Cisco Systems Interview Questions in Sydney, Australia | Glassdoor

3.4

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Applied online. Great and was a short interview. Two guys on the phone. Ask about some of your personal experiences and technical questions. No offer given i believed i wasn't sounded too familiar to the stuff since i have graduated quite some time.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

I first had a 20 minute phone call. They asked basic network questions and maybe a few behaviour question. e.g. of behavioural question being when was a time when you had to work as a team? Networking question example is what is DDoS?

The assessment centre interview went pretty well until the technical question came along. They asked what you can do to find out why the new router that was implemented is not working correctly. I was unprepared, involved subnetting. First part of interview was team-work, then it was technical question, and finally panel interview asking behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• What you can do to find out why the new router that was implemented is not working correctly? Solve it on the board with the diagram that's showing the network on there   Answer Question

Networks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview asking about what I had learnt at university and in my own time. Why I wanted to work at CISCO and I was prepared to defer university for the length of the internship (6 months) as it was a full time position.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

HR telephonic round followed by a round with other OM and the final round with managers. Background and police check and then offer. The interview is time consuming and must be patient until offered. There maybe delays with the joining date.

Interview Questions

• Questions around role and resume   1 Answer

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

Good experience.
    Role play was the hardest part.
    Be aware of time limit.
    Be confident, be yourself.
    Everyone was friendly.
    Provided a lot of feedback.
    Technical quiz was easy.
    Helpful staff.
    Asked a lot of questions during role play.
    Prepare yourself well.
    Prepare good questions to ask during role play.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was long with a number of different stages. The assessment centre was nerve racking but, very much aligned to the role you're expected to do. The assessment centre includes a personal interview, test, presentation and role play. Once through the job I believe the associate program is absolutely second to none. Not many companies invest as much time, effort and money into early in career as Cisco does.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call after 3 weeks, and got invited to a phone and panel interview. Phone and panel interview consisted of managers from Strategy & Operations, Business Intelligence and Project Management. After that, an email was sent out for my acceptance and I accepted.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume online
    1st Round - Was given 2 days to submit a 2 min video of myself explaining Software Defined Networking (SDN)
    2nd Round - Webex Phone Interview
    Final Round - Assessment Center in Sydney which consisted of 1) Technical Interview 2) Behavioral Interview 3) 20-min Sales Roleplay 4) 10-min Presentation

I actually loved the assessment center. It was such a great experience and there was so much thought and psychology put into it in order to assess the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Difference between a router and a switch   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Got an phone call from HR, invited for an interview. Had interview for approx 2 hrs. Interview were smooth and supportive. Invited for 2nd interview but couldn't go due to offer from other company.

Associate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2015.

Interview

Incredibly lengthy process, it took months to go through the whole interview stages. The Assessment centre was a mess and it took well over a month to receive an answer when one was promised a week after. Contact with HR was horrendous during this time and was kept outside of the loop for a very long time before an offer.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you in relocating for three years to Sydney?   Answer Question