systems Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.9

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2014.

Interview

Campus Recruiting- Very amazing HR people. Only one round of interviews which left some to be desired. Given more time, I will have more round of interviews to make it more challenging. The overall tone of the meeting was conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenging situation you faced   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I did not have to interview for this position. It was given to me based on prior relationship with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Not applicable because I didn't have an interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

Internal transfers are not eligible for salary increases. However, my boss made me whole at the next opportunity.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

It was a very simple process. I met and talked with 7 people in 2 divisions and covered everything from previous experience to university studies, etc. The interviewer called me back within 2 hours of leaving the building and let me know I had an offer. That was several years ago, though, and the company was behaving more like a startup than a big company. Nowadays, the interview process is much slower and it takes much longer to extend offers, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Richardson, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Hiring was in the 2000 gogo days. Cisco's interview process is 360, where at least 5 individual staff, whom you partner or work with or for must approve of you. Once completed the hiring manager has veto power. For me I was hired and offered a hiring letter the same day.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions asked, as I'm an expert in my field in which Cisco had just started to build - optical. However there were tranport questions like: What's the bit tax for ATM? What's PMD?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward. Cisco salary are well within the top rankings.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview with the hiring manager. Then an in-person interview with the team and the manager followed by an interview with the manager's manager. This is followed by the HR interview for salary and other such aspects such as relocation (if needed). This takes time.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

There are at least 5 rounds with several peer reviews and 2 interviews with reporting managers. There are a couple of role playing where they assess you working in the role you applied for.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal for the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Three rounds, presentation, pricing, market research, finance, etc were covered as a part of the interview process. The time it took was fast, everything was closed within 3 weeks from the beginning till the end.

Interview Questions

• Present a market research project, talk about your experience, resume based question   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Had face-to-face interview with the hiring manager that consisted of an informational overview of the department and the position. The second half of the interview with the hiring manager consisted of classic behavioral questions. It took several weeks for the hiring manager to decide on the candidate to make the offer to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging situation where you had to convince people to do things that they weren't interested in contributing to   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize market requirements and so forth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Internal interview process. started with employee referral. several interviews with team-mates & hiring manager. Seemed that they had someone else in mind for the job & asked me to apply for a different position & then they came back a few weeks later & offered this job to me again. Appears to be a bit of a shell game played about where to put people, rather than a formal interviewing process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate telecommuting several days of the week

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Very friendly interviewers. Questions were easy. Mostly about pricing, product positioning, market fit, competition. Half of the questions were on technical aspects of the product area I was interviewing for. Interviewers were from engineering and marketing teams.