Cisco Systems Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.9

488 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

4 different engineers interviewed on different subjects regarding OS, Networking protocols, algorithms, and coding. all of them did a half interview process were they asked in the first half some conceptual questions and the second half some coding questions. most of the questions were some algorithms puzzles and some others were related to data structures.

Interview Questions

• write some code to identify that a binary tree is a binary tree and not something else   1 Answer

Application

Interview

tl;dr: some of their offices are just renovated and may not have snacks around. Bring some by yourself if you get hungry easily during interviews.

I had 2 phone calls with them before visiting onsite. The first was the recruiter and the second hiring manager. They're mostly about past experience and no coding interview included.

During onsite visit I met 5 people. The first interviewer asked behavioral questions and a brain teaser. The second asked C++ OOP (e.g. multiple inheritance) and coding. The 3rd and 4th, one of which was by remote conferencing, were about some background knowledge of the project I'm applying to. And the last was the hiring manager who also took me to their cafe for lunch. It seems they just switched to agile workflow so they emphasize a lot on how well you could work under agile environment.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, brain teaser, C++ OOP (e.g. multiple inheritance) and coding   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was reached out through Linkedin. The interview was setup the next week. There was six rounds of interview lasting an hour each. They asked questions ranging from previous experience, current work, algorithms, TDD, White Board question. I got feedback within the next day. Negotiated the salary over a couple of days.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, who really pushed the process. Recruiter spoke to what to expect, types of questions to expect, even spoke to what to wear and the weather in San Jose, which I am well aware of. The interview was to be with three people, one cancelled.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that I was proud of.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Went in for the interview, interviewer greeted and talked about himself, then talked about my resume, behavioral questions about how I would deal with certain types of people in a group setting, told me more about his team in Cisco and the life there.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with someone in a group setting that is aggressive towards you?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Most questions about how your experiences can be applied to the job titles. Normally there would be two more interviews after the phone screening. However, there was 99% chance that I did not pass the phone screening.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

applied online and got a phone call from HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

good experience

DevOps Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

For the Hiring and Interview Process, It took me only 1 hour for interview, two engineers and one manager for onsite process, it depends on which group are you in

Services Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I was referred by an Employee through Cisco's internal process. I received a call and they flew me to HQ. I met with several people that rotated in and had about 4 interviews about 30 minutes each with various levels and functions. I was told peer interviews were part of their process

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Initial Phone screen with counterpart, You meet with at least 5-6 people, mostly the principles you will work or, if they want you they start Background check, was easy to do with their technology.

Interview Questions

• Describe examples to back up my resume skills   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much of an increase from previous employer. The particular dept was on the lower side of the scale for salary for admin. Was able to take the temp position and get turned into FT because they really wanted me.