Cisco Systems TAC Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems TAC Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Cisco Systems

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Remote, OR) in July 2014.

Interview

The whole interview touk about 4h with four different people sequently ( 1h with every one) , mixed tech , HR & management questions. Overally very impressive. Most of people you will work with later whn they hire you.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain what HSRP is?   1 Answer
  • Q: Explain how you can see what port your locall linux system is using to connect to remote host?   1 Answer
  • Q: Explain the process of linux OS booting?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

TAC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Campus Selection. Written, GD(more of a discussion on profile offered), Technical Interview, HR Interview.
    Since it was campus selection, and our university has good relations with Cisco, it was pretty general stuff like OSI model. They wanted to be sure i was interested in Computer networking as most of my projects were software related and my branch was CSE.

Interview Questions

• write a c program? well since the profile was of Computer Networks, i wasnt exactly expecting questions on Programming.   1 Answer

TAC Engineer Interview

Interview

interview was simple three tech rounds and one managerial round followed by HR round and they took a month to come back to me and gave a joining date of 1 month ahead

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The interview process will be a total of 2 technical rounds and a managerial round and HR round.They will test your basics in the first technical round and if your basics are strong in the second round it will be a scenario based interview. They will try to understand how you would go about troubleshooting the issue. They will ask you everything that you have mentioned in your resume. If you are not comfortable with one of the topic do not mention it on you CV.

Interview Questions

• They will test your basics in the first technical round and if your basics are strong in the second round it will be a scenario based interview. They will try to understand how you would go about troubleshooting the issue. They will ask you everything that you have mentioned in your resume. If you are not comfortable with one of the topic do not mention it on you CV.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied for the job online. Got a call from the hiring agency within a week. On the first day of the interview, there were two rounds: Communication Skills and Aptitude/Networking knowledge

The Communication Skills round was a breeze. They just wanted to check if you could speak English in a neutral accent and with good grammar.

Aptitude was a little tougher, but the questions were manageable. Being a CCNP helped me breeze past the Networking questions. I think i got 25 out of 25 correct :p

I was then told within 15 minutes of completing these rounds that I was selected. I had a 1:1 technical interview with a senior TAC engineer where he grilled me on various topics. Passed that round and went to the managerial round where a Manager took my interview to test if I fit the cut.

I got confirmation call from HR on the next day.

Interview Questions

• This was asked in the managerial round. Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?   1 Answer

TAC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in April 2015.

Interview

First it was written test,based on c and networking concepts.
    It was tough.
    Followed by technical and hr interview.
    Focus was on to test the problem solving ability.
    Just be genuine,your resume should only contain,what you actually know.
    Hr was simple.

TAC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

very smooth. basic networking questions. technical and HR interview. a weeks preparation should be enough. interview was in banglore. should be thorough in whatever is mentioned in resume. package was very good for freshers.

TAC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

There was a technical test consisting of 20 c programming question , 20 Networking concepts questions and 5 database questions
    whoever cleared written was called for interview
    Interview was after a week after the test
    Interview was supposed to be in two rounds
    they didn't ask any technical question in Interview

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work as a networking support engineer ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Round one contained some really out of box questions on networking , C and DBMS.Followed by tech and HR interview. Interview focused mainly on basic Networking concepts with aome queations on Communication .HR asked some situation based queations .These questions also tried to test my reaction in a stressful environment.

Interview Questions

• 1.Explain Different IP addressing.
      2.what do you understand by DHCP?
      3.Explain LSA .
      4.What is three way handshake.Explain packet flow.
      5.Explain OSPF ,BGP .
      6.Troubleshoot network problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

includes multistage round

Stage 1-Basic Technical round.
    Stage 2 -Advance Technical round.
    Stage 3-Techno Management round with cross team.
    Stage 4-Managerial round
    Stage 5-Communication round

For Managerial round,be self motivated,decent ,calm and compose and challenger.

Interview Questions

• If you are good with tech stuffs as mentioned in your CV and as per experience.It will be easy to crack.
      For Managerial round,be self motivated,decent ,calm and compose and challenger.

If you are given this(x) opportunity in future,will you be able to take the challenge?
      If you need to learn scripting skills in future.Do you think you can do?   2 Answers