Cisco Systems Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2016

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, who really pushed the process. Recruiter spoke to what to expect, types of questions to expect, even spoke to what to wear and the weather in San Jose, which I am well aware of. The interview was to be with three people, one cancelled.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that I was proud of.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview which lasted for an hour. Started off with behavioral questions like your experience and then few questions on OS, programming challenge on strings and a debugging question. Overall it was a good interview experience.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in August 2015.

Interview

I really liked the practical approach of the interview. There were no silly questions, such as "describe in detail the innards of a particular protocol". I was asked to design and whiteboard several types of networks, a VPN WAN, a large distributed enterprise, and a data center. Given that it's what I do, and what I interviewed for, this went fine.

Interview Questions

• one of the tasks was to design a redundant data center with ECMP.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boxborough, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

mostly technical interviews, be prepared to answer any questions about the technologies on your resume. be prepared to answer questions about previous job responsibilities, also have questions for the interview about the position

Interview Questions

• mostly technical questions about routing protocols & switching   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was difficult. It began with a MCQ sheet of 20 questions based on networking. It consisted of fill in the blanks, match the following and MCQs. Later after this is was a 1:1 interview.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Went to four rounds of interview: hiring manage, peers, and on-site with multiple interviewers. I applied through an university career site, received the a contacts in ~3months. Then, I was scheduled to interview with a HM which gone over various background, few technical questions follow with another phone interview with a peer. Finally, 2 weeks later, receive another invite for an onsite.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Oversee development and maintenance of computer systems.
    Identify departmental needs and make suggestions regarding technical direction.
    Set up organization's intranets.
    Design and implement system security and data assurance.
    Configure and install computer systems for other organizations.
    Design and develop software.
    Test software applications and systems.
    Develop different types of software, including computer games, business applications, operating systems, network control systems, and middleware.
    Apply knowledge of computing systems and software structure.
    Analyze users' needs.
    Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation.
    Create manuals and detailed sets of instructions including algorithms that tell computers what to do.
    Convert instructions into computer languages.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Helpful, plenty of questions, two interviews. Phone and on site. Then it was group interviews, multiple math questions and it was 3 hours long. Got an answer after four months and got a tour in San jose

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Rosemont, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

After the HR phone screen, the hiring process consisted of a half of a day of 30-45 minute interviews. I went to a local Cisco office and sat in a conference room. I was interviewed by people ranging from other current Systems Engineers to Account Managers to the managers of both aforementioned teams.

Interview Questions

• Say you are in a medium sized hospital with no existing network. How would you recommend they set up their network?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Columbia, SC) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process involved a series of three interviews. The initial interview was conducted by the area manager, whom I spoke with 2 different times throughout the process. The second and third interviews were with other Cisco Systems Engineers in the nearby regions.

Both systems engineers were very thorough in the scope of their questions. They covered Security, Voice technologies, Routing and Switching, and Data Center technologies.

Ultimately I wasn't chosen for the position, but I believe it was due to the location. The position was to be based in Charleston SC, and I don't live locally. I believe the person chosen was a better match in terms of location.

Interview Questions

• What is the advantage of using VSS?   1 Answer