Cisco Systems Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

I had two rounds of phone interviews followed by a multi-stage in-person interview session. The phone interviews were standard stuff. The in person interviews were well thought out and definitely more than a formality - some interviewers were fairly challenging. Overall the people were great and the impression I got was that Cisco is a vibrant, churning environment where an industrious and enterprising person can find a rewarding niche to shine in.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you' would be satisfied working for Cisco?   1 Answer

I had another offer that I preferred.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Its st. forward you get call for scheduling an interview and then two rounds of telephonic interview and then onsite interview for complete day. Post that HR will call and discuss about the compensation.

Interview Questions

• real time scenarios and how did you overcome the difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Very quick. The hiring manager was out of state. We spoke about 1.5 hrs. I spoke with 2 additional team members. Met the director who was local. There after I was given an offer

Interview Questions

• How do you manage being over budget on a project   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Received notice from HR resume would be sent to hiring manager. HR contacted me by email stating I had been selected for an interview. Interview lasted thirty minutes (slightly more as hiring manager advised he had more time). I was advised that the hiring process could involve at minimum five more interviews.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter, who performed the first phone screening, followed by a phone screening from someone at Cisco, followed by a third phone screening by the hiring manager. I was then asked to come on site for face to face interviews, which consisted of a panel interview of three engineers, then a 1:1 with the hiring manager. No behavioral questions like some interviewers mention, but definitely a lot of questions to see how well I would fit in at Cisco.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview requested by recruiter., then face to face after passing initial phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I had pre-sales or channel partner experience and responded that I didnt. However, my experience in working with Bus Dev Managers would be helpful in getting up to speed with their product offerings.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2011.

Interview

Many Interviews at multiple levels were imposed in order to make sure the right person was chosen for the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very fast and fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed for contractor position with director / senior management level. Well organized interview process. Building lobbies have receptionists to greet you. Third person (non-interviewer) contact to meet in lobby, ask informal questions, and walk around to first meeting. Casual business attire, collared shirts and slacks. Few employees wear jeans. Friday is casual day.

Interview Questions

• Asked straightforward business questions, questions about background and skills. No trick questions, no oddball questions encountered.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Overall process was very thorough and organized. After my resume was submitted by a current employee, I received an email about setting up phone interviews within a few days. Initially interviewed with the Recruiter and then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that interview I was asked to speak with 3 potential team members and interview with them. Went to the next round of interviews which was a full day of face-to-face interviews in the NYC office. The face-to-face interviews were one hour each and consisted of meeting with 5 different people, very thorough and exhausting. The offer was extended after the face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations? Tell us about a time you encountered conflict and how you managed it? Gave a potential customer situation and asked how you would handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate a higher salary, but was told that the offer was a firm offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

A lot of specific technical questions to see if you know what you are doing from others in the position. Hiring manager more concerned with past experience and other "soft" skills. Most people have good interviewing skills although an I/C asked me for my salary requirements, which I though was inappropriate. (I stated that it was best left at the time I was made a job offer, but everything is negotiable.)

Interview Questions

• What kind of salary are you looking for? It would have been okay from management, but I got it from an I/C which I really didn't like.

Lot of questions on SCRUM/Agile, willingness to work over time etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Job offer was made. Got an "off-the-record" offer from the hiring manager. Had to interview with HR, before the compensation package was finalized.