Cisco Systems Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager, she provided a clear understanding of the job objectives.
I later met with the PM who I'd be working with.

The process went very smoothly

Interview Questions

• How would you implement Change Mangement concepts in a agile environment   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, because of my extensive bacground and what they were looking for, I was able to ask for a little more.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

2 phone interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview process at cisco usually goes through interviewing with 3-4 members of the group that is hiring. Some one you would be working with directly, sometimes the VP or Director, an Adjacent to the group manager or cross functional teams or HR.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really have any, most of the time it was just straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward and that's something I enjoyed working with Cisco.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Seattle, WA) in February 2009.

Interview

Good process for employees coming in through an acquisition.

Interview Questions

• After working for a small company, how do you feel now about working for a large company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Came over at existing salary from acquired company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

Overall I was impressed with the interview process. Everyone I spoke with-- some involved in this process, some not--spoke quite highly of Cisco and their corporate culture. I found the interviewers to be knowledgeable and well spoken. Questions were straight forward and directed at finding out my qualifications in more detail. After applying on the Cisco job board, I received a request to answer seven job-related questions. One week later I conducted my first phone interview, followed one week later by two phone interviews on the same day. One frustration was that each interviewer had one or more recruiters which added a bit of confusion, especially when they changed in the middle of coordinating a date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a complex challenge you encountered and the process/tools you utilized to overcome it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Interview

It starts with phone interview to screen. Then you will talk with 4-5 team members. Be prepared to have WebEx meeting with video.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with someone who had a different working style than you.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Met with a couple of different hiring managers who were in competition to hire me. This was back in the days of the dot com boom. Interview questions were behavioral-based but also included asking for my opinion on strategic business decisions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

The initial contact came from a recruiter at a body-shop. They conducted a 30 minute phone screen, and referred me to Cisco - the position was a 6 month contract. There were several rounds of phone interviews with several manager and director level folks in the team, all 1:1. The questions were really softball "tell me about yourself" type questions. The phone interviews lasted anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. The people were all really friendly, although by the last interview I could tell they were just going through the motions, they had already selected someone else.

Interview Questions

• I haven't read your resume, so why don't you tell me about yourself? (this came from all the interviewers)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the project of which you are most proud   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your worst project, what went wrong, what did you do to recover   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Two Phone intervierws, called in San Jose for six 1:1 interviews.

Resume based interviews, very cordial. Each interview was 45 mins. HR was svery slow to respond, and despite repeated efforts to solicit a response yes/ no from them, the process went too slow and I had to move on. HR came back after 3 months, but the process took too long- I could not wait longer for an offer, though Cisco was a preferred employer for me.

Overall, I was impressed by the cordial, informal atmosphere, yet through approach of the interviewers. But the decision process took too long.

Interview Questions

• What did you achieve in your previous job, and what regrets do you have in leaving your prior position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview went very well with everyone except the top decision maker, whose opinion obviously had the right to erase everyone else so as to knock me out completely, regardless all the other interviewers acknowledged that I seemed to have the strong background, skill sets, and experience to be a very valuable contributor to the company and the position. With this, I have deep doubt about having unanimous decisions as a group to determine the entire interview process. I later also heard other complaints that Cisco is not a nice company which treats their candidates very desrepectfully - they will not issue an acknowledgement if they decided not to move forward the employment with you, and no one would call you to at least thank you for the time and effort. I also experienced this personally, and disappointed that such big and prestigious company will handle this kind of thing so poorly.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with difficult people?   1 Answer
    • How to resolve arguments in the meeting when everyone disagrees with each other?   1 Answer