Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Online application followed by a phone interview. This was followed by a in-house interview. I interviewed at Cisco Milpitas. The overall experience was quite pleasant and I gained a lot of insight into the hardware world

Interview Questions

• Basics of programming in Python   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter over mail.
    1st round: With Manager.
    General resume based questions

2nd Round: Technical Phone screen.
    Java conceptual questions
    REST related questions

3rd Round: Onsite. Interview with 4 engineers

Interview Questions

• Given a hashmap of each alphabet to a number and given a string find all possible combination of the word with the substitution from the hashmap
      Ex: hm = { a:1, b:2….} str = ‘abc’
      Result: ‘abc’, ‘1bc’, ‘12c’,’123’ etc   Answer Question
    • Print complete binary tree level by level   Answer Question
    • Find mid element in a LinkedList   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

I applied online and didn't hear back for a few months, got an update in December to check if I was still interested in the position. Interviewed in February, it was a Webex interview of forty-five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Recursion, stack vs heap, tries, binary search.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Called for phone screening.
    Later 1:1 phone interview
    basic technical questions
    test knowledge networking and operating systems
    5 rounds of interviews.
    HR called in for confirmation.
    Take longer time to respond.

Fragommen slow response for immigration questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Austin, TX) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very good. There were a few rounds of technical interviews which was followed up with being flown to Austin, TX for an in-person series of interviews. I really enjoyed the process, it was very well put together and I had a lot of fun going through it all.

Interview Questions

• The questions were more based on how you think through problems, opposed to presenting quickly answered questions. For example, how would you go about solving problem 'x', when only presenting with 'y' information.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2019.

Interview

The in-person, 45-minute interview was held on campus. The interviewer was an engineer.
    It seemed as if the interviewer did not know how to conduct interviews. Most of the interview was spent lecturing me on how a computer works. The interviewer made it seem as if my answers were completely incorrect if they did not exactly match his. The interviewer also used his phone a few times, yet took no notes of any kind during the interview. The interviewer only barely glanced at my resume within the last 5 minutes of the interview. After that, I had a chance to ask the interviewer questions. We also ran over-time, and the interviewer acted as if it was my fault.

Interview Questions

• What are the advantages of using the stack versus using the heap?   Answer Question
    • General questions about computer architecture.   Answer Question

Cisco Systems Response

Oct 29, 2019 – A member of the #WeAreCisco nation - HR team

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We have informed our University Recruiting Team for the Engineering function about your negative experience. In relaying this information to the larger team, we will be monitoring interview reviews closely so we can made adjustments as needed!

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Hacker rank test
    2. 3 rounds of onsite.
    Asked questions on trees, stack. Writing code along with test cases is important.
    Hacker rank questions were basically based on array and string.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

Cisco WebEx Team i interviewed for Senior Android Engg.
    Basic phone interview followed by
    Small assignment and 3 rounds of onsite interview.
    Interview question was around DS, Android concepts, MVC,MVVM design pattern, Short algorithm questions.

Interview Questions

• What is difference between MVVM and MVC design pattern?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a 3 round interview process.1.Technical Questions (Core java, spring, Hibernate, Database) related 2. White boarding - Coding round 3. Generic questions regarding your previous experience and How would you deal with real time problems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I talked to a recruiter on campus and they scheduled me for an interview the next week. Went to their office and was interviewed by two people. One asked about my Java skills and other asked more about my understanding of networks.