Cisco Systems Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.9

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me about 20 days after I applied. I had a total of three interviews: one over the phone and two over WebEx. During the phone interview, the recruiter explained the role, benefits, etc. The first WebEx interview, week after phone interview with recruiter, was with the hiring manager who mostly explained the role and asked about my interests. A week after the interview with the hiring manager, the recruiter contacted to move forward with a technical interview with a with a team of 4 engineers (at once) and ~30 minutes long over WebEx. They mostly went over the resume. Two weeks later, recruiter reached out saying that I got the job. From initial email by the recruiter to the offer letter, the process lasted about 5 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was pretty good so I did not negotiate.

Vice President Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

While meetings were difficult to coordinate, last minute calendar changes, and lapses of communications, once meetings were held they were both informative and productive.

Opportunities are vast at Cisco. Some of the organizational realignments, may be beneficial, may not be. Only time will tell with this. Cisco's desire to bring new techniques and technologies is clear. How they leverage their current strength(s) in market while taking on new talent and technologies was quite a bit vague in the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What skills and experiences could you apply to Cisco's present challenges (Cloud, IoT, Collaboration)?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

2 Rounds. First round was behavioral. Typical questions asking about my background in CS, any projects I have, etc. Second round was Technical. They asked 3 questions. All 3 were related to data structures and algorithms. Pretty basic stuff.They got back to me within 3 days both times.

Interview Questions

• What's the least amount of time it would take to sort an array from smallest to largest   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered pay that was commensurate with my experience and around the industry average. Since it was my first internship I didn't feel like I had much room to negotiate so I took it. I had friends who were able to negotiate up to $35 an hour because of previous experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The person I spoke with asked me questions that were not on my resume, such as querying data using SQL, or asking me Java questions when I know little to no Java at all. It seemed like every time I tried to answer something correct, he would just become more impatient.

Interview Questions

• How to query an employee name that has the second highest salary in a given data table (using SQL).   Answer Question
    • Difference between Hash Table and HashMap?   Answer Question
    • Implement a circular linked list entirely (add, delete, find minimum, etc).   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very nice and accommodating. I had a referral from a current employee that certainly helped me. I had six interviews, all of which were fair and with impressive people on the Cisco side. The interviews were video discussions and I highly recommend you take the time to set up your space with no interruptions so that you can focus. This seems to ve very normal procedure for Cisco and many companies I'm sure but with nowhere at work and not a great place at home, I had to put real thought into this.

Interview Questions

• Primarily drilled down on key attributes of the role and how my experience will fit to that. No case studies or the like.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through website, got mail to set up phone interview, single round of phone interview, full technical, went over my resume and discussed project details and technical questions about data structures, programming basics( java , python, c, c++). Few network related questions.

Director Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Got the interview through employee referral.
    They called for an interview and all 9 of them interviewed in a day.
    1 VP of Eng, 7 Directors and 1 HR Manager interviewed me.
    Offer extended in 3 days. Background check etc took time to join.

Interview Questions

• Mostly from the resume, past history, achievements etc.
      High Level Technical Questions on the technology
      HR asked on Hire/Fire/Handling employee situations kind of questions
      Answer Question

Incident Manager II Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Responded to a Linkedin post by Cisco employee. I had a total of 7 interviews. The interviews were a mixture of behavioral and technical. The main focus with interviews were more on fit than technical aptitude in my case. I was very impressed with the structure and personalities of the interviewees. Most interviews come with a level of anxiety just depends on your eagerness to land that particular job and they did a great job at allowing me to relax.

Interview Questions

• How would you investigate a nation state breach from start to finish be detailed as possible.

How would you identify webshells and dll injection. How would an attacker achieve both.

All the technical questions were scenario based instead of your traditional "What-is" questions which I prefer.
      Answer Question

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

hiring process was lengthy and lot of time was spent on not relevant topics. interviewers were experienced but felt like they wanted to demonstrate their abilities in the interview more than focussing on the interview itself.

Interview Questions

• software development questions   1 Answer

did not like the team

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was Employee Referral and so only telephonic interview happened directly with team manager. No other On-site interviews. It was a good experience overall. In 2 days, got offer through email from HR.

Interview Questions

• My graduate project works in detail, Networking related stuffs, my interests, some HR related questions   1 Answer