Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was hired more than 10 years ago so I don't remember what exactly it was anymore. It was something like being interviewed by at least 5 engineers and then managers. Questions mostly on C and C++.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Easiest Interview I ever did. No technical questions were asked. The interviewer seemed bored and completely unprepared. Did not put in any energy prior to the interview preparing for it,

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

it's on campus for summer intern, no technical interview, it is one to one, the other side might be human resource, not like an engineer. she asked me very general non-technical questions, not challenger, maybe they focus on whether you are a good team player?

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Went to career fair, afterwards called me for an interview. was asked some basic questions about programming, and some brain teasers, pretty simple.

Interview Questions

• how would you arrange an array backwards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Got a phone call from recruiter and then attended on-site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Applied through Linkedin. HR contacted and scheduled interview. Fist telephonic interview went well and I was asked for face to face.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to write 8 bytes aligned malloc and corresponding free function   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview requirements are different across different BUs, some BUs have high threshold on technical details, some BUs are more focused on communications and collaboration, and it depends on different managers, some rely on the reference and relations, some rely on your documentation achievement, such as how many patents, basically, that's better to get information before the interview about who will interview you, and who is the hiring manager , and do some homework.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview, then onsite. Offer negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Give logic for implementing "diff" command in Linux.
      Consider various test cases and explain what will happen in each. The two files are source code and are huge..
      For e.g.
      File 1: 1-2-3-4
      File 2: 1-3-4-2   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in November 2009.

Interview

Simple technical questions - mostly networking knowledge and coding/debugging skills

Interview Questions

Negotiation

asked for relocation and got it

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Asked basic networking questions from course I took in college. Nothing too difficult. Also had some programming questions and asked about each of the 7 layers in networking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

See What Cisco Systems Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Strategic Account Manager in Miami Beach, FL

Pros: “Cisco's benefits package continues to scale and increase with absolute relevance and 21st century services available to each and every full time employee. Cisco's caring stance...”“Cisco's benefits package continues to scale and increase with absolute relevance and 21st century services available to each and every full time employee. Cisco's caring stance and deep empathy for their employees is not only felt internally, but is also demonstrated for the general betterment of our world and Cisco continues to be an amazing place to call home after 19 years.” – Full Review