Cisco Systems Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

3.1

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

Interviewed with two different people one after another.
Talked about their work and asked a little bit about me.
Then handed me a laptop to find as many bugs as possible.
Overall a straightforward and relatively easy interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cisco Systems

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems in December 2014.

Interview

I have applied and got contacted in 3 days for a phone interview, the interview is pure technical since the very beginning, it was related mainly to my experience. the interviewer was reading my resume and accordingly asking about each section and technology, he asked about into deep details about OSPF, TLDP vs RSVP-TE, vpws, vpls and L3 vrf, he focused on my testing and Automation Experience. he asked about which traffic generators i use, testing methadolgy.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

i got an email from HR once I applied after clearing a written test. This was followed by 2 rounds of face-to-face technical interviews. First round was with QA engineer the second was with a Manager Finally was made the offer after a HR round

Interview Questions

• Practical questions like How do you test a pen?
      What are the different kinds of testing strategies?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Just the phone interview. He did not ask a lot of network, just asked me the related concepts about Java. I did not know why he asked questions about that. As a network company, he asked so many java questions.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

The organization is a good department and do correct work.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

Interview was taken by group of 4 people. Got the offer on the same day.Questions were mainly technical in nature on temp & voltage variation.It was for EDVT test position. Most of the interviewers were hardware engineers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Great people who interviewed me, except one manager who must have woke up on the wrong side of his bed.
    Otherwise, everyone was friendly and fair.

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to increase salary. However, not too much from what they had in mind.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I interviewed at Cisco Systems (San Jose, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Online resume, Phone, Phone, more Phone, on site, on site, on site, more on site, multiple rounds at each level, multiple chains, verbal, written, brain storming, technical, analytical, HR, puzzle, general knowledge, software, hardware, scripting, automation, black box, white box, manual, project requirement, plan, schedule, risk, mitigation, delivery, quality, PPM.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

You are required to undergo many interviews. None of the 5 interviews I had were technical. Several of the interviewers were not prepared to conduct the interview.
    They were more interested in team fit that skills.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked questions about previous jobs
      Asked about experience
      Gave a variety of what would you do in this situation type questions.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

6 rounds of interview. 1 round telephonic, 3 rounds of face to face, 1 round of US interview, 1 HR interview. Takes a lot of time to complete the interview process. Then the background verification takes about 2 weeks.

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. Receive what they give.