Cisco Systems Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.9

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone and a Webex Interview with HR (screening) and Hiring manager before being called for the onsite interviews.
Onsite back to back interviews with 4 people lasting 30 minutes each. People were from different functions that Product manager would interact with.
Experience was good and done very professionally. The HR however can be tricky because it is outsourced. So had to do multiple follow ups.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Very focused and straight forward. The hiring manager was warm humble and focused on skills needed to execute well. She prepared me by giving me background and personality of the interviewers on the list. Everyone was available and ready on time. After 1 day, she got back to me that the offer letter will be coming.

Interview Questions

• What are your top 3 personality traits that make you succeed? Why join this group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Fantastic but very intense and challenging. They first have a product manager interview: why PM, why Cisco, why you, design x,y,z and why. Second round they fly you to San Jose and you have 3 interviews with PMs, tell me about your product management experience. Tech mini- cases at least 3 per interview + market sizing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, one on one in person, interview with team members. Lot's of focus on my personal development of process, of functions within my current role, my approach to the job in my current position, questions about my goals for the opportunity and what I seek to achieve in my next role.

Interview Questions

• Explain a process within my role I learned or developed at my previous job which I feel is valuable enough to take with me to my future position.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Overview of the infrastructure market and product management questions. A lot of questions about how to get things done, execution focus. Interview with the CTO was great. Discussion about the market, opportunity and areas to focus. A lot of A/B scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the market transitions and technology transitions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen that was very much like a consulting interview (market sizing, etc). 30 days later I was contacted again to interview for a different position. Only one round with 5 interviews including sales, engineering, but mostly product managers. One group interview where I presented a business problem to the PM leadership. The interview questions consisted of grilling on the product domain I would be working in (even though I had little background in it -- good thing i did my research), brainteasers (what's the TAM for dryers in the US), and how to sell questions ("sell me something in the room").

Interview Questions

Negotiation

difficult. i had to refuse to get a modest pay increase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Had face-to-face interview with the hiring manager that consisted of an informational overview of the department and the position. The second half of the interview with the hiring manager consisted of classic behavioral questions. It took several weeks for the hiring manager to decide on the candidate to make the offer to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging situation where you had to convince people to do things that they weren't interested in contributing to   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize market requirements and so forth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Internal interview process. started with employee referral. several interviews with team-mates & hiring manager. Seemed that they had someone else in mind for the job & asked me to apply for a different position & then they came back a few weeks later & offered this job to me again. Appears to be a bit of a shell game played about where to put people, rather than a formal interviewing process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate telecommuting several days of the week

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Very friendly interviewers. Questions were easy. Mostly about pricing, product positioning, market fit, competition. Half of the questions were on technical aspects of the product area I was interviewing for. Interviewers were from engineering and marketing teams.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I was surprised at how fast the process went. I was first contacted by two recruiters who did the initial screening. After that the director of the team interviewed me over the phone. With the completion of the phone screen, I was invited on-site. The on-site interview was 6 hours

Interview Questions

• Describe how you did a business case   1 Answer