Cisco Systems Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Cisco Systems

3.4

Software Engineer - QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2007.

Interview

Phone Interview - Recruiter called to schedule the time of phone interview and discuss the immigration status and such details. Nothing technical. It was followed by two phone interviews from team members . Team member interviews were very technical and also had some brain teasers thrown in.
1:1 interviews: total 6 = 1 recruiter, 4 team members and one manager. This process goes on for almost full day. Extremely technical. They will grill you on your resume, so don't even think about making things up. Longer the interviews, harder they get and better your chances of getting in. Manager's interview was fairly straightforward. Just to check if you will fit in.

Interview Questions

• How will you go about building and testing the hubble telescope in the lab?   1 Answer
  • How will you find a closed loop in an infinitely large graph?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always negotiate the level and not the salary per se. A lower salary in higher pay grade is much better than higher salary in lower pay grade. Leadership experience counts a lot and so do the project management skills.

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The Interview process was pretty easy. Basic CCNA level questions were asked. I had two phone screening interviews. The 1st round was pretty easy and the second round was also average.They took a long time to get back to me. So, I assumed I the result was a no.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2012.

Interview

Off campus interview process. Aptitude written tests, programming language questions, networking questions. OSI layer model. working and importance of each layer. Different protocols. programming questions. Testing questions. Undergraduate projects questions.

Interview Questions

• OSI layer model. working and importance of each layer. Different protocols.   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I had a couple interviews, though for an internship. The technical one went over everything on my resume in great detail. After that we moved onto what I knew regarding programming and such. There were a lot of algorithm questions, and many focused on my ability to not brute-force the task. Definitely know the differences.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position (in the videoconferencing business unit) following the recommendation of a family friend. The only interview was an on-site 1:1 with my then-future manager. I was fresh out of school, so she didn't ask much except basic questions about my skills. I received the offer by phone a few days later.

Interview Questions

• She asked how much experience I had with scripting languages.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a long interview process. Stayed there for a whole day and 3 different group of people interviewed me. There was a lot of Q&A time for me to ask different groups. This was the first year of the Cisco Choice program. Not only did I get to choose the team, but I also get to work on departments that not related to what I studied.

Interview Questions

• How would you write an program to draw different bicycle?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Whole interview process had 5 rounds. Started with phone screen which had basic question about switching. After the phone screen, there were 4 interview rounds over Webex. Each round was for 1 hour. Questions were mostly related to job responsibilities - related to routing (OSPF/BGP), switching (STP/RSTP/PVRSTP), TCP/UDP, shell scripting.

Interview Questions

• Nothing I can think of. Most of the questions were straightforward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Baltimore, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

I went to their booth in the Grace Hopper Convention and got a behavioral interview.
    Then I got the email to schedule a technical interview

Interview Questions

• 1. hardest situation in your past projects
      2. what makes you stand out   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

2 Rounds, one with the manger and one with a Current Employee.
    Both the rounds were a mixture of technical and HR. L1-L4 networking protocols, focused on resume.
    Asked me about extra curricular activities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I contacted the recruiter via LinkedIn and got an interview call. It first was a phone interview for about 30 mins which consisted of basic L2/L3 protocols questions. Not a lot of details, just the basics of each protocol. Then I was called in for 1:1 interview which consisted of talking to 6 different people (~45 mins each). The interview was completely technical with questions from various L2/L3 protocols. I was asked to explain what I was currently working on in detail. Used the white board extensively. Most of the questions were based on my current work. Like why did you design your test topology like this? How did you test a particular protocol etc.

Interview Questions

• Detailed working of QoS (various policing and shaping techniques)   Answer Question

Offer too less compared to the other offers I had and also heard a lot of negative things about the management of this particular BU from the other companies that I interviewed with and also from my friends at Cisco.