Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

call from recruiter. had 2technical interviews one for java and other for sql skills. and then on site interview with team members and manager

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

interview process is lengthy and most of the time stick to basics , basics of networking is what most of the people check .

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in September 2012.

Interview

That is a one to one interview, just ask some questions about my experience. That's not very difficult to answer. They focus on my machine learning background. I cannot remember all the details about the interview. I'm a first master student at that time, and have no former work experience.

Interview Questions

• ask me about the router field question, which I never touched before.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied through my university career fair and got a interview one week later through the WebEx. The interview begins with the questions regarding my projects experience. Then several network foundation questions like what's trace route, how does it work and two problem regarding subnet and subnet mask. And two very easy algorithm problem.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in November 2013.

Interview

Applied from school website and had a phone interview. The questions are quite easy and the interviewer was helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Richfield, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

- 1 was asked a number of technical questions by the hiring manager and his staff.
    - I was asked a number of organizational questions by the staff.
    - I was invited back and I was asked general questions by the executives within the organization.
    - I was asked about the my education and specific classed that I attended.

I asked for more money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Austin, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Had two one hour phone interviews, one with the hiring manager, one with a technical lead. Both went well and a two day in-person interview was being scheduled. However, the day before the interview the hiring manager got in touch with me to let me know that the job req. was no longer available, but more would be opening in the next quarter. Waited until the next quarter and got my in-person interview. There was a programming test with three developers asking me questions. I ran long on the first one, the second question was based on code one of the interviewers put on the board (which had an unintentional bug), and the third one I dealt with well. Next came a one-on-one interview with another developer, but no technical questions were asked. The hiring manager was also too busy to actually interview me. At the end of the first day the hiring manager informed me he would be contacting me later that day to let me know the results. He did not get back to me until the next day to say they would not be extending me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Write a file copy function in the language of your choice   Answer Question
    • What does the following function do:
      unsigned int
          return z;
      }   3 Answers
    • Write a string reversal function   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Apllied through my friend's friend who is an employee of Cisco. The interview was with three people one-to-one, each averages 45 mins. They needed somebody with expertise in OS, device drivers and C. Most of the questions were from what we find on internet, the standard questions including C programs. Lack of preparation cost me.

Interview Questions

• Details of memory storage for different type of variable definitions in C.

int i;
      int j=0;
      int k=1;
      const int l;

which goes to data, bss, rodata, etc.   1 Answer
    • In virtual memory, can two different processes have the same address? When you answer "No" which is correct, how one process can access another process' memory, for example the debugger can access the variables and change them while debugging?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in April 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview where I was asked basic networking questions and some C questions. It was all very simple. Later had onsite. Had 5 rounds. 4 rounds of technical interview which tested my C skills, OS concepts, networking and my past work experience. And later a HR kinda interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• From your network concepts learnt academically, explain what happens when you try to connect from your laptop at home to a server in your college. Decribe whatever you feel is relevant in this scenario   1 Answer

Didnt like the position offered

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

Basic C questions (Pointer,Structures,linked list, arrays,data types), Computer Networking concepts (TCP/IP,UDP).

I was interviewed for 1 hour. It was pretty simple. Though I screwed up in some of them.
    I could not answer most efficient way in finding number of 1's in a given number.