Cisco Systems Product Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Product Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

3.2

Product Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2014.

Interview

Informal open and honest approach by management. Peer interviews were harder as these are the people that are going to have you as their teammate. You are interviewing the company as much as they are interviewing you though and they appreciate that.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good cultural fit for the company.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Hoboken, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with HR and responded to some preliminary questions. I then met with the would-be sales manager and the regional sales manager. The meeting took place at a restaurant and was very conversational. We discussed my background and how it would align with their current needs. I was able to ask questions as well. I felt very comfortable with their approach and felt I would be a great fit. I also felt that they could be a company that would provide a great working environment that would enable a great work/life balance.

Interview Questions

As much as I liked the opportunity, I wasn't positive it would be superior to my current situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Cisco recruiter for the position through LinkedIn and I had a screening discussion with her. Initial interview with the remote hiring manager by phone, then several WebEx video interviews with potential Cisco peers and another manager. Final interview in person with the hiring manager who flew into town for other meetings.

Despite several attempts to reach the hiring manager to find out what the decision was he ignored both emails I sent and voice mails I left him. Obviously I did not get the job by his silence.

Not happy about being contacted by THEIR recruiter and wasting so much time on preparing for the interviews then being rudely ignored by the hiring manager. I will not consider Cisco in the future.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were to test for a basic knowledge of software defined networks and the underlying technologies associated with SDN.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

nice and straight forward, was quite open and honest. nice interviewer that didn't play hardball, was quite forthright. Initial phone interview as expected to quality followed by a face to face interview.

Product Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Met at career fair. Got an interview after telling them about my certification and the program I went through to get it. Interviewer was respectful and attentive. Mostly just asked behavioral questions.

Product Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Relentlessly pursued open positions and studied the product line in depth. I had seven rounds of interviews for my first position at Cisco.

Negotiation

I was offered a PSS II position, with a promise of a PSS III position in six months. I negotiated the PSS III position.