Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2010.

Interview

The hiring process, from the job applicant perspective, includes several steps. From the time you apply for a job until the time you accept a job offer, you will go through a series of steps as you progress through the hiring process from completing a job application to coming on board as a new employee.

Interview Questions

• Played string manipulation questions a lot   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

got a call from manager went over CV arranged for a interview through webex. Talked asked about my current experience and threads, dead locks, datastructures, css, javascript basic questions, asked to write double linked list program, string reversal, they would accept any language you are comfortable in.

Interview Questions

• String concatination, how canyou write a better concatination with out using existing menthods like .concat etc... can a dead lock happen with three threads, the job description has nothing to do with these questions. The concentration was on basics of programming, was asked to write doule linked list program...if you are comfortable with sting programs and linked list concepts it is very easy to crack   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I was directly called for an onsite interview. Couple of guys asked programming questions on the board. They were usually hard questions. The interviewers were friendly guys from different nations. The whole process took about 2 hours.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2014.

Interview

I was asked a technical question on Machine Learning during the recruiting at a Career Fair straight away while reviewing my Resume. The question was on the possibility of separating houses for a Realtor into various clusters. I answered the question by proposing a Decision Tree (ID3 Algorithm) or a Linear Separator, depending on the number of features that the test data had.
    I then was offered a phone interview, where I was a standard question regarding Data Structures and Algorithms. (Can't spit out the details, sorry).

Interview Questions

• The question regarding the Data Structures was difficult because at best I could get a run-time of O(kn), or O(nlog(n)), but that wasn't close enough to O(n), which is what they wanted.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview, meet director; the interview is relative straightforward with some programming test. Two rounds of interviews with team members; questions are ok. Some are tough ones deeper into Cisco IOS and industry trend

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smooth

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Simple standard steps for programming language of C. Unix internal IPC communication mechanics
    Bit operation and general networking protocols basic.
    45 min each of 4 people interview in one afternoon long.
    Link list and pointers and structures in C

Interview Questions

• Data structure and algorithms   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume and was called back for an interview. Was only a sophomore and he asked questions that were beyond my coding experience. These included stuff about speeding up a program and how to refer to its stackframe. Could have killed it if i came more prepared.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2010.

Interview

Multiple one on one interviews with team members over multiple days. This was many years ago and the hiring process is much more structured now. Back then the company was small and growing rapidly.

Interview Questions

• Why doesn't Utah have more rock concerts?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negations.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Cisco hiring is very intensive. It is a 5 round process. Usually they will ask whats on your resume.
    They will test your automation skills. It ends with talk with Project manager and Director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Baltimore, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

It's SourceFire in Baltimore. There is a phone interview and code assignment before onsite. All about C question like tell output, find bug. This company is doing network security so must prepare C coding and network question

Interview Questions

• what will happen when use strtoken in multithreading environment   Answer Question