Cisco Systems Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Cisco Systems Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 19, 2017

82 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems.

Interview

The process was long, with large gaps between each stage. The application was straighforward. The telephone interview was very basic, asking why Cisco and if I could use Excel. The next stage was a live video interview. When asked for feedback after being rejected at this stage, they said "candidate must conduct research on role/company", which seemed very generic and irrelevant, considering I was not asked any question on the role or company.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to use features in Excel, such as pivot tables?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Cisco?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through the website, was immediately asked for a phone interview which was based on technical skills and experiences. Then asked to go to an office for a face-to-face interview which recruitment were very happy to work around my timetable and rearrange for me when I could not make the first agreed date. I was asked to complete a test in C, which I do not know, so asked for a different test which was never sent to me (it was the week before Christmas so was understandably forgotten about). Interview at office was very chilled and interesting, no technical questions just about past experiences and a tour of the office.

High Operations Care Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Reading, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Initial call to discuss your high level skils against the main role responsibilities followed by face to face two small groups to assess you fit in and your skills.

The call is approx 1/2 hour for both parties to get a sense and feel for being a good fit for the role, team and organisation. A strong sense of you would be the right advocate for them.

Very open honest and relaxed style to get the maximum benefit for all interested parties.

Interview Questions

• Have you had direct experience with client facing roles and if a client called saying all systems are down what would your first steps be. Questions were to probe about experience required to measure if good match for the role.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Uxbridge, England (UK)).

Interview

Cisco policy is that a minimum of five individual interviews be held. From beginning to end, I attended thirteen interviews. The first two interviews were on the telephone. The first screening telephone interview was conducted by a recent graduate employee asking detailed network engineering and IP communications questions. The second telephone interview was conducted by a recruiter and this covered personality questions. I was flown down to Stockley Park for the next five interviews and exams. It was a two-day recruitment event for the graduate training programme. Five individual interviews were carried out with different groups of senior systems engineers and management. One of the interviews required me to present for an hour on "Why I deserve to work for Cisco". Everyone was pleasant, and because it was spread over two days, there didn't seem to be a sense of urgency - everyone was relaxed. After passing through that round of interviews, I returned to Stockley Park for the field and group assignment interviews. This determined whether I would get a job at Cisco and which organisation within Cisco I would be placed. The five remaining individual interviews were casual. One of them was a walk-and-talk around the park! Very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe the structure of an Internet Protocol version 4 packet.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a good phone interview then Webex interview, after being referred by a friend.
    I had a successful phone interview which was based on behavioural questions and still need to go to the technical interview in few days. This will include questions to do with my technical skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at cisco, where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What hobbies or interests do you have that relate to computer science?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Good interview process; had a telephone interview first, followed by a short video assessment.

Assessment centre was intense, but fair - comprised of a test, a chat about your CV and experiences, and a chance to ask about the company. Since it's Cisco, they're unashamedly geeky. Had a role play and a presentation to prep for on the day.

Overall, good experience, and would recommend anyone give this a try - it's a tough process, but it's worth it. Got the news the day after the assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Know your CV inside and out - anticipate questions relating to it, especially if you've had technical roles, swot up on them and be ready to speak about them if asked.   1 Answer

Graduate Software Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (Uxbridge, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online through their platform and after a day I received a call from a HR representative in order to arrange a phone screen interview the next day with a Cisco representative. The interviewer asked standard questions about my background such as what programming languages I know and previous working experience. Furthermore they asked about life goals and wanted short answers.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I see myself in 5 years and what I know about Cisco as a company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

i had a online webex interview.
    it waas a phone interview, very short, about 20 mins.
    very basic questions. what do u think about the company. what could u contribute to the company.

Desktop EngineerPhone Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st Stage - WebEx Telephone Interview -
    Consisted of 3 Questions.
    I then waited for feedback and was told i was through to a second telephone interview with the Hiring Manager and that there will be an assessment centre invitation soon.

Interviewer was slightly unorganised and didn't know when my next interview will be. But was very kind and helpful.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cisco Systems (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

After submitting the application process in November, was invited to a tele interview soon after. I was told I passed this competency interview "with flying colours", but it's been radio silence from their recruiters ever since. This is even after I emailed them asking about my application status. Now I'm accepting another job interview without even being able to give cisco a crack. Very disappointing experience.

Also their application page is antiquated and very annoying - you have to give a compulsory response about "how you heard about cisco" every time you log in. They must do something about that.