Cisco Systems Interview Questions in Research Triangle Park, NC | Glassdoor

3.3

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through the website when I saw that Cisco was one of the 20 companies that pays their interns most. I received an email about a week or so later asking me to schedule a time when I could come into the RTP campus for an in-person interview. My interview was actually through telepresence with a manager in England. He mostly covered information about what I would be doing if I was selected and asked what experience I had related to the projects. It was an easy and comfortable interview. They mostly want to see if you are the right fit for the culture and are capable of doing the project tasks.

Interview Questions

• If someone came to you and said you had to pick one career, what would you choose?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received an email 4 or 5 days later saying I had been selected to move forward in the process. Then I completed the employee application, then a recruiter called and told me how much I would be making, where I would be working, etc.

VPAM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

This might have been, what seemed like, the most unorganized interview I have ever been on. It started by dumping everyone in a room and telling us that this was our chance to interview them while they interview us. Well that is not at all the case. No one from Cisco ever keeps quite long enough to really ask any worthwhile questions.
    Then you are taken one by one to do a role play which again seems every unorganized. One person watches you make a phone call while the other person doesn't listen to what you say on the other line.
    Then you are thrown back in the room to listen to more Cisco propaganda while you wait for your 15 minute one on ones.
    As you start you one on ones the Cisco employee will ask you very basic interview questions. Again they really don't let you answer. You will meet with 3-4 people for a total of 45 minutes then you are sent on your way.
    All the employees seem very uninterested in the process and want to get it over with right away.

Interview Questions

Seemed a very high pressure workplace where people will throw you under the bus to get ahead.

Cloud Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

There were a bunch of phone calls.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. Just a chat on IaaS.   1 Answer

Virtual Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend on the vSAM team. After my resume was given to the appropriate person, I had a phone interview which was followed by an onsite interview - half day process. There were 8 other applicants interviewing at the same time. First up was a role play followed by interviews with six mangers.

Interview Questions

• I found the role play to be the most anxiety-producing portion but it went well. There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Relationship Manager/Operations Manager/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Interview process began with a 30 minute phone interview with a peer, then a face to face panel interview with management, followed by a second face to face panel interview. It was clear from the interviews Cisco held a high standard and the work would be highly demanding. Culture was casual and fun, focused on collaboration and innovation.

Interview Questions

• I was required to present slides for the second panel interview to demonstrate my presentation skills.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Interview process was very simple. I completed a phone screen with HR which was followed by a day-long interview onsite with a panel of managers. Many of the questions were not technical in nature but were sales situational in nature.

Interview Questions

• "I hate mini-vans but I want you to sell me one anyway."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salary was more than fair and the benefits package was above normal for my region and field of expertise.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

All interviews were conducted through WebEx. First interview was a little over 30 minutes and was very general in questions. Why did you apply? Can you explain your resume in great detail?

Prior to the second interview I was given a question that for which I had to make a video response. Then the second interview was with a hiring manager, followed by a 30 minute break and then two or three Cisco employees (all through WebEx). The hiring manager asked questions such as what's a switch? What's a router? Then the Cisco employees asked questions regarding my resume.

Interview Questions

• Explain the OSI Model? For each layer describe it and give a protocol for each.   Answer Question

CSAP Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

First applied in September 2013 for the Summer 2014 program. Heard back a few weeks after applying in early October to set up a WebEx interview with a recruiter. I had applied previously to the Partner Sales Academy and when the recruiter heard this, the interview was relatively simple and quick, about 15-20 minutes. Basic questions such as Why Cisco and What I knew about Cisco products. There were some general resume questions as well. After this, I was informed that I would be contacted if selected to move forward, which I got a strong feeling I would be.

About 2 weeks later I received an invitation to record a 2 minute video response through HireArt with the question "What are your top three qualities that will make you a successful sales person?" After recording this, I received a rejection email a few days later despite the HireRight page listing that my video was still under review and not yet checked by an employer.

The third step, if selected, is attending an assessment center in RTP, NC.

Interview Questions

• What are your top three qualities that will make you a successful sales person?   Answer Question

Associate Sales Representative (ASR) Full-Time Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied to the ASR position for spring 2014 after speaking with reps at a university career fair. Heard back the next day asking for my availability for a WebEx phone/video interview. I was set up to connect with a sales rep. They asked me general questions like what I knew about the company, my experience with working with teams, my leadership experience, and to describe a time a professor or supervisor didn't like my work and what I did about it.

Five days later, I was invited to record a two minute video through HireArt introducing myself and answering the question, "what are your top three qualities that will make you a successful sales person?". Six days later, I received an email from a recruiter saying I was not selected to move forward with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Role play activity: sell my interviewer a smart phone.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

call from recruiter. had 2technical interviews one for java and other for sql skills. and then on site interview with team members and manager