Cisco Systems Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

3.4

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First a 50 min, mainly behavioral, online screen with an engineer. Mainly asked for interests, hobbies, experiences, and common behavioral questions. Then another 50 min technical interview. Medium questions. The process was painfully slow with me emailing them many times with no response for weeks.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview, and many were held that day. The interview was quick, and the interviewer was very friendly. We mainly discussed projects on my resume and the type of work her team is doing within the company.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was held on campus. I went to Cisco's information session and got a chance to talk to one of the hardware engineers at Cisco. I told him about my self and made sure that he remembered me. I handed him my resume and he told me that he will see me tomorrow at the job fair. I went to the job fair and found him, where the interview was taken.

Interview Questions

• How would you get 30 minutes if you know that a rope takes 1 hour to burn and there are two ropes, but they burn non-linearly   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. The first 10 minutes were soft questions and the rest of the time was a coding question. The interviewer was very nice and helpful in the coding question.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Got an email asking for an interview on campus few weeks later. Had a one on one with an engineer from the company. Was told I would be notified more later on.

Interview Questions

• Pretty simple, went over resume, asked a few questions about projects listed on resume   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was a very friendly person. He began by asking me about the projects that I had done in undergraduate school. Then he shifted on to a couple of design questions related to client server model and networking protocols. These were just basic questions and did not require in depth knowledge of networks. Then he asked one programming question. He asked me to suggest approaches to solving it. And later on, implement one of the approaches on a white board. Then he asked me if I had any questions for him. I asked a couple of questions and then it was done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The manager in the IT department interviewed me. Since I do not major in CS, he just asked me some behavior questions. He is really nice and told me do need to worry about programming. He thought the idea is much more important than programming language.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply our company?   Answer Question
    • If you father ask you to come back tomorrow, but you can not come back. How do you deal with that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was medium to difficult. Asked about bit level manipulations, writing codes for algorithms like sorting, searching, graph and tree traversals and few more. Asked about the projects done as part of coursework. Asked some theory questions related to OOPS, operating systems and network basics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA).

Interview

First one with hiring manager, second with technical manager. They were both phone interviews. The first went well, but the second was terrible. I was told that it would take about half an hour and it ended up being over two. I felt like I was just being read a list of words to see if I could define. Kept being asked oop questions even though I kept mentioning my strength was in functional programming. I felt sort of mocked at the end, like no matter what I said it would be incorrect

Interview Questions

• Awful, 1hour+ of questions ranging from ood principles to Linux to c++/c to networks to Python. Also got asked what books I read to "keep current"   Answer Question

Hardware Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not very difficult. Questions were mostly behavioral with some inquiries about work/industry experience and what tools I was familiar with. Do keep in mind this was for an undergraduate sophomore-level internship.