Cisco Systems Software Engineer III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Software Engineer III Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2016

3.3

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

attended 4 rounds of interview. Cleared phone screening first and then next interview focused on technical stuff followed by coding of logic and explanation and final round of interview focused on compensation

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Came in through the 2007 choice program. Met a recruiter at university, had a 1:1 interview, then was scheduled to come on-site to interview with 3 engineers. The questions were very easy probably because they wanted to get younger people into the company.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Phone screening by 2 people from the same team where job requirement is posted.
    All the questions were related to the actual work. No nonsense like puzzles pulled from internet.
    Took almost 2 weeks to finalize the onsite interview. Interview was for full day(10am to 4pm)
    4 people interviewed. All the interview questions were related to job, technology and programming. Full professionalism is displayed.
    Took almost 1.5 months to declare the offer. I did followup 2 times by emails. I did interview well so was expecting call, which I finally did.

Interview Questions

• Binary tree traversals - answered.
      Sorting algorithms - didn't expect but answered.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate as the offered salary was market value at that time.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

* quick phone interview, basic resume review and a couple quick OS questions
    * 6 1 hr sessions on webex. all interviews were done remotely
    * easy questions
    * took a long time to get an offer, but accepted in the end.

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2011.

Interview

They were some very basic software questions. If you studied C and basic multiple threading/process, you should have no issue. They first called me and discussed my work in school, without asking real questions. Then, they let me onsite. When onsite, 5 people interviewed me. They are generally very nice. The questions are easy.

Interview Questions

• 1, copy contents from one memory to another.
      2, given a multiple threading situation, ask you what is maximum number it can get, what is the minimum number.
      3, BST tree traverse.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Process was straight forward , I had to talk to 4 technical members in the team and 2 managers.Questions were technical around the area which I had already reviewed , they also discussed about programming.Fit was an important area which they discussed and gave an opportunity to have Lunch with the team and not just the manager and the team made me feel comfortable in the Group Lunch

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Richardson, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

I submitted an application to the Cisco Choice program at a career fair at my university. I had previously been an intern at Cisco and listed my old manager as a reference. I got a call and was invited to attend an interview session data at the Richardson campus. I was interviewed by 3 people, each with their own set of technical and behavioral questions. After that, we toured the campus and then went home.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a boolean logic riddle:

You are walking and arrive at a dead end with 2 doors. You must get past this, but you are told that only one door is correct, leading you on your path and the other door is not correct and leads to something perilous. In front of each door is a guard. One guard always tells the truth and the other always lies. You may ask one of the guards one question, and then you must pick your door and go through it. What question do you ask, which door do you pick based on the answer, and why?

This is actually not that hard once you realize that it's a boolean algebra problem, but I was surprised that I was asked that question.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much to negotiate since I did not have to relocate.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

- 6 rounds including an interview by director.
    - Interview styles changed with individuals
    - Interview included both conceptual questions and coding. First phone interview needed coding on a shared screen

Interview Questions

• In depth question on interrupt handling by linux kernel   1 Answer

Negotiation

Company was not very "negotiation-friendly"

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

It was very similar to any other big company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I din't negotiate well

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Phone interview was done first. Then I was called for an onsite interview. All the team members interviewed for half a day. Each spent 45 minutes. Mostly questions were all asked from what I did. My interview was maily for installation experience and java needs. Questions from Installshield were asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do not give a range for your salary expectation. Give exactly how much do you want in the application.