Cisco Systems Interview Questions in Research Triangle Park, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I took part in three steps:
    1. Skills quiz with 50 questions which need be solved for 30 minutes. There were 5 different themes in the quiz: Groovy/Java, Gradle, Docker, Logical
    2. Phone interview. Questions about my experience and some general questions about technologies like "what are benefits of using DI?".
    3. Face to face interview with three people. I was asked about understanding different technologies, drawing on the board a scheme of a simple web service.

Interview Questions

• What is docker and how do you understand it? What are the benefits of using docker?   Answer Question
    • How React virtual DOM is redrawn?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied for a Recruiting Coordinator position, was contacted by the agency that handles contract employees for Cisco. Basic phone interview, went over my background and the opportunities they had available.

A few days later, the recruiter contacted me to set up an in-person interview. The interview process had 10 people in it. We were all given a presentation about Cisco and the position. Then each of us was interviewed by two separate people and given a written assessment. Overall, there was a lot of waiting around.

The in-person interviews were standard. The interviewers were friendly and professional. The written assessment was not particularly hard. It was looking to determine your attention to detail and your customer service skills.

Overall, it was a good experience. The recruiter prepared me well for what to expect.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Met with 4 individuals separately over the telephone. Each had a core interest in the role since they were supported by this financial analyst.
    The first interview was face to face but others were over the phone since they were located in other states. Each interviewer was pleasant and the questions were fair and related to the role at hand.

Interview Questions

• Experience with multi-tasking.   1 Answer

Software Engineer (Full Time) Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

I met Cisco recruiters at my university's career fair earlier this semester. Unfortunately, I was unavailable for their on campus interviews times, so I had a Webex phone interview instead. The first phone interview was with I believe a manager. He asked basic behavioral and technical questions. The whole interview lasted 20 minutes. After a week, I was emailed that I did not make it past to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle arguments?   1 Answer

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a three part process involving a video, webex interview and an assessment center. The Assessment center involves a 30 minute interview a sales role play and a ten minute presentation on an assigned topic.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Four interviews in total: first round consisted of one on campus interview. Asked me behavioral questions.

Final round was three interviews: Behavioral, presentation and technical. In the technical interview, make sure to say I DO NOT KNOW, if you don't know the answer to the question. DO NOT BLUFF

Interview Questions

• Present about something that cisco is providing new to the world today?

How do you talk between two different hosts on two different vlans? What is port channeling? What is STP?
      1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

IT Business Analyst: Interviewer was very unwelcoming and not friendly at all. I worked in a different area of Cisco previously and really enjoyed my experience. However, after this interview, I have no desire to work with here anymore. The interviewer posed many of the questions in a harsh way, indicating that I was not qualified for the position. The communication with the recruiters was very frustrating as well- it took over two months for me to get an update on anything and by that time I had already accepted another offer. Overall, very disappointed with the process since I know it is not indicative at all of Cisco.

Interview Questions

• Why do we need you for this job when we have engineers with over 10 years of experience?   1 Answer

Financial Planning and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard from a recruiter the following week to set up an initial phone interview/screening. They asked basic questions about my qualifications and resume. I was then set up for an in person interview. The interviewer was polite and explained the role. We walked through my resume and afterward the interviewer seemed to immediately lose all interest. Sensing this, I pressed more questions about the role and my fitment. I was told the role was less decision making oriented and less influential (and less "cool") than my current position and that I would probably not like it.

I suspect I am probably over qualified, they felt my qualifications were lacking compared to another applicant, or they already had someone in mind and this was just a filler interview.

Interview Questions

• - Walk me through your resume.
      - Why Cisco?
      - Why finance?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Referred by an employee. Had an webex interview, basically went through my resume and asked about my project. last about 25 minutes. After a week, notified that I am still in consideration and after two weeks, got the offer

Interview Questions

• difference between java and python what's the basic foundation of java   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

The process began with an initial phone screen and 6 on-site interviews.
    The phone interview focused on Systems. I was asked about Threads/Processes, Synchronization Primitives, Parallelization and Distributed Systems. The phone screen ended with networking concepts (VLANs and MPLS).
    The on-site interviews focused on Networking, Systems and programming (C language). Each and every concept in the Operating Systems book were visited. The interviewers were very interested in knowing the design decisions I made while implementing the system level projects.
    Networking related questions covered VLANs, MPLS, VPNs, ARP, STP, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, etc. The fundamental concepts behind the protocols were tested.
    I was asked to write 3 programs - String based, bit manipulation and linked list based.

Interview Questions

• I was time and again asked about the design decisions - Why use a concept and not the other one ? The interviewers were really interested to know whether I know the fundamental concepts.   Answer Question