Cisco Systems Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Lengthy Process. Took almost 4 months. 3 phone interview rounds followed by 3 onsite rounds in San Jose. Because of the Program Management nature of the role, it was mostly behavioral questions with little to no technical one's

Interview Questions

• Mostly on resume based work experience and relevant behavioral questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (South Florida, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with a current manager. They contacted me by email and we arranged a time for the telephone conference. It was pleasant and it was conducted in both English and Spanish.

Interview Questions

• How you would you deal with difficult people in Latin America?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

five different people over four hours...a list of questions...a list of personality questions...speed round...tech round....team round. Several page document on how experience and how you would work....met with actual team working iwth, eng team, non tech team...they look for well rounded and aggressive leaders but truly colloborative players with other skills nad other interests...the self motivated to be the best.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Several reviewers have already submitted the interview process and it has already been very accurately described. First round was a phone screen with hiring manager. Second round was a series of 7 interviews ~45 minutes each on site. Couple of interviews were on WebEx. A few interviewers very thorough in reviewing the resume and asked questions on the projects that I worked on a few years ago. So be well prepared with what you have written on your resume.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

First screen interview with Recruiter, then interview with the hiring manager, then with the team members you would lead. Questions varied between technical knowledge and Behavioral questions. It was a very average interview process. How many more words to reach fifty?

Interview Questions

• Describe the most important qualities a Program Manager needs to have, and give me examples of how you embody them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It started with a 30-minutes phone interview with human resource recruiter, 1-hour phone interview with the hiring manager, then all-day in-person interview with 5-7 people from different groups. The interview process was organized and gave me a good feel about the company, people and what the role entailed.

Interview Questions

• Q. Give an example of a difficult project which you managed, and how you overcame the challenges.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

All interviews with the company were conducted via phone. Four total interview phone calls in total. Recruiter solicited interview from a careerbuilder.com resume search. The friendliest people during an interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Competitive salary

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Was quite intense and impressive, there was few rounds. First was phone screening followed by in person interviews with different members of the team, additionally a final round with hiring manager as well as the sponsor

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Lead time on speaking to a recruiter was painfully long however once engaged subsequent interviews were scheduled quickly and the offer followed very shortly after the last interview.

Since Cisco doesn't do panel interviews I did spend quite a bit of time on campus meeting with a total of 6 different individual people who interviewed me.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Initial screening, phone interviews and face to face interview by a panel of 3-4 full time employees and managers. Selection process is pretty good. Only a small percentage of candidates get selected for face to face interviews. Be prepared.