Cisco Systems Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.9

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Seven rounds of interview. Was asked to code algorithms. Fluency in programming languages was assessed well. Knowledge of software engineering principles is a must. Overall, the difficulty level is moderate. I wouldnt rate this as difficult in any way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was three part, with one engineer for the first and third sessions, and an interview with a product manager and another engineer for the second. Interviewer #1 frequently left the interview and was busy on his own work throughout. Interview #2 was culture fit, interview #3 was pleasant with a friendly engineer.

Interview Questions

• Build a deck of cards, represented by strings and each card's suit and value separated by a string.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Phone screen a couple of times with manager and sr engineer. On-site with engineering director, hiring manager and senior staff engineers. HR offered a day later after back-and-forth negotiation about salary.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied online. I received an email to schedule a phone interview approximately after a month. The interview lasted for 1 hour, on phone. I was also asked to write code in an online editor. I was asked to write 2-3 small programs on string operations. I got the offer and interned at Cisco.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I had a on-campus interview. Fairly easy. Mostly networking related questions.
    I had taken a network security course and the interview asked questions related to that.
    Describe IP spoofing attack and how to prevent/detect it.

Interview Questions

• Describe IP spoofing attack and how to prevent/detect it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

a whole day interview. 3 managers interviewed me. It was a new grad hire. It started with a campus tour and then 3 managers asked different technical questions. The interview was for choice program and so they are not necessarily hiring managers. Be honest at the interview. If you do not have some background in certain tech or programming, just let them know. They do not expect you know everything.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview wasn't that hard. Basic DS questions and Java. Overall, it was a positive experience. I had 2 phone interview, pretty basic and some technical questions. They kept it pretty basic. We went over my resume which included school activities, extra-curriculum, any relevant experiences etc. I had the opportunity to visit the campus and met different managers.

Interview Questions

• Check whether binary Tree is Sub-Tree. Check whether one word is an anagram   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Nice people but hard questions. one phone and one onsite with 4 people interviewed, all technical questions, no behavior questions. It took more than half a day. All are coding skill questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Terrible experience!!!! After the interview, the hiring manger calls and extends an offer verbally, and then for a week no response from them at all. Tried reaching them via email, phone, absolutely no response. Finally the recruiter is available on his mobile and he says they cannot give a certain Grade , and a certain salary, I still say its ok please give me an offer letter. He says he will get back to me by the EOD and no response. Next week I call the recruiter again and now he says the req is closed and in turn blames me for not responding on time.
    Clearly, looks like the hiring manger extended an offer but later they changed their mind and they have no idea how to communicate this to me, so did all sorts of things to make me drop the ball and when I did not they say the req is closed.

Did not expect this from a reputable organization like Cisco. Terrible , terrible hiring process!! I feel interviewees should be give some respect when they take time to come onsite and spend a day.

No point taking names, but I just wish this would be addressable and not be repeated for future candidates.

Interview Questions

• Data structure/algo questions and some low level questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

The inteview was hard and detailed. I had 9 interviews in a day and they covered the details of all the work I had done previously. It was a tiring and a pleasant experience at the same time.