Cisco Systems Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (UC Berkeley, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview conducted at Berkeley career center after giving my resume at career fair, and talking to software lead, who was impressed with my resume, and asked me a simple question on how java classes worked. Interview itself was conducted by one of his engineers, who did not appreciate me over dressing him. Interview questions were standard binary search with some adjustments, etc. Received a message a few weeks after that I did not get the internship, though this was expected because I only answered half of the rather detailed design/programming questions correctly.

Interview Questions

• There are ten buckets of lead weights, with nine of them having equal weights of 10 grams each, while one of them has weights of 11 grams each. You want to find out which bucket has weights of 11 grams each, by using a scale, but you can only turn on the scale once.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

It was to be an on site interview, but because of last minute issues, I did a webex phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me basic things like stuff about single linked list and how to figure out at what point do 2 single linked lists merge. Also he asked puzzle kind of questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Handed them my resume at campus career fair. Was contacted over the next week or so. Passed the first phone interview which was very easy. Simply for loop question that built from the next question he asked. Then rejected at the second phone interview, this tech asked a much more difficult question for me.

Interview Questions

• Second interview question: giving a phone number return all the number key combinations for that phone number   5 Answers

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The length of the interview is about 45 minutes. Several questions about my projects (the most interesting projects I have done and the most challenging project I have done), previous experience and courses I plan to take during my graduate studies. No technical questions so the entire interview is pretty relaxing.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

They were at our job fair at my school and took interviews the next day.

Interview Questions

• They asked how to traverse a linked list, how to delete and add a node, and complexities of a linked list. Nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I submitted my resume to the recruiter via career fair at my university. I was called shortly after to sign up for interviews on my university campus. The interview was very easy, and I was offered the job a week or two later. There was no on site interview, which was strange to me. Everything went very smoothly and the recruiter was very receptive and timely on answering emails.

Interview Questions

• Given a limited amount of RAM, how would you sort an entire disks worth of data?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2008.

Interview

I first applied through the school website for the position and I was contacted 1 week after for an on-campus interview. It was only one 30-45 minute interview, where the interviewer asked me a lot of HR questions, and some technical questions. I prepared beforehand by studying algorithms, data structures like hash tables, trees, avl trees, and linked lists. After the interview, I was contacted 2 weeks later by email, where I needed to make an appointment to talk with the recruiter about furthuring the process. When I spoke with them on the phone, they offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not really negotiate the pay because it is my first internship, and I didn't really know how to negotiate. If i was given the opportunitiy to negotiate again, I would try to get a higher salary.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2007.

Interview

The company took all the students interviewing for intern or full-time positions out to dinner the night before interviews started, the diner was meant as a casual meet the interviewer event. The next day I interviewed with an experienced engineer, he mainly asked me behavioral questions followed by a brain teaser and a probability question.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you had to work with someone who you found difficult to work with.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Really relaxed. Asked me some behavioral questions and then two technical quesitons.

Interview Questions

• Implement a selection sort, and then he asked me: Given a single-elimination tournament with 99 players, how many games must be played until there is one winner left.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

My hiring process was a bit out of the ordinary, I had one interview with an engineer which mainly consisted of questions about my background and behavioral. I got the offer a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.