Cisco Systems Solutions Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2017

3.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process started out with the program/hiring manager reaching out directly for a brief phone interview. After the initial phone interview I had six WebEx interviews, some focused purely on technical aspects, some on presentation aspects on a one to one basis and on a panel basis, and some on business aspects. Overall I felt the interviews were very well laid out, flowed very well and were actually very fun. It did however take a good bit of time to move through them; approx five months from the first interview, until the last interview. Cisco is of course a large company, so keep in mind that getting multiple managers, who are located around the globe, can take a while and you may not hear anything for a few weeks to a month before the next step in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you have been in and how you handled it..   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2015.

Interview

Amazing, Streamlined and very deep. Interviewers knew what they were asking and knew what the job was. Interview was with a broad range of people within the larger organization, who all had slightly different expectations, which gives a very good understanding of the job and what is expected at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• What is my interpretation of Enterprise Systems Architecture?   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Found by 3rd party recruiter. The recruiters were super organized and helped with every step of the way through multiple interviews and salary negotiation. There were 3 phone interviews over the space of a week and the recruiter prepped me for each interviewer by letting me know their role. 2 of the 3 interviewers were not the hiring manager, but his peers.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about Six Sigma tools because I am certified and the interviewer was a black belt.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I offered a range that was 5K apart and the offered me the low end of my range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Research Triangle Park, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

The character and soft skills seemed to go very well, but the technical content was surprisingly tough. As one might expect, I theorize there is a minimum level of networking skill for anything beyond an entry position. Overall, I think the process was very good, but the areas where more focus would be helpful to my application are pretty clear to me.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very tedious. After going though the basic "checklist" interview with the recruiter, you speak 5-6 different individuals and then go through a couple of panel interviews. It takes 4-6 weeks for the process to complete.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself as a good fit for the position?   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2012.

Interview

After applying online, the recruiter got in touch to schedule a first review of my CV. after screening the CV with me over the phone, the recruiter proceeded to schedule meetings with the hiring manager, his manager and two fellow collegues within the team. A lot of phone calls with people asking standard questions, a lot of focus on technical questions, lack of business questions (despite MBA requirement).

Interview Questions

• what is your experience in managing customer relationships succesfully   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2010.

Interview

iT WASNT A VERY TOUGH INTERVIEW AND THE PANEL SEEMED TO CONSIST MOSTLY OF PEOPLE PAST THEIR BRAIN POWER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS - IT WAS A EASY BREEZE AND SO DID NOT ACCEPT THE OFFER AS DID NOT WANT TO WORK IN SUCH A PLACE

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in March 2010.

Interview

Processed my resume through recruiter. There were four round three telephonic and one personal. Telephonic round was on software architecture, performance engineering, personal round was indepth technical round starting from DB design to writing sudo code to large scale architecture. It was conducted by a panel of two people. Then director asked me general questions and challenges.

Negotiation

It was decent offer & more then I have asked so no need to negotiate.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Mumbai (India)) in January 2009.

Interview

Professional communication
    Assign single point of contact for your interview
    Sufficient advance notice for interview
    Regular follow up
    Thirty to forurty five mins each interview
    Four rounds to technical interview
    One round of business interview
    One hr and one manager interview

Interview Questions

• 30 days plan after you take the job   1 Answer
    • What is the most exciting thing in this job?   1 Answer