Cisco Systems Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 20, 2016

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

There will be two round phone interviews and one on-site interview. The phone interview focus on algorithm problems and the on-site interview will also ask about system design and solve more practical problems.

I got other offers.

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Spoke to two folks, one an engineer and the other a manager. The latter spoke about the company and the former dived into topics that revolved around my resume. They were both friendly and both gave good insight to what the team does and how they work when I asked about the work culture. Enjoyed talking to them but didn't hear back (apparently, other folks that interviewed with them haven't heard back as well, they are either busy or have chosen a candidate and didn't bother to respond to the other candidates). The team itself seemed interesting - they work on new products in short and long term cycles and collaborate with outside teams.

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked depending on your resume. As this was a front end position, I was asked to tell the difference between React and Angular, which one I preferred and why.   Answer Question

Cisco Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with 2 Cisco Managers. Interview was made extremely difficult as one manager dialed into the interview from his car while the other manager was on a speaker phone in a very noisy and chaotic environment. As I could not hear their questions I ask to reschedule to a more convenient time for them. They insisted on continuing.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Called out of the blue, asked if I'd be interested in interviewing. Still not entirely sure how they got my name. Had first phone interview the next week, asked no personal questions, all technical in nature. Total of 3 phone interviews and an in-person trip out to Seattle. Took about 4 months start to finish. The people in the in person interview were wonderful. Very smart, laid back, and understanding.

Software Engineer, Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The first interview is on phone for entry level software developer position, they require knowledge in C,python. So i was scheduled for phone screening and was the told most questions would be asked on understanding algorithms,data structures.

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

you get completed in new devise software automatic discover and built in your life this great for your life. You get experience earn in your live.cisco is a easy system in working.

Interview Questions

• What you built in discover?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter. We exchanged emails for about 3 weeks then I was asked for a phone interview with one of the Cisco managers. It was a basic phone interview that took about 30 minutes. I was asked basic networking and behavioral questions, than the recruiter talk about the company benefits and he answered my questions.
    Although I was not offered a position. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic networking and behavioral questions such as tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative - Cloud Networking Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

After my initial contact, their recruiter called me and explained the process they would like to move forward with. This was a phone interview with the recruiter, then another phone interview with a hiring manager, then 4 in-person interviews all scheduled back to back. After doing well with the recruiter's interview, he made sure i was well prepped for my other interviews. The process was straight forward, very fast, and the recruiter kept me in the loop at all times.

Interview Questions

• I got asked "What is my greatest professional achievement?" by almost every person I interviewed with. Either I kept doing poorly on it and they were asking because I failed the question in the previous interview, or it's extremely important them. Everything was pretty straight forward and they didn't try to catch me off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They told me the pay range in advance, asked how much I was comfortable with, then offered me the top of the pay range.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview, went pretty good and was mostly analytical questions and algorithms questions. Then I had a phone interview, very technical and detailed, but the guy was helpful. At the end, the HR said you've got positive feedback on your interviews and we'll let you know when we've openings, which they didn't

Interview Questions

• Nothing surprising, but the guy did ask about everything related to networking fundamentals and C++   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was referred by the SVP of Sales, had a phone interview and then 1on1 with the hiring manager. It was a fair interview and I got the job. I wore a suit and was well prepared. I interviewed with a few other members of the sales team. I do not have anything that was negative, just come prepared and act professional.

Interview Questions

• How much experience I had as a National Account Manager   Answer Question