Cisco Systems Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2017

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for the interview 2 months back and one day out of blue, I got an email that we have scheduled an interview with one of the technical lead with 2 options. Please provide your availibility. I responded by saying No to both the times and asked to reschedule as I have my Production planned on same day. Changed the timing last minute and gave a timing of 2 pm EST. Interviewer calls me 2 hrs before and tell me I might have confused with the timing (even though I have email). Anyway, interview went well and he told me that wait for the next steps. I am still waiting ..... 1 months. I know I am not a snowflake or Ex-googler but if I spend 1 hr on the interview, company HR should respond with atleast a response (if not a detailed feedback). Pathetic process. Wouldn't apply or entertain call from Cisco anymore.

Interview Questions

• Microservices and Rest API. Very generic technical interview   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The interview was largely focussed on past projects I had done because I had considerable experience in the area - networking, 802.11, QoS, roaming. Written programming test on data structures and bit manipulation.

Interview Questions

• What were the cons of the existing QoS framework in 802.11   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

After I had applied for a position through a former colleague, I was contacted by one of the engineers to set up a phone interview a week later. The interview was conducted via webex.

Interview Questions

• Given an array (unsorted) numbers how would you find every pair of numbers that add up to a given sum?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online after looking at open position on LinkedIn. Within a few days received an email about technical phone screening. Phone screening was followed by 2 separate WebEx technical interviews over next 3-4 weeks. And the final round was with hiring manager and was mix of technical/behavioral questions. Overall all the interviewers were friendly and were professional. At the end of final interview hiring manager appreciated me about some of my qualities that the interviewers had observed and told me that they are interviewing more candidates and will make sure to pass on the final feedback. But I never received a final feedback. I tried to reach out to the recruiter a couple times later but there wasn't any response and my profile was just taken off their careers portal. This was a real disappointment by a reputed company. Every company has right to select best candidate but they should also respect other candidates and make sure to pass on the feedback.

Interview Questions

• Mix of questions on Frontend/Backed - about data structutes - how hashmap works, find middle of linked list, REST api questions, designing a REST api URLs, Design a UI modal window from scratch   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I took part in three steps:
    1. Skills quiz with 50 questions which need be solved for 30 minutes. There were 5 different themes in the quiz: Groovy/Java, Gradle, Docker, Logical
    2. Phone interview. Questions about my experience and some general questions about technologies like "what are benefits of using DI?".
    3. Face to face interview with three people. I was asked about understanding different technologies, drawing on the board a scheme of a simple web service.

Interview Questions

• What is docker and how do you understand it? What are the benefits of using docker?   1 Answer
    • How React virtual DOM is redrawn?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was one telephonic screening round after which they called me for 4 rounds of face to face interview. I have attended in person in their office in San Jose and the whole process took approximately 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers and a target N, find all those pairs in that array whose sum is equal to N.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I applied this position through employee referral. It was two rounds of panel interviews. Focus mostly on relevant experience, well rounded touching various aspects of the role. After which they asked me for references and I think both the interview and the feedback from references played a key role in the selection process.

Interview Questions

• I performed a technical volunteering role that touches various engineering organization, they asked me about the challenges in that role and how I handled them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Carlsbad, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy. Just be calm and talk about your past projects and latest technologies that you are into. Make sure to prepare some questions for them. If you get some of the panel talking they might even talk more than you about what they are doing! Definitely, a lot of super nice people at this company who like to share there experiences with you.

Interview Questions

• More abstract questions about what you have worked on. How you were able to build something. What it took to get it out the door and into production.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I got the interview through referral. The manager and HR handled the scheduling really well. First was phone interview through cisco webex. I was given a task to write a program related to parsing strings. After the phone interview, I was scheduled for multiple tech interviews 4 rounds over webex itself that encompassed compiler related, string manipulation, linked list, regex, 1 system design question related to parallel processing on multi server system

Interview Questions

• string manipulation, linked list selection, system design for optimum throughput and responsive   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview procedure starts with a phone interview for around 1 hour first and followed by an onsite interview which went up to 6 hours by 4 team members and a managerial round.The questions are mostly from what I mentioned in my CV and I felt none of the interviewers deviate from that.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are from L2 / L3 like questions based on protocol BFD , ospf and inter vlan routing.
      TCL script.   Answer Question