Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.9

465 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I spoke to Cisco briefly at a career fair at my college and I received a text message to schedule an on-campus interview a day later. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. In the first half, I spoke about project experience and the second half was mostly technical. I received an email a few days later informing me that I would not be moving on in the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

HR recruiter contacted me through email to set up a WebEx interview. That went well and I had one additional interview over WebEx before receiving the offer through phone that was from the first HR recruiter that contacted me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

There was a phone screen and 3 onsite rounds. All were networking based questions and algorithm based questions. There was one system design problem as well. All standard coding interview problems. The interviewers were very friendly and they also guided in some places where I was stuck with getting the solution.

Interview Questions

• LinkedList, Trees, OS, C built in functions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied through employee referral. The interview was through phone with four sessions, 30 minutes each. They had four people trying to assess various capability, including programming skills, communication, and technical/analytical skills.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email from recruiter after a month asking for my availability for interview. Scheduled two video interview via Webex tool. First Interview was a technical round where the interviewer asked me about Natural Language processing since my background was in it. Second was more behavioral type of interview.

Interview Questions

• How to check whether two strings are similar?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boxborough, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online,
    one screening followed by an on-site.
    There were 3 rounds 2 people interviewed in each round.
    The interviewer will go in detail in whatever is there on your resume or whatever you speak.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The first round was help on campus. The second round there was a phone interview. The third round had a webcam interview. The fourth round was another webcam interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic coding questions related to data structures as well as theoretical questions about operating systems and computer networks.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. 1 hour. Explained on what the team does.
    Asked about projects for warmup.
    Stack and heap corruption detection and prevention.

Had bugs in edge cases for the coding. Interviewer didn't seem to be happy with that. Needs flawless code.

Interview Questions

• count number of occurrences in a sorted array   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

the interviewer is nice and friendly. First time, they tell me the wrong time so we schedule a second interview. the whole interview is 30mins long. they ask me about some easy questions about network and data structure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I got through two rounds. The first one was a simple phone interview where we went over my resume and was asked a simple circuits question. The second round was at Cisco in San Fransisco. It was a two part interview where I first talked to an engineer who asked me simple whiteboard questions. The second part was more managerial where a manager told me more about what they do there and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Write a class of Shape with sub classes of Triangle, Square, and Rectangle. Write functions for these shapes such as set color, get color, get sides, set sides.   1 Answer