Cisco Systems Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

2.3

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Pretty lax setting. I couldn't get an interview scheduled with someone in my city, so I had to interview with someone from the San Jose campus. Not a big issue, since I could still interview in person at my school. Started out with him describing his role, then talking about my resume and experience, and one abstract routing problem.

Interview Questions

• A question about designing an efficient routing algorithm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Went through a phone screen, followed by a onsite visit, where I talked to 3 pairs of engineers, and the hiring manager. The interview went well by all accounts, and the manager asked for my references the next day. Upon contacting my references who said nothing but good things about me (this is beyond any doubt), sent me a rejection email citing fleeting "team fit" reasons. At no time during the interview was there any discussion of collaboration styles etc. To add insult to injury, he wasted not just my time but the time of my references; you just don't ask for those until you're ready to make an offer. First time I got a rejection after getting my references checked in my entire career... highly disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Silly/unimaginative programming questions, like testing two strings for being anagrams of each other.

Design a change machine that accepts arbitrary monetary amount and produces change change in fixed denominations.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through college and was scheduled for face to face at school itself. Interviewer was friendly and asked about current projects. I thought it went well bud didn't hear back from them. They were majorly focusing for JAVA developers and I'm more into .net and web technologies which might be the reason for rejection.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Seattle, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

The process was surprisingly pleasant and laid back. This was for a contract position, which gave me some hesitancy at first, but Cisco values and respects contractors (C-workers) the same as direct hires.
    There appeared to be some urgency to fill the vacancy on the team, so the interview process was brief. I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. After an email exchange to verify my interest and suitability for the position, I had a phone screen with recruiter, after which a phone screen was set up with the hiring manager. After about 10 minutes of questions, I was invited to come onsite for an extended interview. I was somewhat surprised by this because I didn't feel I did all that well in the phone interview, but it turns out I had the balance of technical and management background they were looking for.
    This interview was with the hiring manager only and lasted about an hour. After an icebreaker, I was asked general questions about my background - the style was conversational - it was up to me to impress and tell stories that highlighted my skills and accomplishments.

I received a contract offer about 5 days after my onsite interview and accepted the offer.

---

Some helpful thoughts:

1. One thing that I have learned job is sometimes they are looking for certain skills or background and they may have difficulty finding that in the hiring area. They might lower their standards a little if you are a local hire.

2. If things seem disorganized, it's because the teams at Cisco can be very busy. I don't know how my boss finds time to conduct interviews. It's a high paced but rewarding environment - busy during the day, not too much late night or weekend work.

3. The work can be tough sometimes but I'm really enjoying working with Cisco. I'm learning a lot and working with great people. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• if I asked about your weaknesses, what would your current or former boss say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Attended a job fair at my university and dropped off my resume. Got an email a couple weeks later asking for an interview.I had one on campus interview which constituted of basic questions regarding multiple process handling,multi threaded programming. Also, there were questions related to networking basics and my past projects and experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you become interested in engineering, knowledge of networks, favorite coding language was, some basic behavioral/fit questions   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Very low key interview, the recruiter is extremely nice and helpful. She even ask me question like what do you like to do outside of work. Later she explains she likes to hire people who can balance work life and personal life

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

I interviewed for two positions: one in software engineering and one in IT engineering.

I applied for both interviews on the school job website and after the deadline they emailed me about a week later requesting time slots to sign up to interview at.

I interviewed with a software engineering professional first from the local area on campus. She gave me entirely behavioral questions with absolutely no technical questions which was very surprising. She asked me questions: Where would you like to work after graduation? What programming languages do you know and what classes have you taken? What do you think is the most interesting thing about technology? What do you know about Cisco?

She also asked me a lot about the stuff I had on my resume and almost every single job experience I had on there as well. She asked about clubs too.

The IT Engineering interview consisted of a webex interview because the interviewer had to rush home in the middle of the day. She asked more scenario questions and some testing questions as well on products. The first round interviews were pretty short and consisted of less than 30 minutes each.

After a couple weeks when I got a counter offer I emailed Cisco and they sped up the second round interview and had me fill in a background check. The second round interview for the IT engineering position was also webex and the questions were more about the projects that I had done outside of class and what I knew about data and engineering. They got back to me a couple business days after that because I had a conflicting deadline.

Interview Questions

• The entire interview process was pretty easy and straightforward with mainly behavioral questions. Just remember to have a good explanation and demonstration of extracurriculars and projects.   Answer Question

IT Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

One in person interview, took about 30 minutes. Interviewer was friendly and easy to talk to. They took a long time to get back to me after the interview itself - probably about two weeks.

IT Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied via my University's career fair. They got back to me in about a week and scheduled an interview a week after that. Interview was a casul conversation. They ask you what you want to get out of working at Cisco, the challenges you've overcome in past job experiences, and where you see youself in the near future.

Interview Questions

• Articulating my past job experiences because I didn't have any difficult jobs in the past.   Answer Question

Junior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Seattle, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

Got a job offer through staffing company.

Interview Questions

• I did a project during my college level.The recruiter asked questions relevant to my project.I answered to all my questions.   Answer Question