Cisco Systems Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Richardson, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview took place in a hotel conference room. We were then given a tour that they give to prospective corporate relations. We were never given an opportunity to see the offices themselves.

Interview Questions

• You have 8 balls. All are identical except one is slightly heavier. You have a balance. What is the minimum number of weighings required to find the heavier ball?   5 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

My opinion is limited obviously to the one experience I have had. My first contact was with the recruiter. The recruiter was very friendly and gave me a good overview of what the team did and what the job role was. He sent me the detailed job description which helped me prepare for the interview. It was followed by a 30 minute phone interview. Onsite interview soon followed - which was fully technical - "C" coding questions and OS and Networking questions and some design questions -- all of above average difficulty level.

Interview Questions

• Delete a node in a linked list.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

got an interview from employee referral, everything went smoothly, mostly nontechnical question (even though it was an engineering position). heard a word from manager that my offer was being processed, and then the whole financial fiasco started. they had a major hiring freeze for couple of quarters, and finally decided not to hire for that position due to budget cut.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

They asked the usual interview questions. They try to see at what level you are in your skills. They are very quick to respond if they choose you.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever disagreed with a collegue and/or professor and what did you do?   Answer Question
    • What class did you think was least useful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Milpitas, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The HR keeps asking about what courses I have taken in my graduate study. I list some courses about computer engineering. It seems she is not satisfied with that. And she asked me again about what other courses except the CS course ....

And she also asked why cisco, why chose cisco and why should cisco need me

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

First, I was contacted by the Director of engineering asking for the time to schedule the interview. And I was scheduled for a Cisco Webex interview with 4 of the engineers in the team 45-60 min each back to back. Every interviewer was nice.
    Second, I got the mail from HR saying that they want to continue with me in the process and make an offer and she will contact me for further process.
    I waited for weeks and then mailed her regarding the further process, she replied that she will get back to me in a day or two. But I never heard anything from her even after following up with her several times. Then I directly followed up with the Director of engineering of the team as It had been almost a month that I gave the interview. I got a reply saying that they are unable to make an offer at that point of time as there is a budget issue for the team.
    I felt very shocked by the response, why do they even say that they want to continue with an offer before knowing their team budget. I lost some of the other opportunities that I had in between this one month of the period.
    I never expected that the reputed companies like Cisco would treat their applicants like trash.

Interview Questions

• 1. Programming questions on Link List.
      2. Basic Networking, OS, C programming concepts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a 3 round interview process.1.Technical Questions (Core java, spring, Hibernate, Database) related 2. White boarding - Coding round 3. Generic questions regarding your previous experience and How would you deal with real time problems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I talked to a recruiter on campus and they scheduled me for an interview the next week. Went to their office and was interviewed by two people. One asked about my Java skills and other asked more about my understanding of networks.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone Interview consisting of questions regarding past experiences.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Very technical. Will go thru what is written in resume.

Interview Questions

• He provided a puzzzle to solve.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They tell you up front that there is not much scope for negotiation.