Cisco Systems Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Software QA Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

3.4

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I was referred by an employer so I was skipped the screening. I cleared till the last round where there were 5 one-on-one sessions on Webex. The 3/5 interviewers were really knowledgeable and conducted professionally. 1 other was involved in his own work and wasn't really paying much attention to what I was answering - atleast he made me feel so. 1 other was particularly adamant and rude. He did not know Python really well though he interviewed me on it. Ex: He did not know there is a for:else in Python. I agree most people dont know. But he clearly denied the fact that it exists. I can recognise when an interviewer does it to test my confidence, it wasnt one of those. When I tried to convince him about it, he muttered 'I dont know what version of Python you are using, I have never seen that... Anyways lets proceed further..'. As expected, I was rejected. Ofcourse, there were some questions I was not able to answer and that might be totally a reason for my reject.

I asked the recruiter for a feedback. The reply was it isn't their company policy to provide feedback.

Interview Questions

• Explain types of OSPF Updates
    Multilayer switch operation
    FCoE

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Reviewed resume and was asked questions about OOP, design principles, and testing. Was also asked about my career goals. Spoke one on one with a team leader and heard about the culture of the particular team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The Interview process was pretty easy. Basic CCNA level questions were asked. I had two phone screening interviews. The 1st round was pretty easy and the second round was also average.They took a long time to get back to me. So, I assumed I the result was a no.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

I had a couple interviews, though for an internship. The technical one went over everything on my resume in great detail. After that we moved onto what I knew regarding programming and such. There were a lot of algorithm questions, and many focused on my ability to not brute-force the task. Definitely know the differences.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a long interview process. Stayed there for a whole day and 3 different group of people interviewed me. There was a lot of Q&A time for me to ask different groups. This was the first year of the Cisco Choice program. Not only did I get to choose the team, but I also get to work on departments that not related to what I studied.

Interview Questions

• How would you write an program to draw different bicycle?   1 Answer

Software Engineer QA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Took a long time to decide multiple interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

- Applied for a specific position
    - Phone interview (30 minute interview, quick process)
    - Immediately got a mail for the next round
    - Webex interview with manager (HR), 5 Senior engineers (technical), 2 other managers
    - People were friendly

Interview Questions

• - Technical questions from resume
      - Networking basics (VLAN, routing, security etc)

Software/QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Interview

Not hugely difficult, people mostly asked me about my background and why I wanted the job. One final guy "grilled" me by asking me to explain in great detail my most recent coding project.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Baltimore, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

I went to their booth in the Grace Hopper Convention and got a behavioral interview.
    Then I got the email to schedule a technical interview

Interview Questions

• 1. hardest situation in your past projects
      2. what makes you stand out

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I contacted the recruiter via LinkedIn and got an interview call. It first was a phone interview for about 30 mins which consisted of basic L2/L3 protocols questions. Not a lot of details, just the basics of each protocol. Then I was called in for 1:1 interview which consisted of talking to 6 different people (~45 mins each). The interview was completely technical with questions from various L2/L3 protocols. I was asked to explain what I was currently working on in detail. Used the white board extensively. Most of the questions were based on my current work. Like why did you design your test topology like this? How did you test a particular protocol etc.

Interview Questions

• Detailed working of QoS (various policing and shaping techniques)   Answer Question

Offer too less compared to the other offers I had and also heard a lot of negative things about the management of this particular BU from the other companies that I interviewed with and also from my friends at Cisco.