Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email from recruiter after a month asking for my availability for interview. Scheduled two video interview via Webex tool. First Interview was a technical round where the interviewer asked me about Natural Language processing since my background was in it. Second was more behavioral type of interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The first round was help on campus. The second round there was a phone interview. The third round had a webcam interview. The fourth round was another webcam interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic coding questions related to data structures as well as theoretical questions about operating systems and computer networks.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. 1 hour. Explained on what the team does.
    Asked about projects for warmup.
    Stack and heap corruption detection and prevention.

Had bugs in edge cases for the coding. Interviewer didn't seem to be happy with that. Needs flawless code.

Interview Questions

• count number of occurrences in a sorted array   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

the interviewer is nice and friendly. First time, they tell me the wrong time so we schedule a second interview. the whole interview is 30mins long. they ask me about some easy questions about network and data structure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I got through two rounds. The first one was a simple phone interview where we went over my resume and was asked a simple circuits question. The second round was at Cisco in San Fransisco. It was a two part interview where I first talked to an engineer who asked me simple whiteboard questions. The second part was more managerial where a manager told me more about what they do there and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Write a class of Shape with sub classes of Triangle, Square, and Rectangle. Write functions for these shapes such as set color, get color, get sides, set sides.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Everyone that I spoke with at the company was very friendly. They were looking for people who have strong leadership and communication skills in addition to tech knowledge. Be ready to talk about anything on your resume, and include projects.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. Pretty easy questions were asked to me. Interviewer was knowledgable . 1 Written and 2 Interviews rounds happened. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2017.

Interview

I had 2 telephonic rounds.
    1. Round 1 consisted of talking to the manager of the team. They checked if I was a good fit for this role. Asked me about my projects. Resolved any queries I had
    2. Round 2 was a technical round.

Interview Questions

• Given a number z, find a pair of (x,y) in the array which sum up to z. The most efficient way. Code it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to Cisco's networking night at my college and had a mini-interview with a recruiter. I gave her my resume and applied online, and was then contacted to interview for a position within the company. The interview was fairly relaxed, and I didn't get asked any technical questions, but it seemed like I was extremely under qualified for the position based on the questions he was asking me.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the projects you've worked on?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with any other languages (Python, Ruby, etc.)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Spoke one on one with technical recruiter at job fair. The person asked about my previous projects on my resume. It was very quick and she just briefly asked me to highlight the technologies I have used at previous companies

Interview Questions

• Describe your projects at previous internships?   1 Answer