Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.9

481 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

First there is a phone screen where the hiring manager goes over some basic networking questions. If selected for onsite it will be a full day interview . Totally 6 rounds and each round for about 45 mins - 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Entry level expectations are CCNA specific questions and some scripting,coding questions. Higher levels will be based on what is mentioned in the Resume and the Job description.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for Software Engineer - Masters position online and received an invitation for an online WebEx video interview after about 3 weeks. The interview ended up being audio only. The interviewer started off with a resume review followed by a coding question and an algorithm. He saw that most of my projects were in Python so he asked me to code in Python.

I felt that the main question he asked was a bit weird and could not gauge what he exactly expected. When i could not answer it completely, I was not satisfied with his answer and explanation. Received a reject after 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about one of your projects

Q: Tell me about your internship

Q: What have you done in your Master's so far?

Q: What is your area of interest & why?

Q: Your are given 2 files. One with a list of keywords and the other with text. Count the occurrences of the keywords in the other text file. The other text file is extremely large, so how would you go about doing this?

Q: Merge sort   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

multiple interviews. combination of technical, coding and experience related. multiple team members interviewed on different topics. interested in cultural fit. 4-5 hours total interview time. interview was onsite. it was a good experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I spoke to Cisco briefly at a career fair at my college and I received a text message to schedule an on-campus interview a day later. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. In the first half, I spoke about project experience and the second half was mostly technical. I received an email a few days later informing me that I would not be moving on in the process.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Santa Ana, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very last minute interview process. Emails to have you interview the next 2 days during school year. Had a hard time preparing, but it's not a big deal since you have to be prepared basically all the time anyway. It's the time schedule that was hard to figure out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Elevator pitch shortlist followed by an hour of interviews. It wasn't very difficult and tested the fundamentals, background did help a lot in addition to having a good profile. It wasn't a tedious process and hopefully it will be a positive response.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms, data structures and resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. The interviewer was a 20 minutes late but over all it was an average interviewing experience. My interviewer was keen to know what my contributions were to several group projects.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very simple. Resume stuff how good you are and rest were basic algo. The interviewers were very good and very humble. There was many rounds on a single day which was tiring. % rounds without food

Interview Questions

• Quick Sort, Hashmap two sum problem, some basics on java string   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through their university recruiting team. I received the interview after speaking to one of the recruiters at a symposium that Cisco had at my school. I was brought into a room and the interviewer asked me about myself, and then asked me semantics of the java language, finally he asked me a technical question and the interview ended.
    They still haven't gotten back to me, so I assumed i didn't get the job. (I never got a rejection email, or call)

Interview Questions

• -What is TCP, UDP?
      -What is the difference between a private, public, and static class (types of questions like these)
      -Implement Subtraction   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Amherst, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

I went to a college job career fair and talked to one of the engineer at the site for 30 min. because of work next day, I choose webex interview instead of site interview with another senior manager at Cisco.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about your project.
      If you are in situation developing the automatic phone call cloud system, how would you do it?   1 Answer