Cisco Systems Interview Questions in Sydney, Australia | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.4

Networks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview asking about what I had learnt at university and in my own time. Why I wanted to work at CISCO and I was prepared to defer university for the length of the internship (6 months) as it was a full time position.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

HR telephonic round followed by a round with other OM and the final round with managers. Background and police check and then offer. The interview is time consuming and must be patient until offered. There maybe delays with the joining date.

Interview Questions

• Questions around role and resume   1 Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

Good experience.
    Role play was the hardest part.
    Be aware of time limit.
    Be confident, be yourself.
    Everyone was friendly.
    Provided a lot of feedback.
    Technical quiz was easy.
    Helpful staff.
    Asked a lot of questions during role play.
    Prepare yourself well.
    Prepare good questions to ask during role play.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was long with a number of different stages. The assessment centre was nerve racking but, very much aligned to the role you're expected to do. The assessment centre includes a personal interview, test, presentation and role play. Once through the job I believe the associate program is absolutely second to none. Not many companies invest as much time, effort and money into early in career as Cisco does.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call after 3 weeks, and got invited to a phone and panel interview. Phone and panel interview consisted of managers from Strategy & Operations, Business Intelligence and Project Management. After that, an email was sent out for my acceptance and I accepted.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume online
    1st Round - Was given 2 days to submit a 2 min video of myself explaining Software Defined Networking (SDN)
    2nd Round - Webex Phone Interview
    Final Round - Assessment Center in Sydney which consisted of 1) Technical Interview 2) Behavioral Interview 3) 20-min Sales Roleplay 4) 10-min Presentation

I actually loved the assessment center. It was such a great experience and there was so much thought and psychology put into it in order to assess the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Difference between a router and a switch   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Got an phone call from HR, invited for an interview. Had interview for approx 2 hrs. Interview were smooth and supportive. Invited for 2nd interview but couldn't go due to offer from other company.

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Incredibly lengthy process, it took months to go through the whole interview stages. The Assessment centre was a mess and it took well over a month to receive an answer when one was promised a week after. Contact with HR was horrendous during this time and was kept outside of the loop for a very long time before an offer.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you in relocating for three years to Sydney?   Answer Question

APJC (Australia) Cisco Services Lab Operations () – Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (North Sydney (Australia)) in May 2014.

Interview

I was called by the HR manager to organise a phone interview. The phone interview was a week later and was conducted by a senior network engineer. There was a face-to-face interview about 2 weeks later which was a group interview and individual technical interview with 4 other candidates and a panel of 4 network engineers.

Telephone questions included:
    1. tell me about yourself
    2. what do you do in your spare time,
    3. what do you know about the company, why do you want to work here
    4. give me an example of learning new things in the work place,
    5. give an example of a time when a customer didn't like the solution you gave them, what did you do?

Group interview questions:
    1. You and your group have crashed your plane in a jungle, you have these limited resources, what do you do? Fairly standard.
    2. A customer owning a factory has employed you to fix a vague problem with one of their machines. The panel plays the part of an impatient rude customer, and they see how the group solves the problem.

Individual interview questions:
    1. Consisted of a network diagram on a whiteboard and there was a problem with a computer not connecting to a subnet, there were firewalls involved too. They asked increasingly difficult technical questions to see if you could solve it.

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview:
      1. how does the internet work
      2. how does encryption work
      3. what is the OSI model

Group interview / individual interview:
      Speak up in the group interview, work as a team but show you can take charge as well.

Unless you studied network engineering at university, you will probably fail the technical interview. The questions are very in depth and you can't bs your way out. They interviewed 20 people (4 groups of 5 people) for 1 position. They invited a lot of people for the interview which would definitely fail the technical interview simply because it wasn't part of the syllabus of their degree. Not sure why they didn't just invite network/telecommunications majors to the interview.
      1 Answer

Support Engineer (Linux/Solaris) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

It was two technical guys face to face interview, and the questions they asked are all Linux command, application used to achieve this. At the end, I need to complete a paper test last for 40min

Interview Questions

• As long as you are good experience at Linux/Solaris command and Server side configuration, it is not a problem for you.   Answer Question