Cisco Systems Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.9

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The interview process is very smooth and well structured. The first round was on campus, with two interviews back to back, one focusing on PM core skillsets, and another centering on cultural fit. They fly candidates over to San Jose for the final round, with 3 back to back interviews, mostly with PMs.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite product, why and how you can improve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me as they were a building a product that was very similar to what I was doing. I had one video interview with the hiring manager and one onsite interview with few folks.

Product Manager Interview

Interview

not that hard, basic behavioral questions. mostly looking for a fit with the team. Interviewed with mutiple people that I never really interacted with again. Kind of a formality and not the best process

Interview Questions

• Overall technology understanding, product knowledge and sales process   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for a Strategy Manager role, I went through 4 interviews for a Strategy Manager role. On a Saturday morning I was verbally offered a Strategy Manager role, then on Monday morning I received a written offer for Product Manager. When I asked why the change, I was told there was a re-org. I asked if it took place after my verbal offer or if that was made in error. They apologized and said they should have told me sooner, but they assumed I needed a job (seriously! who says that?). Then before I informed them that was planning to reject the offer, they pulled the offer anyway! This was just a few days later despite the written offer deadline being for 3 weeks away.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Cisco ran me through over 10 interviews. After I was hired, I was told they had decided the first day to hire me, but still ran me through the gauntlet. Incredible waste of their time.

Interview Questions

• How could I make Cisco better.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was impossible to schedule, the role is in the US, but for some reason it had to be scheduled through a 3rd party accenture contractor in India. It was a nightmare, took over 2.5 weeks to eventually get the first round technical interview scheduled. Actually cancelled it because I had already received other offers by the time they finally got the time figured out.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this role is good?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after an employee who is an acquaintance referred me for a position. I did an initial phone interview, followed by 3 in-person interviews with 3 different managers. I was offered the job about a week after the 3rd interview. I started about 2 weeks after we negotiated a mutually acceptable deal. It was a fairly straight-forward process.

Interview Questions

• Among many other things, they wanted to discuss in detail my previous experience in bringing new HW products to market.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Overview of the infrastructure market and product management questions. A lot of questions about how to get things done, execution focus. Interview with the CTO was great. Discussion about the market, opportunity and areas to focus. A lot of A/B scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Questions about the market transitions and technology transitions.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

First there was a telephonic with basic question on Software Processes. Then there was 3 rounds of one to one technical in their office premises in Bangalore.

The first round was easy with basic technical questions
    Second round was more about project management and crisis handling.
    Third round was about problem solving.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Mumbai (India)) in April 2010.

Interview

Total of four interviews
    1. With my Hiring Manager (though this is not typical - but my resume was sent in by a friend) - key focus on suitability; I could ask some preliminary questions

2. With HR - simple questions relating to past experience, sounded more like a formality. I could ask questions related to career plan, growth opportunities and employee policies.

3. With Hiring Manager & peers - This was in person, questions mainly around past experience to validate my suitability for the role. I was encouraged to ask detailed questions as well

4. With Engineering Managers & Directors - Over video conference (telepresence), primarily on understanding & experience with technology