Cisco Systems Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Richardson, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

First a 30 minute telephonic interview basically on overall skill match test by project manager.
Face to Face interview of about an hour, 3 rounds, each round with 2-3 team members, in total 3 hours, with about an hour lunch break.

Interview Questions

• On data structures, algorithms, c++ language, C language, STL, multithreading, past projects.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview which lasted for an hour. Started off with behavioral questions like your experience and then few questions on OS, programming challenge on strings and a debugging question. Overall it was a good interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Boxborough, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

mostly technical interviews, be prepared to answer any questions about the technologies on your resume. be prepared to answer questions about previous job responsibilities, also have questions for the interview about the position

Interview Questions

• mostly technical questions about routing protocols & switching   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Richardson, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

I met with the recruiter, then the hiring manager. I was brought in for a 2nd interview with a host 5 people including the hiring manager. There was a combination of technical and traditional career interview questions about my past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain how our product can work within a customers network?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2011.

Interview

It was a very long process, very many individual 1:1 interviews. Quite a frustrating experience. Advice would be to stick with it. For a technical sales position I found it odd I wasn't asked a single technical question. That side was simply taken as a given apparently!

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a particularly difficult customer scenario?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Columbia, SC) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process involved a series of three interviews. The initial interview was conducted by the area manager, whom I spoke with 2 different times throughout the process. The second and third interviews were with other Cisco Systems Engineers in the nearby regions.

Both systems engineers were very thorough in the scope of their questions. They covered Security, Voice technologies, Routing and Switching, and Data Center technologies.

Ultimately I wasn't chosen for the position, but I believe it was due to the location. The position was to be based in Charleston SC, and I don't live locally. I believe the person chosen was a better match in terms of location.

Interview Questions

• What is the advantage of using VSS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

intial was 2 technical phone interviews and then 2 hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• when transferring file from 1 server to another server over WAN speed decreases over time but again when you start new session speed is very fast and decrease to the end. what's your approach to solve this problem?   2 Answers

Negotiation

none.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Irvine, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

8 face to face interviews with other SEs on the team and upper management

Interview Questions

• What is Cisco's value in the collaboration space in comparison to competitors?   Answer Question

Negotiation

nothing

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Went to four rounds of interview: hiring manage, peers, and on-site with multiple interviewers. I applied through an university career site, received the a contacts in ~3months. Then, I was scheduled to interview with a HM which gone over various background, few technical questions follow with another phone interview with a peer. Finally, 2 weeks later, receive another invite for an onsite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Rosemont, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

After the HR phone screen, the hiring process consisted of a half of a day of 30-45 minute interviews. I went to a local Cisco office and sat in a conference room. I was interviewed by people ranging from other current Systems Engineers to Account Managers to the managers of both aforementioned teams.

Interview Questions

• Say you are in a medium sized hospital with no existing network. How would you recommend they set up their network?   Answer Question