Cisco Systems Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The 1st round interview was all behavioral analysis. The two interviewers were nice and engaged the whole time. However, they did ask a repeat question 3 times, although they worded it differently each time. Overall, an enjoyable interview process that was easy going and not too tough. The one complaint would probably be that they took very long to get back about the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about challenges you have faced and how you overcame them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Email contacted me after application. Then one on one, behavioral and technical questions, about 75% technical questions, linked lists, internet protocols, bit manipulation, Unix, courses taken, personal projects, SQL/database experience, why this job, my skill set.

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

the interview process took about two weeks. There was a phone interview followed by a 1:1 interview. The second round was with four people but the questions were very basic related to programming. Not much to do on whiteboad

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

1) 1-2 Phone Screening
    2) normally 1 round of Technical On-site Interview with 4-6 Engineers. Questions ranging from Coding to Solving Design problem including Behavior Interviews.
    3) at time there maybe 2nd round interview.

Interview Questions

• C-coding: ranging from atomic operation(s) to strings/pointers manipulations, little/big Indians, algorithms.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview Questions

• First round telephonic interview which was quite easy with all basic questions on java and sql then was scheduled with second telephonic round which had 8 people interviewing me   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

I found the position through a staffing agency who set up the initial screening call. After a satisfactory conversation (high level discussion of experience), I was scheduled for an onsite interview. The onsite interview featured two 1:1 interviews by separate sw engineers that entailed detailed coding answers to various questions and some questions regarding the particular protocol (SNMP) in the development project.

Interview Questions

• Code a binary search tree, insert and delete functions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, this was a contract position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Got a interview after a job fair. It was my first interview and I feel I blew it.

Interview Questions

• How to reverse a signly linked list without using a extra node   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

I got a call from the HR department that I have been shortlisted for the interview. I made them clear several times that my profile being different from the required technology, I may not be fit for the role.

They assured me that I would be interviewed over my own technology.

Taking an off from the office and travelling all the way to Cisco and then facing interview for the technology I never even worked on, was obviously a negative impression.

It's a hearty request to the HRs to please value the time and effort of the candidates as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Referral to the position came from a colleague and happened about 2 weeks after the application was submitted. The process ended with a generic email out of blue stating the position was awarded to a candidate more qualified. Never even received a call back from the recruiter after numerous calls. Finally received an email saying the same thing as the generic email with no further details. The process was very unprofesssional.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

It was fully technical. Interview was for half an hour. Interviewer was very friendly. Still its under process. Hope I will get offer. 1) She gave me one hexadecimal number and told to convert to decimal.
    2) Intersection of two string. Result must be a string.
    3) Define class and interfaces for elevator.

Interview Questions

• 1) She gave me one hexadecimal number and told to convert to decimal.
      2) Intersection of two string. Result must be a string.
      3) Define class and interfaces for elevator.   Answer Question