Cisco Systems Senior Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

All video-based interviews, was for internal role, so process was easier being an internal employee. Offer moved quickly, no "out of bounds" questions, everyone was very gracious and open.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Great interview with Department Head/Hiring Manager. Manager had previous experience as a Project Manager both in education, but in actual work assignments. Manager created an open discussion environment where any question can be asked by either party.

Interview Questions

• What was your most successful Project?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I had worked for the hiring manager at a previous company and was offered the job at onsite interview in San Jose.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted initial Job offer as it was 20% better than existing job salary and benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2010.

Interview

Had at least 7 interviewers. Questions were easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I was called in for the interview by the HR department. On the day of the interview I met the HR rep., the hiring manager, and 3 other members of the team. I was offered the position via phone call on my way home from the interview.

Interview Questions

• To describe a situation where I had difficulty working with a co-worker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

It was casual and informative.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal what would it be? and why?   2 Answers

Negotiation

It was really fair and I felt taken care of completely.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

- Interviewed based on an internal referral.
    - A PM, not the hiring mngr, was assigned the task to screen all candidates.
    - I asked detailed questions about job description. Found out later the screening PM had written the job description and took my questions as a slam.

Interview Questions

• Did you have an opportunity to review the job description?   2 Answers
    • The job description is an exact description of the job, and describes the position precisely. But if you insist, where are you having problems with the job description?   2 Answers