Cisco Systems Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

3.5

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Got onsite interview through referral. 4 round tech interview with engineer and 1 round behavior interview with the manager. Whiteboard coding for each tech interview. Asked a lot about C syntax and Linux basics

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

the manager asked the past working experience, and he is satisfied about that. after that I received his boss's telephone, saying I'm Ok. after that I joined. I think cisco is nice but I feel the corporate culture is not good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, who really pushed the process. Recruiter spoke to what to expect, types of questions to expect, even spoke to what to wear and the weather in San Jose, which I am well aware of. The interview was to be with three people, one cancelled.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that I was proud of.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview which lasted for an hour. Started off with behavioral questions like your experience and then few questions on OS, programming challenge on strings and a debugging question. Overall it was a good interview experience.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2015.

Interview

I really liked the practical approach of the interview. There were no silly questions, such as "describe in detail the innards of a particular protocol". I was asked to design and whiteboard several types of networks, a VPN WAN, a large distributed enterprise, and a data center. Given that it's what I do, and what I interviewed for, this went fine.

Interview Questions

• one of the tasks was to design a redundant data center with ECMP.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boxborough, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

mostly technical interviews, be prepared to answer any questions about the technologies on your resume. be prepared to answer questions about previous job responsibilities, also have questions for the interview about the position

Interview Questions

• mostly technical questions about routing protocols & switching   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was difficult. It began with a MCQ sheet of 20 questions based on networking. It consisted of fill in the blanks, match the following and MCQs. Later after this is was a 1:1 interview.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Went to four rounds of interview: hiring manage, peers, and on-site with multiple interviewers. I applied through an university career site, received the a contacts in ~3months. Then, I was scheduled to interview with a HM which gone over various background, few technical questions follow with another phone interview with a peer. Finally, 2 weeks later, receive another invite for an onsite.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Oversee development and maintenance of computer systems.
    Identify departmental needs and make suggestions regarding technical direction.
    Set up organization's intranets.
    Design and implement system security and data assurance.
    Configure and install computer systems for other organizations.
    Design and develop software.
    Test software applications and systems.
    Develop different types of software, including computer games, business applications, operating systems, network control systems, and middleware.
    Apply knowledge of computing systems and software structure.
    Analyze users' needs.
    Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation.
    Create manuals and detailed sets of instructions including algorithms that tell computers what to do.
    Convert instructions into computer languages.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Helpful, plenty of questions, two interviews. Phone and on site. Then it was group interviews, multiple math questions and it was 3 hours long. Got an answer after four months and got a tour in San jose