Cisco Systems Systems Engineer Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Systems Engineer Interview Questions in United Kingdom

3.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Uxbridge, England (UK)).

Interview

Cisco policy is that a minimum of five individual interviews be held. From beginning to end, I attended thirteen interviews. The first two interviews were on the telephone. The first screening telephone interview was conducted by a recent graduate employee asking detailed network engineering and IP communications questions. The second telephone interview was conducted by a recruiter and this covered personality questions. I was flown down to Stockley Park for the next five interviews and exams. It was a two-day recruitment event for the graduate training programme. Five individual interviews were carried out with different groups of senior systems engineers and management. One of the interviews required me to present for an hour on "Why I deserve to work for Cisco". Everyone was pleasant, and because it was spread over two days, there didn't seem to be a sense of urgency - everyone was relaxed. After passing through that round of interviews, I returned to Stockley Park for the field and group assignment interviews. This determined whether I would get a job at Cisco and which organisation within Cisco I would be placed. The five remaining individual interviews were casual. One of them was a walk-and-talk around the park! Very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe the structure of an Internet Protocol version 4 packet.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, one phone interview and one assessment centre. The two interviews had a big spread between them, about 2 months. The first interview was sometime in November and the second sometime around January. They called me up the next day after my assessment center.

Interview Questions

• General knowledge of Cisco, why did I choose Cisco, and where did I see myself in 5 years time.
      Assessment centre consisted mostly on going over my resume and asking questions on group work. Nothing very technical since the internship itself isn't that technically demanding.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Lots of hoops to get through. You need to display passion for technology and customers. Wider industry awareness helps. Be prepared for a technical interview. You’ll be interviewed by AM or RSM, SE, SE Manager, PSS and Client director. Some of the interviews maybe a panel interview with some of the personals mentioned above. Be prepared for role plays and questioning of your understanding of key Cisco solution cross different architectures (EN, DC, Security, IOT, etc).

Interview Questions

• Who do Cisco compete with in the DC compuete space and what makes Cisco unique?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Long with different stages. Do not expect to get a quick answer as the internal process is slow and involved HR, hiring manager and few other related functions (usually the corresponding account manager is a must). Look for the STAR technique when you answer the questions and you are on the tight way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like to be an engineer?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Met Cisco recruiters at a Careers Fair at my university. Got a call for a phone interview.
    Passed the first interview, which was mostly about my CV, myself, and my skills, there is a face to face interview to get through and get the actual internship. More technical questions are asked here, in addition to information on your CV (again); get informed about their latest technologies and general basic information. People at Cisco are very professional and nice, so make sure to be up to their standards.

Interview Questions

• Difference between a router and a modem, what does a router do and how it works, iCloud questions, TelePresence...latest technologies basically. My interview was held in June 2012
      Most difficult Question: Have you ever thought about a new technology to develop?   Answer Question