Cisco Systems Interview Questions in Research Triangle Park, NC | Glassdoor

3.2

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

call from recruiter. had 2technical interviews one for java and other for sql skills. and then on site interview with team members and manager

Services/Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

I had an initial interview with agent at Insight Global, within a week I had my first big interview with the Operations Managers of the team I am now on. Following the in person interview I had a follow up phone interview with another BOM, which lead me to my final phone interview with my current boss. The rest is history.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question I was asked was why I desired this position at Cisco with no relative background in the company.   1 Answer

Network Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

The logistics of the interview process were great. Very clearly communicated instructions, responsive recruiting team. I'd say when it comes to talking about compensation (later in the interview process), make sure you speak directly to the hiring manager rather than the recruiter. My recruiter made me promises that couldn't be kept, and it led to some initial friction with my actual manager. The hiring manager will have the most current and accurate information in regards to salary, raises, promotions, etc, so make sure you get the information directly from them.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you did in the technical interview? This question is great for testing self-awareness and a candidate's willingness to discuss possible weaknesses or blind spots.   1 Answer

IT Services Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

The process started with a request to walk the interviewer through a detailed analysis of routing from the perspective of a CCNA certification test (they didn't say that, but that is what it was). If you plan to interview, I'd recommend starting there.

Interview Questions

• I believe there were questions on their load balancing equipment.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

Detailed and engaging. The process was lengthy but made me feel they were looking for the right person. You interview with all levels at the company, which I thought was good. The board interview was difficult. Overall a great process

Interview Questions

• What was one of your biggest failure and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Software/QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Interview

Not hugely difficult, people mostly asked me about my background and why I wanted the job. One final guy "grilled" me by asking me to explain in great detail my most recent coding project.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Team members conduct phone interview and then some of the team members will meet and interview the candidate on site. Team members have more say than the management in hiring a candidate.

Negotiation

No negotiation when I got hired.

CSAP ASR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

Full Day interview. Flew us down to RTP. We were in a room with all the other people interviewing. It was a very long day. It was worth and I did in the end receive an offer for the job.
    There was 4 different parts of the interview. First a technology test. Then an interview. Then a role plat then a presentation. The whole day was very stressful. We didn't find out until about month later if we got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• How could you add technology to your previous jobs to make yourself more productive?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

During a layoff years past, I received a phone call from a group that wasn't affected by the layoffs. They asked me if I was still interested in a group I inquired about years prior. I talked to the hiring manager for a long time and got the job.
    Typically the initial hiring process involves at least SIX 1:1 interviews and a tech panel interview for a field SE position. In inside sales we had a tech panel of 3-4 people screen each person for the more junior ones and that was it.

AS Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Two lengthy telephone interviews. Another phone interview with contracting company. Provided work examples. Easy and uncomplicated.

Interview Questions

• None...everything that was asked was expected and everything I asked was answered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what I was making (history) and they gave me an even better amount.