Cisco Systems Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 30, 2017

3.1

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I met Cisco recruiters at the career fair. I did an interview with 2 recruiters the following day on campus. They asked about my past experience in similar roles, typical behavioral questions, and what makes me stand out among other candidates who applied. I also had to do follow up interviews with the specific teams that were interested in hiring me. It was the same across all my interviews. The hiring managers are more interested in finding out specifically what you know and if your personality would fit with everyone else on their team.

Interview Questions

• What are your top 3 strengths?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was probably underqualified for this job so I'm not surprised that I didn't get it; I was surprised that they proceeded to the interview nonetheless. In the end, I was hoping that they'd keep me in mind for a more appropriate position, but so far I have not heard anything.

Interview Questions

• They asked several different times about my ability to work with people of different cultures; enough so that I suspected they'd been through difficulties in that group with racism or xenophobes etc. and wanted to avoid a repeat.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Vallejo, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Basic interview process, met with 2 different managers. Met via WebEx and reviewed job requirements and resume. Overall experience was good. I did not use glassdoor for the interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiation phase was good.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Well rounded, and helpful. 4 step process from 2 phone call interviews to 2 on site interview. Meet with multiple team members and future supervisor. Recruiting company was helpful getting all paperwork handled. Hiring process was little long but worth the wait. Team was very helpful getting me up to speed and making me feel at home.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

it was simple process, 3 interviews followed by hr round and then offer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2014.

Interview

There was an interview with the staffing agency and then with hiring manager, a peer, and a VP, 1:1 behavioral interviews all done via phone, Interview was standard no crazy questions. Fairly standard, know about the company and why you want to work there. Helps if you know the product

Interview Questions

• How would you handle xyz situation?

Why do you want to work for Cisco?

What is your 30/60/90 day plan?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Interview process consists of a resume review followed by a phone interview and concluded with a single in-person interview at Cisco's San Jose, CA headquarters. The staffing agency contacted me to assess my work history and overall qualifications. I then had a phone interview with the onsite staffing agency before going to a 1:1 interview with the department manager.

The department manager made the decision to hire me and I started work the next week.

Interview Questions

• What is VLOOKUP and how is it used?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed for contractor position with director / senior management level. Well organized interview process. Building lobbies have receptionists to greet you. Third person (non-interviewer) contact to meet in lobby, ask informal questions, and walk around to first meeting. Casual business attire, collared shirts and slacks. Few employees wear jeans. Friday is casual day.

Interview Questions

• Asked straightforward business questions, questions about background and skills. No trick questions, no oddball questions encountered.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Its st. forward you get call for scheduling an interview and then two rounds of telephonic interview and then onsite interview for complete day. Post that HR will call and discuss about the compensation.

Interview Questions

• real time scenarios and how did you overcome the difficult situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Fairly quick (three weeks). They called, asked a few questions, and hung up. They called again a week later and asked more questions. Finally, the manager called. Then the HR called a few weeks later again and asked if I could start on Monday. The job description was minimal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They just offered a rate. Take it or leave it.