Cisco Systems Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

2.6

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the recruiter via career fair at my university. I was called shortly after to sign up for interviews on my university campus. The interview was very easy, and I was offered the job a week or two later. There was no on site interview, which was strange to me. Everything went very smoothly and the recruiter was very receptive and timely on answering emails.

Interview Questions

• Given a limited amount of RAM, how would you sort an entire disks worth of data?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

They were at our job fair at my school and took interviews the next day.

Interview Questions

• They asked how to traverse a linked list, how to delete and add a node, and complexities of a linked list. Nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The length of the interview is about 45 minutes. Several questions about my projects (the most interesting projects I have done and the most challenging project I have done), previous experience and courses I plan to take during my graduate studies. No technical questions so the entire interview is pretty relaxing.

Application

Interview

Handed them my resume at campus career fair. Was contacted over the next week or so. Passed the first phone interview which was very easy. Simply for loop question that built from the next question he asked. Then rejected at the second phone interview, this tech asked a much more difficult question for me.

Interview Questions

• Second interview question: giving a phone number return all the number key combinations for that phone number   4 Answers

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

It was to be an on site interview, but because of last minute issues, I did a webex phone interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me basic things like stuff about single linked list and how to figure out at what point do 2 single linked lists merge. Also he asked puzzle kind of questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Really relaxed. Asked me some behavioral questions and then two technical quesitons.

Interview Questions

• Implement a selection sort, and then he asked me: Given a single-elimination tournament with 99 players, how many games must be played until there is one winner left.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (College Park, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

Got call through Univ career fair. Resume based interview and 2 simple c programs, few questions on pointers. It went well, but didn't get selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (UC Berkeley, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview conducted at Berkeley career center after giving my resume at career fair, and talking to software lead, who was impressed with my resume, and asked me a simple question on how java classes worked. Interview itself was conducted by one of his engineers, who did not appreciate me over dressing him. Interview questions were standard binary search with some adjustments, etc. Received a message a few weeks after that I did not get the internship, though this was expected because I only answered half of the rather detailed design/programming questions correctly.

Interview Questions

• There are ten buckets of lead weights, with nine of them having equal weights of 10 grams each, while one of them has weights of 11 grams each. You want to find out which bucket has weights of 11 grams each, by using a scale, but you can only turn on the scale once.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

My hiring process was a bit out of the ordinary, I had one interview with an engineer which mainly consisted of questions about my background and behavioral. I got the offer a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Ithaca, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

I was given an interview through my campus career fair at Cornell University. I stopped by the Cisco booth and then the recruiter led me behind the table and did a speed interview about my resume for 10 minutes. She then scheduled an interview for the day after. The interview lasted around 30-45 minutes. I was asked questions about my experience, behavioral questions, as well as a few technical questions regarding arrays and linked lists.
    I received an internship offer a few weeks later and the process ran smoothly from there on out.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about finding the kth to last element in a singly linked list?   2 Answers