Cisco Systems Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Program Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Was quite intense and impressive, there was few rounds. First was phone screening followed by in person interviews with different members of the team, additionally a final round with hiring manager as well as the sponsor

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

All interviews with the company were conducted via phone. Four total interview phone calls in total. Recruiter solicited interview from a careerbuilder.com resume search. The friendliest people during an interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Competitive salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was thorough and straight to the point. The interviewer wanted to know about my experience in the technology field and my approach to customer management. We spoke about the division I was interviewing for and how that might apply to my skill set.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Lengthy process - took about 6 week s to complete - Was asked the same question 6+ times ; They use WebEx. Some contract agencies are not good communicators which makes the process difficult at times.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

All they care about is how you handle a bad situation with a customer. There is no discussion on how your past experience is on the positive side. They also want to know if you can sell.

Interview Questions

• How will you upsell the customer?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Interview

I applied at a career fair while in university and a recruiter contacted me. There was first a phone conversation with recruiter and then three webex interviews before getting an offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied thru an employee referral. Met with screener first on a phone call, then was invited to a panel interview with team members, followed by meeting hiring manager to discuss the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe all gateways of an SDLC development lifecycle.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It started with a 30-minutes phone interview with human resource recruiter, 1-hour phone interview with the hiring manager, then all-day in-person interview with 5-7 people from different groups. The interview process was organized and gave me a good feel about the company, people and what the role entailed.

Interview Questions

• Q. Give an example of a difficult project which you managed, and how you overcame the challenges.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very informal and it took way way too long. I was left wondering what was going on for months. She never did really ask me about myself or my skills - she just liked my resume and was confident in the person who referred me.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any questions, but was told that I wouldn't be reporting to her long as she was interviewing to be a manager for a team   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Multiple 1 on 1 phone interviews with key leaders on the project, and one with a peer/contributor that could answer additional questions about the position. All the interviews were conducted by phone, and the leaders were spread across the country.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation in which the PM's on the program were not delivering on what they needed to do?   1 Answer

See What Cisco Systems Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Financial Analyst in Research Triangle Park, NC

Pros: “The people here care and want to see you succeed. I wasnt afraid to ask questions and present issues to the management team. They were very supportive and believe in you even if you fail...”“The people here care and want to see you succeed. I wasnt afraid to ask questions and present issues to the management team. They were very supportive and believe in you even if you fail ("Failure is an opportunity to learn" is a quote i heard a few times in the program). The exec team at Cisco is also very supportive of the program, we were able to meet with the CFO and have an open Q&A with her in a small group. In addition, if you ever want to meet or network with anyone, its as easy as saying "Hey i am a lift intern do you have time...etc" and they will make a point to talk to you. I was able to meet with directors, VP, SVP, even the Chief Controller at Cisco! The opportunities here are only limited by your own ambition really - anything and everything is encouraged and you can really grow as an employee here. I highly highly suggest this program (atleast the internship) to anyone that is on the fence!” – Full Review