Cisco Systems Software Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Software Development Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Smooth process with friendly atmosphere.
Questions were exactly like those in glassdoor.
If you prepare all the questions posted in this site, you can crack interview. They were looking for a little experienced person hence i did not fit the category.

Interview Questions

• What is a mutex, semaphore,deadlock,priority inversion, Arrays coding question   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

hiring was through an off campus process . one written test followed by two rounds of interview -1) technical round
                    2) hr round which was conducted on the phone.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Stressed mostly on the basics of c, microcontrollers, opearting systems and dara structures   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

A phone interview, 1 speed test, 3 technichal interview , 1 HR round

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question of Dynamic programming which took me 45 minutes to solve   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2007.

Interview

Referred by friend. Phone call set up the interview. The interview process was very impersonal (a cookie cutter interview consisting of 5 back-to-back technical interviews where the interviewers came with a sheet of set questions.) that was more of solving programming trivia (eg. linked list, ++p or p++, etc)

Interview Questions

I got the impression that it was all about work (the interview lasted until 9.00 pm and pretty much everyone was still working on the floor that I was on). They did not ask me anything about my background, the experience that I would bring, any technical problems that I faced in my work and how they were dealt with (gave me the impression that your past is not relevant). With 10+ years of experience, I was not asked any design questions but stupid programming trivia (which is ok within limits) about how to increment pointers, how to do recursion, and how to mask bits!

Before the the offer, I got a better position in my, at that time current, company so decided to stick with it.