Cisco Systems Interview Questions in Research Triangle Park, NC | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.2

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

Detailed and engaging. The process was lengthy but made me feel they were looking for the right person. You interview with all levels at the company, which I thought was good. The board interview was difficult. Overall a great process

Interview Questions

• What was one of your biggest failure and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Software/QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Interview

Not hugely difficult, people mostly asked me about my background and why I wanted the job. One final guy "grilled" me by asking me to explain in great detail my most recent coding project.

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

Team members conduct phone interview and then some of the team members will meet and interview the candidate on site. Team members have more say than the management in hiring a candidate.

Negotiation

No negotiation when I got hired.

CSAP ASR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

Full Day interview. Flew us down to RTP. We were in a room with all the other people interviewing. It was a very long day. It was worth and I did in the end receive an offer for the job.
    There was 4 different parts of the interview. First a technology test. Then an interview. Then a role plat then a presentation. The whole day was very stressful. We didn't find out until about month later if we got the job offer.

Interview Questions

• How could you add technology to your previous jobs to make yourself more productive?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

During a layoff years past, I received a phone call from a group that wasn't affected by the layoffs. They asked me if I was still interested in a group I inquired about years prior. I talked to the hiring manager for a long time and got the job.
    Typically the initial hiring process involves at least SIX 1:1 interviews and a tech panel interview for a field SE position. In inside sales we had a tech panel of 3-4 people screen each person for the more junior ones and that was it.

AS Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Two lengthy telephone interviews. Another phone interview with contracting company. Provided work examples. Easy and uncomplicated.

Interview Questions

• None...everything that was asked was expected and everything I asked was answered.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them what I was making (history) and they gave me an even better amount.

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

An agency contacted me about my resume on an online job seeking site. The staffing agency finds interview candidates for Cisco and prepare them to be as good a candidate as possible. My agency went above and beyond in preparing me and informing me on the interview process and what to expect. The process took very long on Cisco's end, but I soon had an in-person interview at Cisco, which I studied for for two days, reviewing all of my CCNA material and the preliminary questions the agency asked me over the phone. Overall, I over-studied and nailed every question in the interview. I was surprised at how easy the interview was for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay was determined by an agency, who offered me only $12/ hour at my initial team with promises of a raise the moment I moved to my permanent team. I had very little experience besides a paid internship, but I did have a CCNA certification, which I have noticed few people at my level of support have. In my experience, agencies always offer low with promises of a raise very soon. I encourage anyone negotiating to ask for what they believe they deserve listing their strengths and see what they can negotiate.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

The character and soft skills seemed to go very well, but the technical content was surprisingly tough. As one might expect, I theorize there is a minimum level of networking skill for anything beyond an entry position. Overall, I think the process was very good, but the areas where more focus would be helpful to my application are pretty clear to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Well my cisco journey began with an email from the TAC member on May24th. JUL 20th and I was contacted by this TAC had an 1hr 30min interview with him. Then I was contacted by a engineer and had a 15min interview now all I have left is 2 interviews.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was made by recruiter. The hiring manager subsequently went out of town for a week. That's why it took ten days. There was no phone prescreen; I only did an on-site interview.

I met with the software manager, who would also be making the hiring decision, in her office. She told me a little bit about the team and what was she trying to accomplish with building the team. Shortly thereafter, the tech lead joined us in her office.

The tech lead asked me to go over my previous job(s). He had some light technical questions, which were all easy to answer. This took maybe half an hour. After that, the tech lead left, and I spent another 20 minutes or so talking to the manager alone about the team and their processes.

The Cisco campus is pretty big. They have a cafeteria, a gym, volleyball courts, etc. It's easy to see why they make the Best Places to Work list regularly. The atmosphere is pretty laid back. The development manager was wearing shorts and a Mickey Mouse t-shirt. The tech lead was wearing jeans and sandals. They also seemed pretty flexible when it came to work-life balance issues.

I wanted the job, but they said I was "overqualified". Since the interview was through a recruiter, they knew my rate before they set up the interview, so I don't think "overqualified" means "too expensive" in this case.