Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. Pretty easy questions were asked to me. Interviewer was knowledgable . 1 Written and 2 Interviews rounds happened. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to Cisco's networking night at my college and had a mini-interview with a recruiter. I gave her my resume and applied online, and was then contacted to interview for a position within the company. The interview was fairly relaxed, and I didn't get asked any technical questions, but it seemed like I was extremely under qualified for the position based on the questions he was asking me.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the projects you've worked on?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with any other languages (Python, Ruby, etc.)?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I did an onsite interview at my University after attending a career fair. About a month after, I got contacted by a recruiter to do the onsite interview with a Senior Product Engineer.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? What is the advantage of implementing polymorphism on the user side?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

They send me a coding challenge and let me to send back my code. The question is about finding the path in graph. It was essential but not that hard once you get to know what they ask you to do

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Got an interview in the career fair. The interview process was simple. The first round was a face to face interview at the fair with questions based on the resume and some coding questions. The second one was a WebEx interview which involved questions related to memory management, strings and data structures.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

There were 6 rounds continuous interview. No topic specified for each round. Mixed q&a and coding tests. pretty exhausting. tested c programming, L2 and L3 routing, and questions about my research

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

This was one of the most disgusting interviews I've ever taken in my entire life. I gave my resume in campus career fair and was contacted to set up on campus interview with one of the engineers.
    Firstly, the HR was careless to misplace my scheduled interview time, just called up a day back and told me to reschedule my interview time as one of the interviewers was not available. I agreed with it and scheduled it for the first available slot for the next day!

On the day of the interview: The interview was scheduled at 8:30am I arrived 30 minutes ahead of time and was waiting. The interviewer was late by 20 minutes and didn't even bother to apologise for the delay, never mind! Secondly, when I went to the room he didn't even have my resume and didn't even know what role I'm being interviewed for? I mean this was ridiculous that such a big company doesn't organize its interviews!!!!!

The interview started, He was least interested in my resume and always interrupted me before I answer any question. He constantly googled for questions and was continuously interrupted me whenever I made an attempt to answer! I'm not sure if he deserves to be even interviewing candidates.

He asked me a simple linked list question for which I started to code in Java, apparently didn't know java and behaved like what I'm doing was wrong. He started questions like how do you represent pointer for head node in Java, I tried to explain to him that there is no pointer concept in java it was just reference unlike c++. If he wanted anyone who knows only c++ why did you even shortlist my profile?? My work and experience is in Java coding!!

As a software engineer, I believe that language is just a way to express ideas, the more importance should be given to logic than asking if I knew only C++ or some other languages. The overall experience was very discomfort able, They don't see for any intellectual capabilities all they want is some mugged up answers from c++ and internet! May god bless cisco having such employers!! if you really want old school programming guys forget upon new grad students pls go and hire someone who knows outdated programming.

This was byfar the worst interviews that I have given, I have attended interviews of Amazon, EA and most of the best tech companies in US. I would never ever want to work in cisco in future!!

Interview Questions

• Linked List question to remove duplicate elements   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very fast. The hiring manager called me on Monday. I had phone screening on Tuesday and On site interview on Friday. It was a good experience.There were around five rounds of in person interview. The team members were very friendly. The hiring manager detailed me about the requirement. Questions were mostly on C and data structures algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Find the Max of two numbers without using if-else or ternary operators.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2016.

Interview

Met at campus fair, at California Polytechnic State University. I got an interview next week that was on campus. Then I got an email telling me I was still in the running a week later. Then two weeks later i was notified that i did not get it, but i was being referred to other business units.

Interview Questions

• The interview was widely behavioral and they asked me questions about my resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

There will be two round phone interviews and one on-site interview. The phone interview focus on algorithm problems and the on-site interview will also ask about system design and solve more practical problems.

I got other offers.