Cisco Systems Interview Questions in Research Triangle Park, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

3.2

CSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

The interview process was excellent. The interviewers used my resume to spark all questions and conversations off of. Nothing was unexpected and aligned perfectly with my skills set. This is something that is very good with Cisco. If you say you know something, you should know it. Stay true to yourself. I have always been honest on my resume so it worked out well. I knew going in and was okay with what was on there and it really was a pleasure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem that you had and how you approached resolving it.   1 Answer

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume and was contacted for a phone screen a few days later. After the phone screen, the recruiter contacted me and scheduled 8 separate 1:1 interviews over about a week and half. Some were audio only, some were audio and video through WebEx, and 3 were face to face. On one of them, the interviewer asked me to join video, but I had not been provided a link for video, only for audio. After working my schedule around all 8 interviews (including a day off from my current job), I was told that I was down to a very small pool of candidates and told explicitly that I would hear something soon one way or the other. It has been almost 2 months now and I have not gotten a reply. I very professionally followed up with both the recruiter and the hiring manager 2 times (couple of weeks apart), and never received a response. I obviously understand that I was not selected, but was quite disappointed in not receiving the courtesy of a response at all, especially after inquiry. Overall the process was all over the place (partially due to geography and time zones), but I really enjoyed the conversations with several of the interviewers and aside from the lack of closure it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Most conversation was around experience, projects, financial acumen, and general things you would normally expect in an interview.   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

3 part process
    Assessment center took all day 8-5
    They give you all the information you need to be successful in the assessment center but doing more research is always beneficially
    I spent around 40+ hours preparing for the assessment center
    Company culture is great, they really do want you to succeed. Cisco is the company for me because I was able to show my humor but also be smart at the same time. I cracked jokes with all the assessors and had a great day. If you make it to the third round, have fun, no matter the outcome at the end of the assessment center. You're lucky to be there--enjoy your day, this is the hardest interview you will probably ever do. But it will prepare you for any other interviews. Great company to work for I am so excited to start!

Interview Questions

• What are two things Cisco is involved in
      Tell me something you are passionate about and persuade me to be passionate about it too
      Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Initially it was a phone screen to get an idea whether or not it would be good to proceed with the interview process. The phone screen was also an opportunity to describe the position to me so that I could determine if it's a role I would be interested in should the interview process continue. The first interview was with a panel of a few managers. Once I progressed I was interviewed by senior management. The interview process included verifying the items on my resume as well as talking openly about accomplishments and general methods of management. They really tried to get a feel for how I deal with different difficult situations as well as the day to day management of technical resources. The senior leadership tried to apply pressure to see how I react and whether or not I was easily shaken.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions to figure out if you are honest or would be willing to bend your character for the sake of the company. They do not hire dishonest people so even when pressured it is a bad idea to be dishonest. Example: If you were presenting a monthly review to a customer and you know that your metrics are not up to par but you have already taken care of the support gap, wouldn't it be OK in that situation to fudge the numbers just a little and avoid a potential customer escalation or financial penalty?   1 Answer

Business Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Very lengthy process. Expect to interview with numerous people who may not even have a say in the actual hiring. I had seven interviews and was not even a final candidate. Little consideration for the team's time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a stakeholder who had unreasonable expectations.   1 Answer

Virtual Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Then was contacted by a recruiter via email to submit a video assignment. Afterwards, contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Lastly onsite interview.

Onsite interview Consist of

1. Short Presentation

2. Role Play

3. 1:1 Interview rotating between 3-5 people

About 15 Candidates on site that day interviewing...

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

ON site interview at RTP office , two tech rounds, 1 managerial round, and first round was phone screeening. then they called me onsite and conducted 2.5 hours of interviews.

Interview Questions

• C programming, Networking Concepts, Problem solving   1 Answer

Technical Leader I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

The content of the interview process is not standardized. Interviewing with different groups can be a Hit or Miss match. The need is based upon the hiring group and not our overall fit for the company after your current role is completed. Often esoteric to the groups current issues.

Interview Questions

• A coding question specific to the current engineers problem that the engineer could not solve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

2 phone calls. Typical for my level of experience. Then accept contract via Experis. Fe fi fo fum this is just not realistic but I'll type in 40 words to keep you satisfied. You should let me out of this experience unless you just are new to on-line interviewing.

Interview Questions

• technical knowledge of service supply chain an Oracle SQL experience and knowledge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

What?! Describe your question.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through the website when I saw that Cisco was one of the 20 companies that pays their interns most. I received an email about a week or so later asking me to schedule a time when I could come into the RTP campus for an in-person interview. My interview was actually through telepresence with a manager in England. He mostly covered information about what I would be doing if I was selected and asked what experience I had related to the projects. It was an easy and comfortable interview. They mostly want to see if you are the right fit for the culture and are capable of doing the project tasks.

Interview Questions

• If someone came to you and said you had to pick one career, what would you choose?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received an email 4 or 5 days later saying I had been selected to move forward in the process. Then I completed the employee application, then a recruiter called and told me how much I would be making, where I would be working, etc.