Cisco Systems Technical Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Technical Leader Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2016

3.4

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

1 phone round,
multiple face 2 face rounds, on webex.

Questions about :
- About relevant past project experiences and my role
- deep technical discussions
- programming
- problem solving

Their aim to help you answer as much as possible.
Open technical discussions about problems from past projects and learning.
C and data structure problems..
Networking fundamentals have to be good.

Be honest, no reasonable interviewer all ask you something you have not worked on or don't have expertise in.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

There are 6 rounds of interview process. The first round was phone interview and it went for 30 mins and later after 1 week got a call for 1:1 interview. The 1:1 interview was for 5 rounds, had to provide details about previous experience and need to write lot programs on the white boards. Basically need to very strong in programming and presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• The algorithms with good programming expert is required   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

On Emp referral, the hiring manager called for a telephone screening. Initial round was arranged with four engineers with technical questions, some code examples. Some folks had a good overall system knowledge and asked relavant questions. Final round with three engineers. Hiring manager called and discussed the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter at Cisco which followed with a phone interview with hiring manager. Phone interview lasted for about 45 minutes and was later called in for a on-site interview following week.

I met with 5 different managers on site and it was a pretty average interview. Some of them were prepared and couple of them were not prepared. It appeared they didn't have a clue about the position. Didn't meet on what I expected from Cisco.

Interview Questions

• Basic network questions like.. expalin tcp. Design a multi-tired web based system   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

I had given the interview with CIsco which lasted for about 50 days and had a very bad experience. To begin with after the 1st round it took the Recruitment team atleast 15 days to get back to me with the details of the 2nd round. After that there were 7 other rounds where i was interviewed from the software engineers to the program managers and then back again to the senior software Engineers. Cisco does not have a clue on how they would want the candidate to be evaluated except that they need to follow a set protocol on the interview process which does not make sense.
    After going through the 8 rounds they finally give an offer however, it does not match the expected salary that I had mentioned to them on day 1 of the interview. On asking them why they went ahead with all the rounds and wasted my time the HR had no answer. Never going to give an interview with Cisco ever again.

Interview Questions

• Everything releated to Big Data and distributed systems, Map-Reduce, SPark, Etc.. Not very tough.. Basic of Big Data technology   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview was good. Based on fundamentals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

Got a call from hiring manager. It was a very good call where we spoke about our experience and expectations. A few video confs (VCs) were set up for next day, for which I had to go to an office that had Cisco Telepresence facility. These talks went went really well but a couple of discussions were 30-45 mins each which I thought was too short to judge anybody. Anyways, Interviews were technical (duh :-)) and one of the interviewers wondered that I being a senior, if I remembered data structures and algorithms! I asked him to find out and he asked me a few problems on BSTs and linked lists.

A few more discussions were set up for the next day as well during the middle of the day (had to agree to this odd hour on hiring manager's request as conf room was all booked otherwise). As I got ready to leave my office at around noon for the interviews I happened to check my mail and saw that interviews were cancelled! Staffing coordinator sent a mail in the morning saying that interviews have been cancelled. Lucky me! Thank goodness I checked my mail else I would have wasted couple of hours in horrible traffic. Now, I would expect such important information to have been conveyed through phone. I expressed my concern about this to hr and I was told that they tried calling me 3 times but i didn't answer! Seriously, they want to believe this, especially when my phone was with me since morning and it didn't ring once and also, no missed calls. Tricks that hr plays :-( (more below about this)

Anyway, these VCs were rescheduled and they went really well. Later they called me f2f to Bangalore, and I was told that i have to purchase flight tickets and file for reimbursement later. I would have rather hr make travel arrangements and not worry about reimbursement as it could be a hassle, which I discovered later. Anyway, flew to B'lore and had a great day of very good quality technical interviews. People treated me with respect and quality of interviews were also good. Couple of interviews I really enjoyed as they talked about multiple problems on algorithms and I love algorithms :-)

After I returned from b'lore, I had one more VC which went well but the panel thought there was misalignment of experience with expectations. But I really liked their honesty and quick feedback.

Coming back to hr and poor candidate experience, they have left no stone unturned to make sure that i have a negative experience, undoing all the good work of engineering team who took such great interviews. I was expected to send hard copies of all the bills and boarding passes by snail mail to cisco bangalore for getting reimbursement!! Starting thinking about why did I accept to make my own travel arrangements and go through this suffering and pain. Even a govt office in india accepts scanned copies but not a technology company that revolutionized internet :-) Also, I have interviewed with a few more companies in b'lore recently but none of them asked for boarding passes - soft copy of invoice was enough. Needless to say, I had only one boarding pass with me and the other one i had misplaced/lost. I called the staffing coordinator to discuss about cutting out this inane process but was cut short immediately and told that there is nothing to discuss and everything would be done as per the email that was sent to me earlier about reimbursement process. My goodness, this was just like the scripted reply you get when you call a customer call center when your washing machine goes bad :-) When I protested, she said she is busy and will call back later. Needless to say, that never happened and I sent email inquiry to her (whose name i am tempted to take for all the humiliation i had to suffer but I'll resist) but no response for 3 days. I shudder to think that if a person with 17 years of experience who interviewed for a very senior position is treated with such disregard by hiring staff, what about the junior folks? A great company like Cisco is surely being maligned by such (ill)actions.

I am going to give this interview experience a negative, despite great technical interviews and respect I got from engineering staff, just because of immature and insensitive recruiters who don't understand that a) its their full time job, b) they represent the company brand. Sincere apologies to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you search a number in a nxn matrix where numbers are always increasing in magnitude, both from left to right and top to bottom.   Answer Question

Technical Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in May 2010.

Interview

HR was very uncooperative after selection. During interview they will ask to compilable code which is bit aburd. Focus too much on networking , linux kernel and CISCO IOS. .................................................................. ............. ..................... ..................... .............................. ..................... ...................

Interview Questions

• Networking related questions................................................................   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary offered is good

Technical Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolle (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Rolle (Switzerland)) in July 2016.

Interview

J'ai été contacté par une de leur recruteuse. Ensuite interview avec le manager et 2 fois 2 personnes de l'équipe. Très professionnel (et très correcte).

J'ai interagit avec 7 personnes.
    - La personne responsable du recrutement.
    - Une personne gérant les agendas.
    - Un manager
    - 4 employés.

Je n'étais pas spécialement motivé par Cisco, mais après ces processus d'interview - c'est une boîte qui à l'air très intéressante!