Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jan 21, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through the website, was immediately asked for a phone interview which was based on technical skills and experiences. Then asked to go to an office for a face-to-face interview which recruitment were very happy to work around my timetable and rearrange for me when I could not make the first agreed date. I was asked to complete a test in C, which I do not know, so asked for a different test which was never sent to me (it was the week before Christmas so was understandably forgotten about). Interview at office was very chilled and interesting, no technical questions just about past experiences and a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a good phone interview then Webex interview, after being referred by a friend.
    I had a successful phone interview which was based on behavioural questions and still need to go to the technical interview in few days. This will include questions to do with my technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at cisco, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What hobbies or interests do you have that relate to computer science?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call initially from a hiring company that works with Cisco, they asked me basic questions about company (mentioned below). Based each point I made was equivalent to a specific score and then it was added up to a final score which determined if I would get a second interview with the team manager.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview was with Adecco, a hiring company, asked what I knew about company, why cisco, where do I see myself in 10 years, and what do I expect from the the internship.

2nd Interview, was done by the manager. Asked me mostly about CV, the projects I have done and what experience do I have with working in group projects. Asked to explain a situation where I was put in a difficult position. Asked about OOP, what is encapsulation, polymorphism and inheritance.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)).

Interview

onsite interview with 6 senior engineers, 2 at a time. Onsite for upto 6 hours. Questions ranged from networking technology to problem solving with algorithms.
    interviewers were very pleasant experienced bunch, asked difficult questions but not aggressive.

Negotiation

need to negotiate agressively.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Interview for a summer internship with Cisco Systems, Reading. The interview was 4 hours long, first part was writing C code on the whiteboard, namely the point-in-a-polygon algorithm. Second question was related to networking - explain what happens on each OSI layer when you open up a website. Second part - written test, 1 hour - the typical tricky questions for software engineering position. Last part - general questions and discussion on future plans, etc.
    Interviewers were polite and friendly, good experience.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the hiring manager. The interview was carried on online and lasted about 30 minutes. The manager was an experienced software engineer that checked mostly the kind of person I was since he was already working with a former university colleague of mine.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

After the online test, I got a call from an HR manager, who asked me about my life like hobbies and so on. After that, I went to Lisbon to have two video interviews (about tech stuff) with people from London and after that I was asked to go to London and spent a whole day in a room with different people from different areas coming in and interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you would improve this specific device   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2010.

Interview

They asked general questions. Very meaningful interview to test your knowledge and aptitude. Very few tech questiosn