Cisco Systems Technical Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

3.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was recommended through a recruiter who did a preliminary interview. She then arranged three phone interviews with managers and co-workers, and one in-person interview with experienced staff. This is 30 words, Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly about experience; how did I handle a certain situation; what tools do I use; how many years experience in each role.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Technical Writer Interview

Interview

Phoned India to be interviewed by two women.

Interview Questions

• No questions were too difficult but they were hard to hear clearly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied through the Cisco Careers portal and waited for about 2 weeks for them to follow up. Set up a phone screen with the HR recruiter and then following another week, set up a group online interview with a panel of 5 people from the actual team.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Written Test, Technical Test, Face to Face Interview. You need to be well versed with technology and tools related to tech writing. Dita, Agile, SDLC process are given at most importance. Ability to self learn and improve process will be highly looked into.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

A pre-interview screening telephonic, followed by on premise writing assessment round.
    The telephonic was conducted by a tech writer@cisco Banngalore. It was a typical tell me about your resume, achievements, DDLC and a scenario(at what stage in a project should a technical writer be involved). It went off well and I got a call for the interview round.
    The test was of 90 min duration which had 5 questions on basic networking domain, a procedure writing to create a post in a forum with certain pre-conditions.
    There was only 1 position and 11 of us competing for that.
    They kept us all waiting for around an hour before announcing two names and showing the door for the rest.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Highly technical questions.
    Written test: tests your ability to comprehend technical stuff into simpler usage,
    networking knowledge is expected in the interview, interview you on all aspects of networking domain, nature of work, your compatibility to work, interpersonal skills to work in a team, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about documenting a feature?
      How do you ensure you've documented technically accurate features?   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jerusalem (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Jerusalem (Israel)) in July 2013.

Interview

They gave a practical test to check my understanding of an application and also to point out problems in a document.
    They asked me to provide some MS Office tips and tricks.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in June 2013.

Interview

There were three rounds of telephonic interview. Then a written test. Two more rounds of person to person interview. This was followed by a telephonic interview with HR. Most questions were to assess the language capability and quick comprehension of complex technical information. There were also a few questions regarding project management.

Interview Questions

• Most questions pertained to gauging the grasp of English language and quick comprehension of complex technical information.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2011.

Interview

Had multiple rounds. The final was conducted by the QA manager. Even thought I did not know much about the domain, he was generous enough to help me deduct few answers.

Interview Questions

• What is a router, VPN, and so on   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in February 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is very systematic. However they have the usual delays since they are a big company and processes have to be followed. However they do stay in touch in the interim period and provide assurances to keep candidates interested.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was short and sweet. The offer I received initially was not up to my expectations, however they were reasonable about it and we came to a figure both sides agreed upon quite quickly. There was no beating about the bush or going back and forth.