Cisco Systems Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I took part in three steps:
1. Skills quiz with 50 questions which need be solved for 30 minutes. There were 5 different themes in the quiz: Groovy/Java, Gradle, Docker, Logical
2. Phone interview. Questions about my experience and some general questions about technologies like "what are benefits of using DI?".
3. Face to face interview with three people. I was asked about understanding different technologies, drawing on the board a scheme of a simple web service.

Interview Questions

• What is docker and how do you understand it? What are the benefits of using docker?   1 Answer
  • How React virtual DOM is redrawn?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was one telephonic screening round after which they called me for 4 rounds of face to face interview. I have attended in person in their office in San Jose and the whole process took approximately 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers and a target N, find all those pairs in that array whose sum is equal to N.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I applied this position through employee referral. It was two rounds of panel interviews. Focus mostly on relevant experience, well rounded touching various aspects of the role. After which they asked me for references and I think both the interview and the feedback from references played a key role in the selection process.

Interview Questions

• I performed a technical volunteering role that touches various engineering organization, they asked me about the challenges in that role and how I handled them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Carlsbad, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy. Just be calm and talk about your past projects and latest technologies that you are into. Make sure to prepare some questions for them. If you get some of the panel talking they might even talk more than you about what they are doing! Definitely, a lot of super nice people at this company who like to share there experiences with you.

Interview Questions

• More abstract questions about what you have worked on. How you were able to build something. What it took to get it out the door and into production.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I got the interview through referral. The manager and HR handled the scheduling really well. First was phone interview through cisco webex. I was given a task to write a program related to parsing strings. After the phone interview, I was scheduled for multiple tech interviews 4 rounds over webex itself that encompassed compiler related, string manipulation, linked list, regex, 1 system design question related to parallel processing on multi server system

Interview Questions

• string manipulation, linked list selection, system design for optimum throughput and responsive   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview procedure starts with a phone interview for around 1 hour first and followed by an onsite interview which went up to 6 hours by 4 team members and a managerial round.The questions are mostly from what I mentioned in my CV and I felt none of the interviewers deviate from that.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are from L2 / L3 like questions based on protocol BFD , ospf and inter vlan routing.
      TCL script.
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Middle level difficulty. 5 people panel to perform the interview. I apply engineer position. Two people are not professional or expertise on the area. I provided answers but they may not understand exactly, and kept questioning me the issue which is not right. I am kind of disappointed for the questions

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty Straight forward, telephonic interview with an engineer. If that does well there will be an onsite interview for about 3-4 hours with different team members. The results can be after one week or it might take some time depending upon the companies hiring state. Sometime it can be as fast as 2 days and sometimes if the position is frozen there won't be any news :-(.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Interview

Pretty smooth. Had a phone interview with hiring manager and team member. Then onsite with members of team. Very pleasant attitude. More a discussion of past projects and current technologies. Recruiter was pretty prompt and easy to communicate with. Had a chance to speak with the director as well before accepting offer. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Mostly about past experience and project details.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

had 10 hours of interview 5 hours each. questions were not difficult everything in the areas of data structures, OS fundamentals and c programming. Interviewed for development engineer and the its a 1:1 type interview where each interviewer spends 1 hr with me. They started asking C-programming questions the 2nd minute itself. all the interviewers are really nice and friendly, except one person who acted very weird, showing attitude as if Cisco is standing just because of him, working on his laptop, replying emails, saying "shoot..", come on.. etc etc . I did not had a mood to answer him.

Interview Questions

• the hiring manager sitting next to me and asking me to write a c program on his laptop, which I did not expect.   Answer Question